Windows 10: Game screen

Discus and support Game screen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have a game on a flash drive and every time I plug it into play on windows 10 home it starts up okay until you get to the menu to play,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TinaSmith8, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Game screen

Hi everyone, I have a game on a flash drive and every time I plug it into play on windows 10 home it starts up okay until you get to the menu to play, once you click play the orientation of the game changes so it's sideways on!! does anyone know how to fix this.

Thanks

:)

TinaSmith8, Apr 25, 2020

2. full screen problem in gaming

Hello Ganesh,

It's unfortunate that you are facing issues with the display in Windows 10. We'll certainly assist you with this.

We appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Is the issue particular to that game or other games also?
    This issue could occur if the your playing a game at a different resolution than the desktop resolution.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the resolution of the game as well as the resolution with in the computer and see if you are able to play the games in full screen.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot the issues related to DirectX graphics and gaming on Windows 10.

DirectX Graphics and Gaming

Also,

Troubleshoot games

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode from Manufacturer's website, if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.
    Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Game screen

Black Screen when opening games

Hi Brendon,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to update the Graphic card driver by following the steps provided below and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

If the issue still persists, then suggest you to check with the game developers if they have released any updates for the game and install the same and check.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Game screen

1. Game screen - Similar Threads - Game screen

2. Screen Flickering when CPU gets too high and games lag randomly not always at low cpu usage.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Flickering when CPU gets too high and games lag randomly not always at low cpu usage.: It was fine until around December, I've had my PC for 2 years now without the issue. Games that I've usually played without lag started lagging or a SLIGHT framedrop only sometimes, not everytime. Then at high-ish CPU usage like around 50% it starts to flicker a bit, and as...
  3. Screen Flickering when CPU gets too high and games lag randomly not always at low cpu usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering when CPU gets too high and games lag randomly not always at low cpu usage.: It was fine until around December, I've had my PC for 2 years now without the issue. Games that I've usually played without lag started lagging or a SLIGHT framedrop only sometimes, not everytime. Then at high-ish CPU usage like around 50% it starts to flicker a bit, and as...
  4. Screen Flickering when CPU gets too high and games lag randomly not always at low cpu usage.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. When I play a game and change volume or any pop-up comes up the screen flashes black then...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I play a game and change volume or any pop-up comes up the screen flashes black then...: Having a Problem with a few certain games where if I change volume or any pop-ups appear on screen, my screen flashes once then once again when the pop-up leaves. I'm using a windows 11 Lenovo Laptop and this hasn't happened before on Version 11 on anything else before so any...
  6. When I play a game and change volume or any pop-up comes up the screen flashes black then...

When I play a game and change volume or any pop-up comes up the screen flashes black then...: Having a Problem with a few certain games where if I change volume or any pop-ups appear on screen, my screen flashes once then once again when the pop-up leaves. I'm using a windows 11 Lenovo Laptop and this hasn't happened before on Version 11 on anything else before so any...
  7. Windows 11 driver power state failure ntoskrnl.exe blue screen during games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 driver power state failure ntoskrnl.exe blue screen during games: Hello,Over the last few days I've had several blue screens with the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error message, and all dump files list the ntoskrnl.exe as the issue in BlueScreenView. It only happens during certain games, and the system reboots afterwards, but the error...
  8. Windows 11 driver power state failure ntoskrnl.exe blue screen during games

Windows 11 driver power state failure ntoskrnl.exe blue screen during games: Hello,Over the last few days I've had several blue screens with the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error message, and all dump files list the ntoskrnl.exe as the issue in BlueScreenView. It only happens during certain games, and the system reboots afterwards, but the error...
  9. Blue screens and game crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screens and game crashing: As discription says, computer is somewhat randomly crashing and blue screening less frequently.https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoUzS2qEDepegaNa81zc-gOFpd9nyw?e=me1a3xhttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AoUzS2qEDepegaRfr-gwjezFvoC9Ew?e=fjfyu5First is dump and second is MSinfo...
  10. Blue screens and game crashing

Blue screens and game crashing: As discription says, computer is somewhat randomly crashing and blue screening less frequently.https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoUzS2qEDepegaNa81zc-gOFpd9nyw?e=me1a3xhttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AoUzS2qEDepegaRfr-gwjezFvoC9Ew?e=fjfyu5First is dump and second is MSinfo...