Windows 10: Game Still taking up space when it was paused and cannot resume

Discus and support Game Still taking up space when it was paused and cannot resume in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I was trying to download this game ark survival evolved from the Microsoft store. While the game was installing, I turned off my pc to go to sleep.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by TrystanHN, Apr 3, 2021.

1. TrystanHN Win User

Game Still taking up space when it was paused and cannot resume

I was trying to download this game ark survival evolved from the Microsoft store. While the game was installing, I turned off my pc to go to sleep. Next day, I got on my pc to try to resume the download. It would not let me download the game and the game that was paused is still taking up space. I tried clearing the cache and it didn't work. I also installed an application to see everything that was taking up space on my computer and I saw the game but it wouldn't let me delete it. It said I needed permission from system. Btw, I cannot see the game in my regular files or in my uninstaller program.

:)

TrystanHN, Apr 3, 2021
  2. Devon68 Win User

Can't resume a Youtube video after pausing it

This happens to me almost every time I pause the video and leave it to buffer up a little. After pausing it I just cant resume it and have to refresh the page. I'm using the latest Firefox browser.
    I looked around the internet and see some people suggest it might be the adobe flash players fault.
    What do you think, and has anyone experienced something similar?

Devon68, Apr 3, 2021
  3. silverz Win User
    Windows store not resuming game downloads.

Yet more problems gaming with the windows store.....
    Does anyone know whats going on now? I can begin a game download of possibly several hundred gigabytes but if i pause the download and restart the system the download vanishes from the downloading list of the windows store.

I then have to manually search the store for the game in question and choose to download it again, at which point if I get lucky i'll remember which hard drive it was installing to and can resume otherwise the whole thing begins to download again from the start.

I now have 10 or so games halfway downloaded on the system all taking up space on the hard drive yet because I can't remember which games these were I can neither resume the download or remove the partially downloaded files. I also have several games that I tried to resume but couldn't remember which hard drive the partial download was on so these games are now installed fully on 1 drive and also have hundreds of gigabytes of the same game halfway downloaded on other drives.

(win 10 pro, all up to date)

silverz, Apr 3, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

Can't resume a Youtube video after pausing it

Maybe it's time to use Chrome? *Big Grin Game Still taking up space when it was paused and cannot resume :D Never had any issues with youtube videos

P4-630, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Game Still taking up space when it was paused and cannot resume - Similar Threads - Game Still taking

2. Video Pausing / Resuming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Pausing / Resuming: I am having an issue in my pc that when ever i try to see and video from youtube or any other site its gets in loop of pausing and resuming the video like someone has presses the pausing and resuming button...
  3. Video Pausing / Resuming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Pausing / Resuming: I am having an issue in my pc that when ever i try to see and video from youtube or any other site its gets in loop of pausing and resuming the video like someone has presses the pausing and resuming button...
  4. Deleted torrent file still taking up space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted torrent file still taking up space: I was using free download manager today in order to install a torrent file, I realized that the torrent file was way too big and the download size was way too slow, it said would take 11 weeks to install and it was installing like one KB per second. I deleted the torrent file...
  5. Cancelled download still taking up space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cancelled download still taking up space: So I started to download a game on the Xbox app but cancelled it before it could finish, the reserved space is still there, how can I clear this space? submitted by /u/zainur98 [link] [comments]...
  6. Game still taking up 50GB+ of space after deleting

Game still taking up 50GB+ of space after deleting: I started installing Sea of Thieves to my new laptop a few days ago, only to find that a massive 100GB of disk space has been taken for a game which lists only 50GB or slightly over, as required for install. The laptop is for work, however, I fancied testing out the game as...
  7. Uninstalled Game from Xbox Game Pass Still Taking Up Space

Uninstalled Game from Xbox Game Pass Still Taking Up Space: To Whom It May Concern, I am having an issue after uninstalling Halo: MCC from my Xbox Game Pass Subscription on PC. After uninstalling it no longer appears in the Xbox Store/Launcher, but my storage did not recover the space. When I go into Settings->Storage it says that...
  8. Deleted files but it's still showing as taking up space.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted files but it's still showing as taking up space.: So i linked my Google Drive with my Windows 10 ASUS Laptop. After realizing how much space it took up i ended up deleting it. I went into control panel and deleted it, emptied it from my recycle bin but it's still showing all the space being used. Under my pc i search DRIVE...
  9. Pause and resume issue while downloading games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Pause and resume issue while downloading games: I was downloading forza horizon 4 and it downloaded 50GB. Then I paused downloading. Now, when I resume downloading, it starts from the begging. Please find me a solution for this....
  10. Copy pause and resume

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy pause and resume: Is it possible to start copying a large folder to another drive, pause it, turn computer off and then resume copying where I left off when I turn computer on again. If so, how do I resume it? Thanks....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox game stuck on pause pc app cant resume downloaf just cause 4