Windows 10: Game sharing with family members

Discus and support Game sharing with family members in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I have just purchased Froza Horizon 4 Standard edition from Microsoft Store on Windows 10 PC. It downloaded and Installed overnight. Seems to work... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Routz, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Routz Win User

Game sharing with family members

Hi,

I have just purchased Froza Horizon 4 Standard edition from Microsoft Store on Windows 10 PC. It downloaded and Installed overnight. Seems to work fine on my account/profile.

I want to share it with other Family members who have microsoft accounts and are listed as my family members. I believe this is possible with xbox play anywhere games.

Logged into one childs account, went to microsoft store, found game but it seems to want me to buy it again! Should it just say Install instead of Buy?

We dont have an xbox console. Do we need any other xbox stuff pass, software etc.?

Thanks for any sugestions.

Routz

:)

Routz, Apr 2, 2020
  2. gamoses Win User

broken "family member needs to sign in"

Parental controls stopped working. Family.Microsoft.com has alert: "Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device AngLaptop2014 for family features to work.

But the "how to fix this" says

• Select Accounts > Family & other people
    • Under Your family, select your family member, then select Allow
    • Have your family member sign in with their Microsoft account if asked to
    And the steps don't apply. The account is already allowed, and there is no option to change that.

Now what???

gamoses, Apr 2, 2020
  3. Rey Cam Win User
    fingergprint log-in for family member

Hi Kristi

Through Windows Hello, you may have your family members register different accounts with their fingerprints.

Once you are signed as the family account administrator, you may follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Choose Family & other users.
    • Add people using the Your family, or Other users options. The only difference between the two is with family, you get an access to child controls, for monitoring and blocking content.

Once your child is logged into his or her own accounts, they can now set up their own
    Windows Hello log-in. Refer to the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Select Windows Hello.
    • Choose Fingerprint, then Set up.

After performing the steps, kindly share with us the result.

Rey Cam, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Vijay B Win User

Unable to add or create family member or non family member account in Windows 10 Pro

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

It’s easy to share your Windows 10 PC with family members. Add family members using "Add a family member" from your PC's Settings, and they’ll be able to use that PC as well. And you're always in control. You can allow or block them from using a PC at any time.

I would suggest you to try the steps from the following link:

Set up family features

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/set-up-family#set-up-family=windows-10

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Game sharing with family members - Similar Threads - Game sharing family

2. Family Member

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Member: I created an email for my son under my account when he was born. Now that he's 9 and started using laptop I wanted for him to login to windows using his account. The problem is that his email is linked as a secondary email in my account so it doesn't let me add as a family...
  3. Family Member

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Member: I created an email for my son under my account when he was born. Now that he's 9 and started using laptop I wanted for him to login to windows using his account. The problem is that his email is linked as a secondary email in my account so it doesn't let me add as a family...
  4. Unable to add family member for sharing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to add family member for sharing: Unable to add family member ie: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to my sharing of microsoft 365 and this message appeared when he/she try to join as a member "TraceId: qSTFN73PD0iI9iES.85.154"...
  5. Unable to add family member for sharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add family member for sharing: Unable to add family member ie: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to my sharing of microsoft 365 and this message appeared when he/she try to join as a member "TraceId: qSTFN73PD0iI9iES.85.154"...
  6. Unable to add family member for sharing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How can I share games with family group member?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I share games with family group member?: In my Windows10 PC, I bought Minecraft from Microsoft Store with my admin account, how can I share it with my kids in my family group? I searched several questions before and their solutions are no longer working....
  8. Share a game with the family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Share a game with the family: I have a family set up with Microsoft account me + my kid.I recently purchased from Microsoft Store the game Age of Empires and I want to share it also with the member of my family from MS account.How can I do that ?...
  9. Family members

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family members: I have added my wife as a family member and have received a notification that she has been added as a child. How can I correct it to an adult? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-members/88401424-5bce-403a-a5fe-c2dd9ac07f52
  10. Sharing a game with family member

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sharing a game with family member: I got bought Forza Horizon 4 and I want to let my brother play it in his own account without letting him into mine every time, is it possible? I searched on Google but I can't find a clear answer. My brother is already a family member. submitted by /u/Vaiolo00 [link]...