Windows 10: Game purchase not transferring between laptops.

Discus and support Game purchase not transferring between laptops. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just recently bought Sea of Thieves on my friends laptop, but signed into my own account and we played a bit. But now when I go to my own laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nickperson28, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Game purchase not transferring between laptops.

I just recently bought Sea of Thieves on my friends laptop, but signed into my own account and we played a bit. But now when I go to my own laptop signed into my own account it shows all my recent activity but when I try to play it says that I have to buy it again! Also when I got onto my xbox account on my iphone it says that I have bought the game...? Both of the laptops are windows ten.

:)

Nickperson28, Sep 2, 2019

2. USB Transfer to Laptop

Hello Judy,

I suggest you to copy all the files to a flash drive from the laptop.
    You may create a new folder on your desktop and name that folder as per your choice.

• Perform the steps to transfer the files from laptop to desktop.

• Plug in the flash drive and wait for it to get detected.

• Now, open the flash drive and Right Click on the files that you want to transfer and select “Copy”.

• Now, open the folder on desktop and Right Click on an empty space in the folder and select “Paste”.

• Similarly, you can transfer all other files.
    As per the file size you can also use an external drive instead of a flash drive and transfer the data.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 2, 2019
  3. game transfer

Just purchased a laptop with Microsoft 10OS. I would like to have the misc game package (Oberon) that was on my Vista computer also on the new laptop. Is there a way to transfer these games?

pepper_104, Sep 2, 2019
  4. Game purchase not transferring between laptops.

purchased game

Hi,

To install a game on you need to make sure that you sign in on your computer using the Microsoft account that you use to purchased the game. To install a game on Windows 10, you may follow the steps below:

• Using your Microsoft account, sign in to the PC where you want to install your games.
    • On the Start screen, select the Store icon.
    • In the Store, select Games from the menu.
    • Browse to and select the game you want to buy.

If you already own the game, you can install it on your PC. Otherwise, select Install to download and install the game.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

Game purchase not transferring between laptops.

1. Game purchase not transferring between laptops. - Similar Threads - Game purchase transferring

2. Transferring licenses between machines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring licenses between machines: Long story.....I have my own small business and have purchased an Office 365 package for me and the other employee.Some time ago I bought a new computer which had Windows 10 Home.I wanted to set up a number of different users on the machine using my Work Accounts that had...
  3. Transferring licenses between machines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring licenses between machines: Long story.....I have my own small business and have purchased an Office 365 package for me and the other employee.Some time ago I bought a new computer which had Windows 10 Home.I wanted to set up a number of different users on the machine using my Work Accounts that had...
  4. data transfer between old/new laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    data transfer between old/new laptop: looking for a solution to transfer data between laptops on a budget that wont take days (we are talking less than a tb of data but many images/videos), l would have used Reflect which seemed quite quick but l dont have two licences as it seems to only be a licenced feature....
  5. Office transfer between computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Office transfer between computers: I want to transfer Office 2013 from one laptop to another. The other laptop has Office 2007. Then I want to buy Office home and student 2019 for the second laptop. How is this done?...
  6. Transfer Microsoft purchases between accounts

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Microsoft purchases between accounts: Hi. I have an old Microsoft live email account I have been trying to discontinue. I also have a current Microsoft outlook account that I am trying to transfer to Windows as my main account. This has been an annoying process since I had to wait 30 days to change the account...
  7. Transferring pre-bought games between computers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring pre-bought games between computers.: I redeemed a code on an old computer. Then I got a new one, and I can't redeem it again. I'm using the same Microsoft account on both PCs. How can I transfer this game from my old computer to my new one without buying it again?...
  8. Windows transfer between SSD's

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows transfer between SSD's: Hello so I recently build a new pc because my old one wasn't doing the job no more, so I replaced basically everything except the tower and my hard drives. I have a 256GB Samsung SSD, an old 232GB HDD, and a laptop drive with 500GB. my OS (Windows 10) is installed to my...
  9. SSD transfer between Windwos 10 laptops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD transfer between Windwos 10 laptops: Hello I have a laptop, with Windows10 installed on a 128GB SSD. I also had a 1TB HDD on the laptop which failed after a few years. I bought a SATA3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD, (512GB) as a replacement. I only store files, pictures, videos etc on it, no programes at all. I used the...
  10. Transfer of purchased Word

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer of purchased Word: I had my laptop replaced by its manufacture, due to a warranty issue, how do I get my paid for Word transferred on to the new computer, as they deleted everything on the old one....