Windows 10: Game share with family accounts on same computer

Discus and support Game share with family accounts on same computer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there a way to share without each account having to install the game again? For example, I have FS2020 installed but when my son tries to start the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pdawg17, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Game share with family accounts on same computer

Is there a way to share without each account having to install the game again? For example, I have FS2020 installed but when my son tries to start the game under his login, it wants to install the 100GB again. Steam only requires one installation. We can get around that by having him login to the Store under my login but would prefer he be able to do so from his.

submitted by /u/pdawg17
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pdawg17, Aug 23, 2020
  2. ณภัทร.jar, Aug 23, 2020
  3. Routz Win User
    Game sharing with family members

Hi,

I have just purchased Froza Horizon 4 Standard edition from Microsoft Store on Windows 10 PC. It downloaded and Installed overnight. Seems to work fine on my account/profile.

I want to share it with other Family members who have microsoft accounts and are listed as my family members. I believe this is possible with xbox play anywhere games.

Logged into one childs account, went to microsoft store, found game but it seems to want me to buy it again! Should it just say Install instead of Buy?

We dont have an xbox console. Do we need any other xbox stuff( pass, software etc.)?

Thanks for any sugestions.

Routz, Aug 23, 2020
  4. Arnie Est Win User

Game share with family accounts on same computer

family account

Hi Natasha,

About your concern, your son's account is under Family account which limits your child in downloading apps that is inappropriate for his age. To manage your family account, you may follow the steps below:

• Go to
      account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with your Microsoft account.

• Select the child whose settings you want to manage from the list of children in your Family.

• Choose what to turn on or change for your child's account:
    • Recent activity allows you to see what websites they've been visiting, what apps and games they've been using, and how much time they've been spending on their devices.
    • Web browsing lets you choose what websites your child can and can't see.
    • Apps & games allows you to limit the apps and games your child can download from the Windows Store. It also lets you unblock any app or game you’ve blocked previously.
    • Screen time allows you to set the maximum amount of time they can spend on their devices.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Arnie Est, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

Game share with family accounts on same computer

1. Game share with family accounts on same computer - Similar Threads - Game share family

2. DELETE FAMILY SHARING MICROSOFT ACCOUNT.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    DELETE FAMILY SHARING MICROSOFT ACCOUNT.: DELETE FAMILY SHARING MICROSOFT ACCOUNT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-family-sharing-microsoft-account/6cfaa671-9c73-46bb-a6dc-0ba002889acf
  3. DELETE FAMILY SHARING MICROSOFT ACCOUNT.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DELETE FAMILY SHARING MICROSOFT ACCOUNT.: DELETE FAMILY SHARING MICROSOFT ACCOUNT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-family-sharing-microsoft-account/6cfaa671-9c73-46bb-a6dc-0ba002889acf
  4. Share a game with the family

Share a game with the family: I have a family set up with Microsoft account me + my kid.I recently purchased from Microsoft Store the game Age of Empires and I want to share it also with the member of my family from MS account.How can I do that ?...
  5. Family sharing a game purchase

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Family sharing a game purchase: Here's the thingDaughter asked me to buy her Minecraft a couple of months ago from the MS Store on our family PC. She sent me a request through family sharing and I was duly relieved of £24.99.Today my son asked me to buy Minecraft. 'Ah' I said 'I bought that for your...
  6. Sharing a game with family member

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sharing a game with family member: I got bought Forza Horizon 4 and I want to let my brother play it in his own account without letting him into mine every time, is it possible? I searched on Google but I can't find a clear answer. My brother is already a family member. submitted by /u/Vaiolo00 [link]...
  7. Sharing apps family account separate computers

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Sharing apps family account separate computers: Hi, Looking for how to share apps with my children. I have bought a game Minecraft for Windows 10 from my Microsoft Account. My children have their own computers with their own microsoft accounts. Their accouts is linked to mine through Microsoft Family. I find their...
  8. Game sharing with family members

Game sharing with family members: Hi, I have just purchased Froza Horizon 4 Standard edition from Microsoft Store on Windows 10 PC. It downloaded and Installed overnight. Seems to work fine on my account/profile. I want to share it with other Family members who have microsoft accounts and are listed as my...
  9. Sharing Apps between accounts on the same computer

Sharing Apps between accounts on the same computer: Longtime Windows users but first time owner. I purchased a laptop as a family computer and created an admin account for myself and added my kids. I first installed CHROME free 3rd party and then went to the app store and downloaded MINECRAFT paid for in app store. CHROME,...
  10. Family sharing of purchased games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family sharing of purchased games: My kids love Minecraft. I purchased minecraft on my iphone and it allowed them to download it on their iPads without having to purchase it again. If I purchase Minecraft on my computer, will my kids, who are a part of my family in Microsoft, be able to download it and play...