Windows 10: Game sound while using headset volume level is too low

Discus and support Game sound while using headset volume level is too low in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; While playing video games, using my headset, the sound is usually very low. I have to turn everything up to full volume in order to have an acceptable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lery, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Lery Win User

Game sound while using headset volume level is too low

While playing video games, using my headset, the sound is usually very low. I have to turn everything up to full volume in order to have an acceptable level of sound. Even then, I would like to be able to make it louder as needed, more than maximum. If I watch a video on YouTube or listen to music in iTunes, the sound is perfect. In those platforms, it's very loud and I usually need to keep the master volume around 40%.

External speakers are very old, but work great, Logitech X530. On those external speakers, I have the volume up to maximum, but the volume control in Windows set to about 50%. If I crank that up, it is super loud. Sounds great.

Headphones are HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset series KHX-H3CL/WR. Those plug into the sound card on my motherboard. The sound on the motherboard is your Realtek High Definition Audio.

Through Google searching, I have tried changing different settings, such as levels, enhancements, etc. etc. Nothing really does the trick.

Do I need some kind of headphone amp, or maybe a good quality sound card? It's hard to believe that because the sound is great when not playing games. Games include, PUBG, Fortnite, World of Warcraft, Overwatch. The external speakers plug into the same Realtek High Definition Audio device, and sound great. So I can't see that being the problem. I just don't know. Any help is greatly appreciated.

:)

2. low level of sound at full volume

after upgrade to windows 10 on sony vaio svf 15212 snb clear phase sound feature removed by which the volume level is low

akhand singh, Oct 24, 2018
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Game sound while using headset volume level is too low :p

cadaveca, Oct 24, 2018
  4. tobto Win User

N78: low sound level

My prob is - low sound level of caller. In headphones level is ok, on loudspeaker is ok, but when someone calls its voice almost not audible. I've made full reset, firmware latest. Is there some secret tunings of volume? The manual says 'use volume buttons'.
    Is that all?

tobto, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Game sound while using headset volume level is too low - Similar Threads - Game sound while

2. Windows 10 speaker volume too loud on low level.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 speaker volume too loud on low level.: I got a problem with my speaker driver on Windows 10. Problem is that volume of a speaker is too loud even on 1%. No matter how I adjust the sound it remains 100%, but when i use my headphones it works correctly with no problem. I tried to delete driver of Realtek letting...
  3. Windows 10 speaker volume too loud on low level.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 speaker volume too loud on low level.: I got a problem with my speaker driver on Windows 10. Problem is that volume of a speaker is too loud even on 1%. No matter how I adjust the sound it remains 100%, but when i use my headphones it works correctly with no problem. I tried to delete driver of Realtek letting...
  4. Windows 10 speaker volume too loud on low level.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluethooth headset volume too low when using communication platforms

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluethooth headset volume too low when using communication platforms: I am using a Bluetooth headset Jabra 7 Pro for online meetings in Teams, Google Meet, Zoom, etc. Recently, I noticed the volume of sound in the headset dropped very low during my meetings - despite the volume 'slider' sitting at 100%. No matter who is speaking on the other...
  6. Bluethooth headset volume too low when using communication platforms

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluethooth headset volume too low when using communication platforms: I am using a Bluetooth headset Jabra 7 Pro for online meetings in Teams, Google Meet, Zoom, etc. Recently, I noticed the volume of sound in the headset dropped very low during my meetings - despite the volume 'slider' sitting at 100%. No matter who is speaking on the other...
  7. Mic level is too low

Mic level is too low: Hi all. I got a generic (amazon) camera that has a mic built in. The video part is running fine but the mic level (sound on the other side) is not. The generic driver is up to date. The control panel | sound | recording |Microphone | Properties | level is set at 100% I...
  8. Audio too loud even if the volume level is low

Audio too loud even if the volume level is low: I used to set the level to around 60%, however now I get the same loudness from 6 - 8%. This happened suddenly when I ran Audacity. The device I am using is Logitech G633 Gaming Headset. I have so far tried several solutions from other similar questions posted here and on...
  9. Sound volume is too low.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound volume is too low.: Accidently, I labeled my speakers as headphones on the pop up window you get when an audio device is plugged in. To make maters worse, I clicked to never show me that pop up again. Since then, my sound volume is too low. It's around half of what it used to be and I can find...
  10. Volume too low

Volume too low: I was listening to some music working on some homework, and I decided to take my music working out. So I plugged my earbuds into my phone, and switched my music there on Spotify. I came back about an hour later, plugged my earbuds back into my computer, and the volume was...