Windows 10: Game recording/hooking completely messed up with 1809!!!

Discus and support Game recording/hooking completely messed up with 1809!!! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Oh hey look, another successful update from multi billion company Microsoft, now I cannot record my gameplay in ANY game with the software I'm using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Pagefile'sys, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Game recording/hooking completely messed up with 1809!!!

Oh hey look, another successful update from multi billion company Microsoft, now I cannot record my gameplay in ANY game with the software I'm using its called OBS, even window capture not working, this problem started with this broken as **** update called "october 2018" aka 1809,

I waited for months to all issues getting fixed, but it seems MS too busy investing into cloud instead of Windows, because 1809 is a huge mess everyone knows that by now.

so how I can get obs to record my gameplay? and don't tell me use another program, OBS is my favourite software for gameplay recording, it seems obs cannot hook into the games, because OBS not seeing anything while game is in active background,

help!!

:)

Pagefile'sys, Feb 19, 2019

2. Game DVR randomly cutting out sound when recording

Hi Jordan,

Having an incorrect configuration setting is one of the possible reasons why you're having an issue using the Game DVR. To help you resolve this concern, I need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you having the issue when you're using the Xbox app?
    • Were you able to record a video without any problem before?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps provided on the link below:

Click here

Wilfred Mac, Feb 19, 2019
  3. renee1219 Win User
    Record and Take Screenshots with Game Bar in Windows 10

Crazzzzzyyyy quick question but can this be used for things other then apps and games. Such as a way to record a program or a browser for helping make tutorials. The way I understand "Snipping Tool" can take screen shots as well as custom cutouts of the screen your on. And the "Steps Recorder" records the steps taken and can also apply notes to the steps. But can the Game Bar record things like a tutorial steps. Like by recording your screen as a video rather then just steps. Like I said above Crazy Question.

renee1219, Feb 19, 2019
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

Game recording/hooking completely messed up with 1809!!!

Hiding New Game Bar when Recording

Hi LeviathanTheEsper,

Normally, You can play your games while recording it in the background. It seems that background recording is not enabled on your computer that's why the Game bar is showing up when playing your games. Let's check if background recording is enabled by performing
    the following steps:

1. Press the Windows key, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Go to Gaming.
    3. Select Game DVR.
    4. Under Background Recording, check if the toggle switch is enabled.

We look forward to your update.

Ariel Acu, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

Game recording/hooking completely messed up with 1809!!!

1. Game recording/hooking completely messed up with 1809!!! - Similar Threads - Game recording hooking

2. my icons are completely messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my icons are completely messed up: my icons are completely messed up and the spacing is making it impossible to see or organize as they are taking way too much space and instead of being able to have multiple icons in the same row, I get to have only 3...
  3. my icons are completely messed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my icons are completely messed up: my icons are completely messed up and the spacing is making it impossible to see or organize as they are taking way too much space and instead of being able to have multiple icons in the same row, I get to have only 3...
  4. Computers time completely messed up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computers time completely messed up.: Good afternoon, Since yesterday Ive been having some serious problems with my date and time. At the moment syncing my date and time is taking my computer clock back to 1992, and when I manually change the time back to the current date it seems to all be normal until I load...
  5. Complete Mess

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Complete Mess: Hey guys I have some troubles with my laptop. I rebootet windows 10 and after that when I tried to sign in it said Other User but I had no login details. So i followed this youtube tutorial https://youtu.be/nn4B75ZgngI but i forgot to set a password. And now when I try to...
  6. Time recorded for completion of 'EVENT" games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time recorded for completion of 'EVENT" games: I trust Microsoft is monitoring this Community site. My question/issue is with the computation of recorded time for completed games. It occurs too frequently where the game is successfully completed but the server is having some issue in recording the game results. The...
  7. speaker hook up

in Windows 10 Customization
    speaker hook up: I tried hooking up my speakers after having to move my system. They are not working. I have the connect wire into my tower. The speaker does not come on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-hook-up/e5db43f0-44ca-4558-b503-e7236bdea2bc
  8. Update to 1809 messed up almost everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update to 1809 messed up almost everything: I've updated a dozen of other computers to 1809 and had no problems. But those were mainly default setups, no advanced users. I thought it's time for me as advanced user to upgrade my Win 10 to 1809. And I did it. Jawww….disaster! :( Upon first reboot, my profile was...
  9. camera hook up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    camera hook up: How do I hook up a RNTW-MN21A camera? I have no instruction booklet/disk/etc. . Just the camera and dsl box/wiring. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-hook-up/689cc5d2-ad7f-4960-b3db-3bf6a50a2900
  10. Hooking Up Speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hooking Up Speakers: Hi, I was hooking up some old external speakers to my newer laptop. the old external speakers has a green jack which I think is a audio line-in cable? My laptop doesn't have line-in or line-out jacks. Instead it has a microphone and headphone jack. I can sort of hook...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows game bar audio record messed up