Windows 10: Game Performance Terrible when Playing on Main Monitor

Discus and support Game Performance Terrible when Playing on Main Monitor in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello Everyone! I'm desperately trying to fix an issue that I've been having ever since I got my new monitor. I can't even really describe the issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Magyst, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Magyst Win User

Game Performance Terrible when Playing on Main Monitor

Hello Everyone!

I'm desperately trying to fix an issue that I've been having ever since I got my new monitor. I can't even really describe the issue because I don't understand it. Basically if I am running a game on my main monitor, (https://www.amazon.com/27-inch-Monitor-PG278Q-Response-Display/dp/B00MSOND8C/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1483106497&sr=8-2&keywords=asus+rog+monitor) the frame rate is VERY laggy. My PC can more than handle any game (hearthstone, even a low graphic game such as Brawlhalla) that I've played and I feel like this has only happened recently.. Here is what I've done so far.

Updated Graphic Drivers
    Monitor 1 set to Main display
    Set Monitor to Correct Refresh Rate
    Updates monitor drivers
    Ensured that gsync is pulling from GPU

Here is the kicker... when I "minimize" the game by clicking on my second monitor, the game that is running on my 1st monitor (mentioned in link above) runs perfectly. No lag, no frame drops, nothing. The 1st monitor is running via Display port and the second is HDMI. Pretty standard but I can't figure out what is causing this issue. I don't know if it just isn't optimizing correctly. Any feedback would be perfect, thanks!

:)

Magyst, Dec 29, 2016

2. 2 monitors - one 75hz, second 60hz. Refresh rate problem.

Hello,

I have two monitors: 1920x1080 75hz (main) and 1920x1080 60hz (second). The problem is when I play on main monitor in borderless window and on second monitor I watch a video in 60fps my first monitor is limit to 60hz (or even less). When I play fullscreen
    the problem doesn't appear. I don't want to minimize my game every time I click on second monitor (I want to play in borderless window). Please help.

Moved from: (Windows 10 / Performance & system failures)

DanioL1337, Dec 29, 2016
  3. My games run with horrible fps after upgrading to Windows 10

Yes, Its a known issue the same happened to me to all my game, I mean I cant even play dota at 720p.

Yes, I do have the latest drivers.

Yes Windows 10 is terrible for Gaming, Going back to my beloved windows 7.

All the spyware and monitoring things that Microsoft put in windows 10 makes it terrible to play

charly_skullfire, Dec 29, 2016
  4. Magyst Win User

Note: The only thing I can think of is that my monitor is set to 144h refresh rate and the games are not picking that up and they are bottle necking at 60 fps or lower

Magyst, Dec 29, 2016
Thema:

1. Game Performance Terrible when Playing on Main Monitor - Similar Threads - Game Performance Terrible

2. BSOD when playing games mainly VR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when playing games mainly VR: Hello,I have been having a problem more recently where I go to use my Oculus Quest 2, linked to my computer via a cable, to play games mainly Blade and Sorcery and DCS World and I get a BSOD. The error code is: whea uncorrectable error which I understand is most likely a...
  3. BSOD when playing games mainly VR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when playing games mainly VR: Hello,I have been having a problem more recently where I go to use my Oculus Quest 2, linked to my computer via a cable, to play games mainly Blade and Sorcery and DCS World and I get a BSOD. The error code is: whea uncorrectable error which I understand is most likely a...
  4. BSOD when playing games mainly VR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black screen in games, when fullscrene on main monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen in games, when fullscrene on main monitor: on nearly every video game I have when it goes full screen, it goes black... • runs fine on window mode and on second monitor... • started when I updated drivers• if I move my mouse off the 1st monitor, the screen stops being black• i tried to do a windows update but it...
  6. Black screen in games, when fullscrene on main monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen in games, when fullscrene on main monitor: on nearly every video game I have when it goes full screen, it goes black... • runs fine on window mode and on second monitor... • started when I updated drivers• if I move my mouse off the 1st monitor, the screen stops being black• i tried to do a windows update but it...
  7. BSOD when playing games on new monitor

BSOD when playing games on new monitor: Demanding games such as Cold War and Cyberpunk have been crashing to a blue screen every single time I try to play them. After about 1-5 minutes of gameplay, both of my monitors go black and a recovery screen pops up with no error code, prompting me with advanced options or a...
  8. Game bar performance monitoring

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game bar performance monitoring: I was curious about the performance monitoring in the windows game bar, I know it allows you to see your cpu gpu and ram usage, whilst also your FPS, but I was curious to know, is there a way to have it display your FPS on your screen without having to open the game bar every...
  9. BSOD when starting computer mainly playing games

BSOD when starting computer mainly playing games: Hello, I have been getting BSOD in games such as CS GO and Alan Wake - sometimes i do not get a blue screen but just a black screen and them same noise it would make through the speakers, if it were to blue screen. I have done a memtest for 9 passes with no errors, i...
  10. [14393.953] Terrible gaming performance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    [14393.953] Terrible gaming performance: Hello fellow forum members. Since the update from 14393.693 to 14393.953 I am experiencing very bad performance in several games (Grim Dawn, CS:GO). Alhough more testing is needed the difference is quite noticeable all across the board. Any ideas? Nothing else was...