Windows 10: Game related

Discus and support Game related in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Can you tell me why only game shortcuts support in Windows desktop option but when I try to drag the game exe and copy them in desktop they are not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Soumyadeep Ghorui, Mar 29, 2023.

1. Game related

Can you tell me why only game shortcuts support in Windows desktop option but when I try to drag the game exe and copy them in desktop they are not working they are saying something missing but when I start the exe in the game file starts automatically could this happen because the shortcuts only support in desktop.

:)

Soumyadeep Ghorui, Mar 29, 2023

2. full screen problem in gaming

Hello Ganesh,

It's unfortunate that you are facing issues with the display in Windows 10. We'll certainly assist you with this.

We appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Is the issue particular to that game or other games also?
    This issue could occur if the your playing a game at a different resolution than the desktop resolution.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the resolution of the game as well as the resolution with in the computer and see if you are able to play the games in full screen.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot the issues related to DirectX graphics and gaming on Windows 10.

DirectX Graphics and Gaming

Also,

Troubleshoot games

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode from Manufacturer's website, if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.
    Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Mar 29, 2023
  3. Error code 0x80073CFD in the game Quantum Break

Hi,

I suggest you to install the game software in Compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Before installing the game in compatibility mode, i suggest you to delete all the game related files present in the system and proceed with the steps below.

Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Locate and right-click on the game setup file on your PC and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      , select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer for the effective changes to take place.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Mar 29, 2023
  4. Game related

Problem with Windows 10 taskbar and Full Screen games

Hello Richard,

Thank you for responding in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the resolution of the game as well as the resolution with in the computer and see if you are able to play the games in full screen.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot the issues related to DirectX graphics and gaming on Windows 10.

DirectX Graphics and Gaming

Also,

Troubleshoot games

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode from Manufacturer's website, if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 29, 2023
Thema:

Game related

1. Game related - Similar Threads - Game related

2. Error Message related to Xbox Game Bar "ms-gamingoverlay".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Message related to Xbox Game Bar "ms-gamingoverlay".: I have attempted to uninstall game bar using the instructions given by an agent from this link:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/how-do-i-uninstall-x-box-game-bar-app/2a913ece-194d-40d7-8ec0-f93372ab6069I keep getting this message whenever I want to open a...
  3. Error Message related to Xbox Game Bar "ms-gamingoverlay".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Message related to Xbox Game Bar "ms-gamingoverlay".: I have attempted to uninstall game bar using the instructions given by an agent from this link:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/how-do-i-uninstall-x-box-game-bar-app/2a913ece-194d-40d7-8ec0-f93372ab6069I keep getting this message whenever I want to open a...
  4. Game bar related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar related: Can anybody tell me why game bar recording feature not working and showing gaming feature are not available for windows and file explorer. But it is working in any app. Does game bar screen recording not work in normal screen....
  5. Game bar related

Game bar related: Can anybody tell me why game bar recording feature not working and showing gaming feature are not available for windows and file explorer. But it is working in any app. Does game bar screen recording not work in normal screen....
  6. How is a game application related to this "SearchHost.exe - System Error"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How is a game application related to this "SearchHost.exe - System Error"?: Each time I am running World of Warcraft, I am receiving the following error. I have not yet seen this error while using any other application. I have noted that often the game will not start correctly, then this error appears.SearchHost.exe - System ErrorThe system detected...
  7. How is a game application related to this "SearchHost.exe - System Error"?

How is a game application related to this "SearchHost.exe - System Error"?: Each time I am running World of Warcraft, I am receiving the following error. I have not yet seen this error while using any other application. I have noted that often the game will not start correctly, then this error appears.SearchHost.exe - System ErrorThe system detected...
  8. Steam Games Will Not Play/Crash on Windows 11 + Many Windows Related Errors and Crashes CPU...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam Games Will Not Play/Crash on Windows 11 + Many Windows Related Errors and Crashes CPU...: I recently bought a gaming PC and have been having problems with it ever since. I've got it to the point where it is running windows 11 but still with many issues, This is going to be my second post here as I've encountered some new/slightly different issues since. Here's a...
  9. Steam Games Will Not Play/Crash on Windows 11 + Many Windows Related Errors and Crashes CPU...

Steam Games Will Not Play/Crash on Windows 11 + Many Windows Related Errors and Crashes CPU...: I recently bought a gaming PC and have been having problems with it ever since. I've got it to the point where it is running windows 11 but still with many issues, This is going to be my second post here as I've encountered some new/slightly different issues since. Here's a...
  10. BSOD Games crashing and slow computer-I think its driver related but don't know what to do.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Games crashing and slow computer-I think its driver related but don't know what to do.: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah-FekajzWrQif0qaPd7wWNK85jdIA?e=YkmYfYI think I have attached the minidump information correctly, if not I apologise. I have had a problem where when I play games such as Roblox I experience strange lag when my wifi is fine, and sometimes crashes. When I...