Windows 10: Game Pictures on desktop messed up.

Discus and support Game Pictures on desktop messed up. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Yesterday I went online and found one of those weird font generator things, I copied it and renamed 3 things on my desktop, and today, I opened booted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sonnybottumus, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Game Pictures on desktop messed up.

Yesterday I went online and found one of those weird font generator things, I copied it and renamed 3 things on my desktop, and today, I opened booted up, and the little picture on my desktop for all of them are weird globe looking things. I also bought wallpaper engine the same day, and the wallpaper I chose was gone.

submitted by /u/sonnybottumus
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sonnybottumus, Aug 11, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Changing the background in Windows 10 from picture foders created on the hard drive?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open Desktop Background by right clicking on the desktop clicking Personalization

• Click the picture or color that you want to use for your desktop background.

• If the picture you want to use isn't in the list of desktop background pictures, click an item in the Picture location list to see other categories, or click Browse to search for the picture on your computer.
      When you find the picture that you want, double-click it. It will become your desktop background.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Game Pictures on desktop messed up.

Personalize desktop with pictures taken and stored within My Pictures

Hi Granite,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to create a new folder, copy pictures whichever you want to set as desktop background and paste in new folder.

Now browse and select this folder to set as desktop background. Follow the below steps:

• Right click on desktop and select Personalize.
    • Under background select Slideshow.
    • Now browse for the folder which you created.
    • Turn on Shuffle.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Game Pictures on desktop messed up.

1. Game Pictures on desktop messed up. - Similar Threads - Game Pictures desktop

2. Onedrive messing up separate desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive messing up separate desktops: I have two desktops on different computers, When I originally set up the second computer onedrive synced 'ghost' files over to my new computer, these files existed on that computers desktop but not in the computer. the shortcuts created for programs on the other computer were...
  3. Messed up moving location of Desktop

Messed up moving location of Desktop: I had a laptop with a small 500GB SSD main drive c:\I installed another 2TB SSD as drive d:\I put all my stuff on d:\, in folders not in the root. There's a lot of stuff!I like to use the Windows Desktop as a working area but some of it is bulky so I wanted to move it to...
  4. Messed up my Desktop, Document and Picture folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messed up my Desktop, Document and Picture folders: I have a new PC and unknowingly selected "Start Backup" with OneDrive and messed up my folders with OneDrive. I thought OneDeive was just a backup like using a external hard drive. I quickly ranout of space in OneDrive and meesed up my folders, OneDrive changed the file...
  5. Messed up my Desktop, Document and Picture folders

Messed up my Desktop, Document and Picture folders: I have a new PC and unknowingly selected "Start Backup" with OneDrive and messed up my folders with OneDrive. I thought OneDeive was just a backup like using a external hard drive. I quickly ranout of space in OneDrive and meesed up my folders, OneDrive changed the file...
  6. Peek At Desktop messed up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Peek At Desktop messed up: HI all,Another problem out of the box Of course, its windows! in my newly purchased dell XPS17 which runs on windows 10 pro, 11 gen i7, 32Gb ram, nVidia Geforce 3060.... $3400 in total!The peek onto desktop functionality, accessed through the peek button on the far right end...
  7. Peek At Desktop messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Peek At Desktop messed up: HI all,Another problem out of the box Of course, its windows! in my newly purchased dell XPS17 which runs on windows 10 pro, 11 gen i7, 32Gb ram, nVidia Geforce 3060.... $3400 in total!The peek onto desktop functionality, accessed through the peek button on the far right end...
  8. Peek At Desktop messed up

9. Desktop messed up on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop messed up on startup: Hello,I've been having an issue with my desktop icons arrangement for a while. Normally, I never use a predefined sorting method such as by name, size, item type... and custom sort the desktop icons myself. It used to work normally: I sort the icons, and they stay where they...
  10. Desktop icon images are messing up

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icon images are messing up: Having this issue you can see in the pic with my icons. I have removed them and added them back but they just add back like that again and not as the should be. Didn't have an issue until a few days ago and it just started out of the blue. First with the 2 icons on the left...