Windows 10: Game says it installed when it didn't

Discus and support Game says it installed when it didn't in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So I got the Xbox Game Pass to play Outer Worlds and I started playing it the night before. I try launching the game today and it simply doesn't, so I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by MartinAlvarez2, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Game says it installed when it didn't

So I got the Xbox Game Pass to play Outer Worlds and I started playing it the night before. I try launching the game today and it simply doesn't, so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Only when I reinstalled the bar fills up instantly and says it installed, but when I try to click on the app, it simply won't run and now when I go to the store page it says it hasn't been installed no matter how many times I click install. I even tried completely removing all the files related to it from my computer and the app is still there and won't let me launch or reinstall it. I tried this with other games and it didn't have this issue. I tried following advice such as resetting the app and store but none of this has worked so far.

:)

MartinAlvarez2, Nov 5, 2019

2. Notification didn´t appear

Windows 10 has ben released for 1 day and a half,and I didn´t get the notification for installing.I reserved it.Can anyone help me?

PS I am running Windows 7 and it´s up to date.

Megabladme, Nov 5, 2019
  3. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Nov 5, 2019
  4. Game says it installed when it didn't

My free Windows 10 update didn`t install probably.

My free Windows 10 update didn`t install probably.So I had to reinstall windows 7.Also when I Start Up the Laptop after about 30 secs, It shuts down and 3 secs later it starts up again. And then it runs fine after that. This problem only just started
    when the 10 was trying to install the first time round. I have tried to install Windows 10 again tonight and i`m asked for a product key. Also in my windows updates, it says that Windows 10 has Failed about 12 times.

MarkJHatcher, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

Game says it installed when it didn't

1. Game says it installed when it didn't - Similar Threads - Game says installed

2. Ark says it is installed, when it isn't.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ark says it is installed, when it isn't.: Recently to clear space on my main Hard drive, i uninstalled ark which is 172 GB, i decided to try to reinstall it onto my external hard drive, this is when the problems start. I left it on overnight, and when i checked in the morning, it got stuck on 21 GB, so i decided to...
  3. Ark says it is installed, when it isn't.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ark says it is installed, when it isn't.: Recently to clear space on my main Hard drive, i uninstalled ark which is 172 GB, i decided to try to reinstall it onto my external hard drive, this is when the problems start. I left it on overnight, and when i checked in the morning, it got stuck on 21 GB, so i decided to...
  4. I've bought Minecraft and it says that I didn't

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've bought Minecraft and it says that I didn't: I'm on iMac and when I join premium servers like Hypixel and Mineplex it shows this screen: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-bought-minecraft-and-it-says-that-i-didnt/ffd4db4d-f73a-41c1-8edd-fea9aafa6404
  5. I've bought Minecraft and it says that I didn't

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I've bought Minecraft and it says that I didn't: I'm on iMac and when I join premium servers like Hypixel and Mineplex it shows this screen: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-bought-minecraft-and-it-says-that-i-didnt/ffd4db4d-f73a-41c1-8edd-fea9aafa6404
  6. email saying I made a purchase when I didn't

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    email saying I made a purchase when I didn't: I made no purchase today or any day but I received this email: partial cut and paste: Microsoft Invoice Id : WIN48974984-45930 Customer Id : 112591799 EMAIL : *** Email address is removed for privacy *** this email is regarding your purchase of window defender on...
  7. When i deleted a game the space didn't free up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When i deleted a game the space didn't free up: I once had installed GTA 5 on my computer but deleted it and installed to an external hard drive.But the space on my computer did not free up,I have 49GB occupied by apps and 95GB occupied by GTA 5 but i uninstalled it.I bought the game on Steam and uninstalled it through...
  8. Microsoft Store game says it's DLing but it's not installing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store game says it's DLing but it's not installing: Hi, I'm tring to DL outer worlds and it's asking for a drive and it says it's DLing the 37 gigs AND my recently added on my start menu even lists it but it's not actually downloading/installing. My drive isn't 37 gigs smaller or anything and there's definitely no install....
  9. Xbox Game Pass game says it is installed but its not (Help)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Pass game says it is installed but its not (Help): Not sure if it makes a difference, but my PC shutdown during an install of a Xbox game pass game install. If i hit the install button, the game immediately "finishes the download" soon followed by the pop-up in the bottom right corner saying game was installed and to check...
  10. Downloaded the game, but in the store says it is and is not installed ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloaded the game, but in the store says it is and is not installed ?: [IMG] So I downloaded about 6+gb of the game and it shows installed and not installed ? So what do I have installed , goastware ? or something else ?...