Windows 10: Game stopped running—and is now not installable from Microsoft Store due to system requirements

Discus and support Game stopped running—and is now not installable from Microsoft Store due to system requirements in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, I have a machine that was running Minecraft for Windows 10 just fine, and then there was an error that we decided to debug by uninstalling and... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by itsmoogie, Nov 21, 2020.

1. itsmoogie Win User

Game stopped running—and is now not installable from Microsoft Store due to system requirements

Hello,

I have a machine that was running Minecraft for Windows 10 just fine, and then there was an error that we decided to debug by uninstalling and then reinstalling. However, now the Microsoft store says the system does not meet requirements for the game.

Specifically it says I’m not meeting a DirectX requirement, though from running dxdiag I know we have up to DirectX 12. I suspect this could be a graphics card problem we have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 in this computer, which after poking around seems to only support up to feature level 10_0? But i could be wrong

My questions are:

1. Am I correct in assuming we need a graphics card update? If so, why did this show up only recently, when the game was running fine before?

2. If this isn’t the problem, why else would the Microsoft Store telling me I’m not meeting system requirements?

:)

itsmoogie, Nov 21, 2020

2. Minecraft installation in Microsoft store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install Minecraft in Microsoft Store. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft antivirus program installed?
    • Does this issue occur for all games & apps from the store?
    • What is the date and time on the PC and ensure it is correct?
    • Do you get any error message or code?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install the game.

Step 1: Reset the Windows Store Cache: Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: If you have any non-Microsoft security/antivirus software installed, disable it temporarily and then try installing the game.

Step 4: If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to

create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 21, 2020
  3. 0xc000007b error while trying to run games

Hi,

One possible reason as to why you're encountering this concern is due to compatibility issues with the game and the Windows 10 PC. For us to determine the root cause, kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you download the games from the Windows Store?
    • What are the games affected?

To find out if your Windows 10 PC meets the game requirements, kindly visit this

link
    and follow the steps on how to find out if a game will work on your Windows 10 PC.

If the same issue occurs after finding out that your device meets the game requirements, kindly perform the followings steps to run the games in compatibility mode:

• Press and hold (or right-click) the program, select Properties, and then select the Compatibility tab.
    • Select the Run compatibility troubleshooter to run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter.

Catherine Cus., Nov 21, 2020
  4. EiSFX Win User

Game stopped running—and is now not installable from Microsoft Store due to system requirements

Windows Store games system requirements bypass?

Hello all i have a quick question about the Windows Store system requirements. there are a few games in the Store i know my comp can play but i can't install cuz its saying my system doesn't meet the system requirements.

I was wondering if anybody knows of a way to bypass the requirements part and make me able to install the games i would like to try? a few being Dungeon Hunter 4, Total Conquest, Despicable Me Minion Rush. it even says i can't install NESBox which is a emulator for NES, SNES, and Sega which i know my pc can deffently play

EiSFX, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Game stopped running—and is now not installable from Microsoft Store due to system requirements - Similar Threads - Game stopped running—and

2. Problem installing games from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problem installing games from Microsoft Store: Hi, I bought Age of Empires II Definitive Edition about two months ago, lost wifi connection during the last update, and was told to reinstall the game to fix the problem that had occurred. However, the game was just removed and now when I click install nothing happens, it...
  3. Can't install games from microsoft store

Can't install games from microsoft store: Hi, I've bought gamepasss to play games on my pc, but whenever I try to install anything from the microsoft store it just won't let me, I click the button and nothing happens, the xbox app just won't download, I tried restarting it, running wsreset everything... This is...
  4. Problem installing games from the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem installing games from the Microsoft Store: Hi, I bought Age of Empires II Definitive Edition about half a year ago, I lost wifi conection during the last update and I was told to reinstall the game to fix the problem that ocurred. However, the game was just deleted and now when a click on install, nothing happens,...
  5. Unable to install a game from Microsoft Store

Unable to install a game from Microsoft Store: I keep getting a message: "Try again later. Something happened on our end". It is Dirt Rally 2.0 . Surprisingly but I don’t have any problems with downloading other apps and games from the Store...
  6. Installing a game from Microsoft Store

Installing a game from Microsoft Store: Yesterday I bought and redeemed a key for the "Age of Empires 2" game. After using the code, I was redirected to Microsoft Store, where I searched for the game. It said "You own this game" and I clicked on the "Install" option. The install started and stopped after 1 second,...
  7. access to games installed from Microsoft Store

access to games installed from Microsoft Store: I have been unable to load games from Microsoft Store that I have played for months or even years. Games from elsewhere are not affected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-games-installed-from-microsoft-store/cafc7e86-8f0b-42df-a404-8559442ca8df"
  8. Installing game from Microsoft store

Installing game from Microsoft store: Hi, I just bought minecraft from the microsoft store website. When I click install on my device. It comes up with “it looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your microsoft account. To install, sigh in on a device with your microsoft account” But i’m...
  9. Can't install game from the Microsoft Store.

Can't install game from the Microsoft Store.: I was trying to install a game from the store, but it won't let me. The choice is just grayed out. I thought I just didn't have the right apps to install games. So, I went and tried another game. To my surprise, it worked. I have bought the Game Pass, and the game in question...
  10. Cannot install a game from Microsoft Store

Cannot install a game from Microsoft Store: Hello Microsoft Community, I'm very sorry to bother all of you, however, I believe there is nothing I can do now apart from asking real people for help. I've recently picked up the Xbox Game Pass via the promotion: $1 for 3 months and was very excited to play Sea of Thieves...