Windows 10: Game requires DirectX 8.1 or higher installed

Discus and support Game requires DirectX 8.1 or higher installed in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently upgraded from windows 7 to 10 on a new SSD hard drive and fresh install. I downloaded Command and conquer generals and was able to play it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jhaus2011, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Jhaus2011 Win User

Game requires DirectX 8.1 or higher installed

I recently upgraded from windows 7 to 10 on a new SSD hard drive and fresh install. I downloaded Command and conquer generals and was able to play it. After a month of not playing it I tried to play it again yesterday and I get the error Game requires DirectX 8.1 or higher installed or video card does not meet the minimum requirements. I have been to Origins help page and tried all of their work arounds-changing the compatibility setting, run as admin, change the option file. I have also tried windows feature and legacy mode but it was already checked. I also uninstalled from my secondary drive to my primary drive. One solution was to run directx 8.1 but I have 12 and not sure how I would be able to do that without it auto updating back to 12. Also not sure why it was working 5 weeks ago and not working now. Also to note, all the other C&C games appear to be working, it is just this one.

:)

Jhaus2011, Sep 27, 2019

2. this program requires DirectX 9.0c or higher error FIFA 7

Fifa 07 cannot run on windows 10, the program requires that i install DirectX 9.0c or higher but i have DIrectX 11 installed on my PC. what should i do

Running fifa 07 game on windows 10- Original Title

benjaminandoh, Sep 27, 2019
  3. pranz998 Win User
    Directx 9.0c or higher?

Hi there,

I have problem with installation of the old game.

In my files that i downloaded of the game. There is Autorun option that installs the game. After I type the cdkey and click yes couple of times. Its asking me to have directx 9.0 or higher. I'm trying to run it on my Win10 OS and when i type dxdiag it says
    i have directx 12 version. Can someone explain me how to fix this problem?

Thanks for any help and sorry for my poor grammar.

pranz998, Sep 27, 2019
  4. V S Rawat Win User

Installed w10, got only directx 9Ex

I installed w10,
    dxdiag is showing that it has directx 9Ex

What happened to dx 12, 11.1 11.0 or even 10?

how can it bundle such an older dx version?

1. If higher dx versions are there in the installation pen drive, how can I extract the installations files from there and install them?
    2. I also have w8 and w7 installations, so how can I copy a higher dx version from those o.s. to w10?

ADD: 27 April 2016

I also am not in to gaming, so don't need higher dx for that.
    I use ChrisTV to watch TV on my pc using a TV Tuner.
    ChrisTV shows lines and haziness that distracts, so taking recomendation of christv site, I download WMEncoder_64bit_v9
    which, on running, is giving the error that
    "it requires directx media 8.1, so can't run."

Even when my dx is 9E something it doesn't recognize that, probably it needs clearcut 9.0 written there.
    So I tried to upgrade dx just to be able to run WMencoder.

the question changes to how to make WMencoder run on my box which requires dx 8.1 or higher, when I already have dx 9E.

Can I downgrade dx to dx 9.0 so that the software recognizes it and runs?
    Thanks.

V S Rawat, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Game requires DirectX 8.1 or higher installed - Similar Threads - Game requires DirectX

2. DirectX Error 9.0 or higher issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX Error 9.0 or higher issue: Hello!So here is the problem when I boot up Command & Conquer on either steam or origin I purchased the game twice to make sure I am not going insane. down below. My P.C keeps telling me that I do not have DirectX 9.0 installed yet I know for a fact I do. I have followed the...
  3. DirectX Error 9.0 or higher issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DirectX Error 9.0 or higher issue: Hello!So here is the problem when I boot up Command & Conquer on either steam or origin I purchased the game twice to make sure I am not going insane. down below. My P.C keeps telling me that I do not have DirectX 9.0 installed yet I know for a fact I do. I have followed the...
  4. DirectX 9 required for a game while newer version is installed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 9 required for a game while newer version is installed.: Hi everyone,I have just bought Red Alert 3 - Uprising game from EA and downloaded it successfully but can not launch it.It shows up a message that requires DirectX 9 while I already have DirectX 12 on my windows 10.The laptop specifications Core i7, RAM: 16 GB satisfy minimum...
  5. DirectX 9 required for a game while newer version is installed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DirectX 9 required for a game while newer version is installed.: Hi everyone,I have just bought Red Alert 3 - Uprising game from EA and downloaded it successfully but can not launch it.It shows up a message that requires DirectX 9 while I already have DirectX 12 on my windows 10.The laptop specifications Core i7, RAM: 16 GB satisfy minimum...
  6. DirectX 11 Feature 10.0 required for playing games.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX 11 Feature 10.0 required for playing games.: In some games, especially that have got the new update, e.g Minecraft 1.17 and Valorant displays an error message that DX 11 Level 10.0 is required. Although Level 10.0 is already supported by my computer. I even checked weather my computer was compatible for these games, and...
  7. DirectX feature level 10 required to run the game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX feature level 10 required to run the game: I have downloaded PUBG Lite some minutes ago and Im facing with an issue: Feature level 10 is required to run the game. But DxDiagsays that:[ATTACH] It says it has feature level 10 and10_1, then why game is saying that?Please help me!...
  8. Directx 9.0c or higher?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Directx 9.0c or higher?: Hi there, I have problem with installation of the old game. In my files that i downloaded of the game. There is Autorun option that installs the game. After I type the cdkey and click yes couple of times. Its asking me to have directx 9.0 or higher. I'm trying to run it on...
  9. Directx error: 327684:1 recievied when installing Origin games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directx error: 327684:1 recievied when installing Origin games.: My motherboard died, on replacing that, I found that my 'game' hard drive had also died. I had to reinstall ALL of my games. I can download Origin games, but when i try to install them I recieve the Directx error 327684:1. This only occurs with Origin, not Uplay or Steam. My...
  10. Can't buy DirectX 11 required games, have DirectX 12 installed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't buy DirectX 11 required games, have DirectX 12 installed.: I am trying to buy some Telltale games from the MS Store, but it doesn't let me buy them as there is no green tick against the DirectX 11 requirement, even though I have DirectX 12 installed? Thanks. 70518

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fifa 07 directx 9.0 c download

2. how to solve fifa07 directx needed

3. Unable to run fifa 07 on direct x 12

4. direct x 8.1 or higher,
  5. sasy to install directx 8.1 or higher but it is already installed