Windows 10: game saves in windows 10 is associated with microsoft account or xbox live account?

Discus and support game saves in windows 10 is associated with microsoft account or xbox live account? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I would like to change my email address from my Xbox Live account, to make it mine (since I still use my father's email address, as I did not have my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/felipoca14, May 24, 2020.

1. game saves in windows 10 is associated with microsoft account or xbox live account?

I would like to change my email address from my Xbox Live account, to make it mine (since I still use my father's email address, as I did not have my own at the time) but there is a problem, I play sea of thieves and i don't know if i do that, i'll have to start another character, since i don't know which account my save is associated with, if it's the Xbox live account, or the Microsoft store, and since would i just exchange the email from Xbox live and start another Microsoft store account, I'm afraid of losing everything in the game

submitted by /u/felipoca14
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/felipoca14, May 24, 2020
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

Combining Windows 10 account with my Xbox Live account.

Hi Strahd_III,

Normally, the Xbox app will sign in the email account associated with your Windows 10 computer. This also applies to other apps on your computer. Currently, we don't have a way to merge the account associated with your Windows 10 to your old Xbox Live account
    because both are registered as different Microsoft accounts. However, you can add your old Xbox Live account on the Xbox app so that you can use it to play games. To do that, you need to sign out first the account associated with your Xbox app by performing
    the following steps below:

1. On the Xbox app, click the gamer profile.
    2. Under Info tab, click +More.
    3. Select Sign out.
    4. Once you signed out, click Sign in.
    5. Click Next.
    6. On the pop-up window, select Use a different account, then click
      Continue.
    7. From there, enter your old Xbox Live account.

Let us know if that works for you. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Ariel Acu, May 24, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown game saves in windows 10 is associated with microsoft account or xbox live account? :(

Zakin, May 24, 2020
  4. game saves in windows 10 is associated with microsoft account or xbox live account?

Adding a New Microsoft Account to a Preexisting Xbox Live Account

Hi Kingofdeath426,

The option to merge or combine two or more Microsoft accounts is currently not possible. However, you may choose to change the email address associated with your Microsoft account(Xbox Live account) by visiting this
    link. It contains
    all the steps that you need in order for you to change the current email address associated with your Xbox Live account to the new one.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Kristoffer Abs, May 24, 2020
Thema:

game saves in windows 10 is associated with microsoft account or xbox live account?

1. game saves in windows 10 is associated with microsoft account or xbox live account? - Similar Threads - game saves associated

2. Child Microsoft Windows 10 Account/Xbox Live Account/School 365 Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child Microsoft Windows 10 Account/Xbox Live Account/School 365 Account: Hi. I am new to Windows but needing to set my son up. I don't understand how I should setup his Windows 10 login? remember - total beginner at this! So, what I want to do is set my son up as a child account. Am I right in saying Microsoft recommend you log in with a...
  3. cant see the xbox live mails in microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant see the xbox live mails in microsoft account: I want to verify my epic game account with my live account. So the epic game told me to verify your email address so I checked my Microsoft mail for the mail from epic games but I couldn't find please help me...
  4. Incorrect Microsoft account associated to Windows 10 user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incorrect Microsoft account associated to Windows 10 user account: When I first built my pc and was setting up a Microsoft account I made a typo in my email address. Now that I cant verify it, it will not let me change my correct email to the primary email. ***Original title: Account typo***...
  5. Xbox Live Account Creation

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox Live Account Creation: I'm not really familiar with all the Microsoft and Xbox accounts and how they link together but I've been looking at the Xbox Game Pass for $1 that they've had up recently and went to check it out. I signed into my Microsoft account but then it told me I needed an Xbox live...
  6. How to change Microsoft account associated with Xbox profile (?)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Microsoft account associated with Xbox profile (?): How do I go about changing my Microsoft account that's currently associated with my Xbox account to a different one? I'm aware of the "aliases" thing that you can do, but that doesn't work for existing Microsoft accounts....
  7. minecraft windows 10 edition xbox live account

minecraft windows 10 edition xbox live account: I bought minecraft windows 10 edition but I can not log into my xbox live account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-windows-10-edition-xbox-live-account/fb2f925f-b874-4b78-9ed5-5232eb874a6e"
  8. Can't sign in to microsoft account on microsoft store and xbox live

Can't sign in to microsoft account on microsoft store and xbox live: For some reason when i try to log into my microsoft account on microsoft store or on xbox app, it just has an error and says that "Something went wrong, please try again later." and 0x80090010. It's not when I put in password or anything it doesn't even ask me that. I just...
  9. Deleting incorrectly associated xbox account from my windows 10 account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting incorrectly associated xbox account from my windows 10 account: My son needed to access his Xbox account and needed to use my PC to do it. So he logged in on my Windows 10 PC account. Now I can't get that xbox login out of my system. This LquidClear you are seeing is my son. Not me. How do I get rid of this?...
  10. Connect Xbox Live Account to Cortana in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Connect Xbox Live Account to Cortana in Windows 10: How to: Connect Xbox Live Account to Cortana in Windows 10 [img] Information Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your device and the version of Cortana you’re using,...