Windows 10: Game purchased off of Microsoft store just stopped working.

Discus and support Game purchased off of Microsoft store just stopped working. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hey wonderful world of knowledgeable people. My father purchased Age of Empire off the Microsoft store about 4 months ago and he plays it daily. Today... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by SarahAshmore, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Game purchased off of Microsoft store just stopped working.

Hey wonderful world of knowledgeable people. My father purchased Age of Empire off the Microsoft store about 4 months ago and he plays it daily. Today it stopped working and he doesn't know why. So here I am asking for him. Please if anyone can figure this out so he can play his favorite game again.

:)

SarahAshmore, Mar 26, 2020
  2. P.PPP Win User

Microsoft Store purchased apps by itself

Thank you for putting the effort and being patient to help me solve this problem, but I will not install any other third party annoying applications to stop an already annoying situation.

The solution you suggested may worked for you, but in my case,

1. I have the "Show suggestions occasionally in Start" turned off long time ago;
    2. I am on the latest Windows version;
    3. This automatic purchase happened today;
    4. It did not install anything in my machine, so there is nothing to uninstall;
    5. Although the apps are free, it
      purchased
      Twitter and Candy Crush Saga for me, it means I own these apps now (unwillingly), and they are in my "ready to install" list.

P.PPP, Mar 26, 2020
  3. If I purchase action games directly from Antiflex mundi they works on my pc, but if I purchase the same games from the Microsoft store the games do not work.

Title:
    If I purchase action games directly from Antiflex mundi they works on my pc, but if I purchase the same games from the Microsoft store the games do not work.

Hi Brian,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you updated all the Windows Updates?

• Have you updated all the drivers?

• Are you getting any error messages?

• Items 1 and 2 were done with no change to the problem and there were not any error messages for 3.
    I suggest you to install the Game in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Compatibility mode

Follow the steps below on how to install Game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the Game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the Game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

1. Game from the Microsoft store is save it on my local C drive.

2. Were do you find setup file of the driver
    and select “Properties?

3. Were is the “Compatibility” Tab
    on windows 10?

BrianShearer1946, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Game purchased off of Microsoft store just stopped working.

purchased game

Hi,

To install a game on you need to make sure that you sign in on your computer using the Microsoft account that you use to purchased the game. To install a game on Windows 10, you may follow the steps below:

• Using your Microsoft account, sign in to the PC where you want to install your games.
    • On the Start screen, select the Store icon.
    • In the Store, select Games from the menu.
    • Browse to and select the game you want to buy.

If you already own the game, you can install it on your PC. Otherwise, select Install to download and install the game.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Game purchased off of Microsoft store just stopped working.

1. Game purchased off of Microsoft store just stopped working. - Similar Threads - Game purchased off

2. Why wont microsoft let me install a game I just purchased on the microsoft store?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why wont microsoft let me install a game I just purchased on the microsoft store?: Hello, so I bought and paid for Virtual Families 3 but my microsoft store is coming back with an 'error' everytime I try to install the game. The money has come out of my bank account so im not sure what the issue is??Thank you...
  3. Why wont microsoft let me install a game I just purchased on the microsoft store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why wont microsoft let me install a game I just purchased on the microsoft store?: Hello, so I bought and paid for Virtual Families 3 but my microsoft store is coming back with an 'error' everytime I try to install the game. The money has come out of my bank account so im not sure what the issue is??Thank you...
  4. game purchased in Microsoft store failing to download

game purchased in Microsoft store failing to download: Having purchased a game for my son at the Microsoft Store, I'm receiving a '- something happened at our end' error. I have already worked through a series of suggested fixes from your forum but none have worked.I would sincerely appreciate your help.Thanks....
  5. game purchased in Microsoft store failing to download

game purchased in Microsoft store failing to download: Having purchased a game for my son at the Microsoft Store, I'm receiving a '- something happened at our end' error. I have already worked through a series of suggested fixes from your forum but none have worked.I would sincerely appreciate your help.Thanks....
  6. In game purchase from Microsoft Store

In game purchase from Microsoft Store: I started playing Big Business Deluxe on my pc, from the Microsoft Store and made various purchases getting close to $200\£160. One of the purchases was quite expensive and generated 500,000 coins every 3 days to use in game. A week or so ago the game repeatedly wouldn't...
  7. My games just stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My games just stopped working: I have no clue what to do anymore I have exhausted my knowledge which probably isn't much, but I up until a week ago I was able to play any game on my PC I wanted mostly a bit of Warzone and Civilization VI. Warzone did freeze up quite often which later after doing some...
  8. purchasing a game on microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    purchasing a game on microsoft store: Hello This is my very first time I am trying to purchase something on Microsoft Store and I got lost in the process. from my child session, hewento to the store, selected the game he wished to buy and a pop up windows opened to tell him that an email was sent to me to get...
  9. I purchased a game off the Microsoft store, but I was unable to download It.

I purchased a game off the Microsoft store, but I was unable to download It.: I just purchased Minecraft Windows 10 Edition yesterday, and I can't download It I also got the game by redeeming a code. I have already searched through the forums for hours, and I tried everything, but I just can't install It.[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. Installing a game I just purchased through Microsoft Store

Installing a game I just purchased through Microsoft Store: I OWN this game, it says. I go to install it and a screen comes up, that I have NO device to install it on my Microsoft account.. NOW What? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-a-game-i-just-purchased-through/000b983b-9e23-4b20-8dda-985865d1d3c1