Windows 10: game stutter

Discus and support game stutter in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my games started to severely stutter after the October 2018 update that for me installed sometime in February of 2019. my games did not stutter before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by terrell3_330, Apr 10, 2019.

1. game stutter

my games started to severely stutter after the October 2018 update that for me installed sometime in February of 2019. my games did not stutter before the October 2018 update. I do have a bottleneck with my cpu but my cpu was not hovering around 80%-100% during game play before the October update. I also have a stuttering mouse on desktop. could it be that windows 10 damaged my cpu? please help. thank you.

Processor: AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-Core Processor, 3800 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

:)

terrell3_330, Apr 10, 2019

2. Windows 10 upgrade: Game stutter issue

Hi,

Compatibility issues is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing stutter issues when playing a game on your Windows 10 device. To help you resolve this concern, we need to gather more details. kindly verify the information below:

• Are you experiencing this issue with all of your games?
    • Are you having this issue when you are playing both online and offline games?
    • Does this issue occur on both digital and disk games?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this

link
    . This can help us resolve problems you may experience during gameplay on your Windows 10 device.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Wilfred Mac, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Mouse ticking stuttering issues when gaming

Hi Edy,

To isolate your concern regarding your mouse ticking stuttering, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when playing other games?
    • Does the issue also occur in other programs?
    Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Robelene Win, Apr 10, 2019
  4. game stutter

High end build, stuttering in every game

Hello, this is my build:

• i5-6600k
    • ASUS MAXIMUS RANGER VIII
    • MSI GTX 1060 6G
    • Samsung SSD 850 evo 250gb
    • WD Caviar Blue 1TB
    • G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 DDR4 (XMP profile)
    • Dual monitor: Zowie XL2411 144hz + BenQ GW2260 60Hz
    I get stuttering in the following titles:

• Rocket League: every time a new player join a match the game freeze, also when V-Sync is on I get random lag from 144 to 130 and then the game continue to run smoothly.
    • GTA V: random stuttering Online and fps drops, V-Sync on.
    • PUBG: random stuttering, V-Sync off.
    • Rust: stuttering when loading chunks with fps drops.
    • Ark: as Rust.
    • Total War Warhammer: random stuttering in the strategic map, V-Sync on.
    What I've done till now:

• Tried every graphic settings.
    • All kind of Windows 10 optimizations like Performance mode, Xbox game mode off, disabled unnecessary services and tasks, no antivirus (Windows Defender on only).
    • Hard drive defragmentation.
    • Nvidia control panel optimizations for every game like Thread optimization, tried several v-sync modes, etc.
    • All drivers are updated.
    • No pending Windows updates.
    • Temps are fine, GPU and CPU never go above 65C.
    • Shadowplay overlay off.
    • Playing with one monitor at once.
    • Moved games from HDD to SSD.
    • Tried different version of GPU drivers.
    • Disabled the page on the HDD and fixed its size on the SSD with the reccommended value.
    • Memtest for both RAM stick at once (8 pass each no errors).
    What I've not tried yet is to reinstall the OS... benchmarks and performance in game are ok and in line with every other user... do you have any suggestions? Could it be network related? How can I analyze the stuttering?

PS: I'm testing with Latencymon and doing some screenshot of gpu and cpu usage

djanthony93, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

game stutter

1. game stutter - Similar Threads - game stutter

2. Fps drops and Stuttering on all games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drops and Stuttering on all games: Pc specs: Ryzen 7 7800x3d RTX 4070 superMag b650 Tomahawk wifiSamsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB 32gb ram Corsair Rm850 gold plusI updated all bios and drivers. Reinstalled them as well. Did a full Windows reinstall. Temps are below 80 degrees Celsius for both CPU and GPU. Usage...
  3. Fps drops and Stuttering on all games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fps drops and Stuttering on all games: Pc specs: Ryzen 7 7800x3d RTX 4070 superMag b650 Tomahawk wifiSamsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB 32gb ram Corsair Rm850 gold plusI updated all bios and drivers. Reinstalled them as well. Did a full Windows reinstall. Temps are below 80 degrees Celsius for both CPU and GPU. Usage...
  4. Stuttering with static audio when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuttering with static audio when gaming: I've had this problem before however its been fixed by the help of someone else The steps I currently took to resolve this were:Power Plan OptionsDisabled other programs in the background that potentially hindered my performanceChanged Nitro-sense AC and power to high...
  5. Stuttering with static audio when gaming

Stuttering with static audio when gaming: I've had this problem before however its been fixed by the help of someone else The steps I currently took to resolve this were:Power Plan OptionsDisabled other programs in the background that potentially hindered my performanceChanged Nitro-sense AC and power to high...
  6. I'm stuttering in my games It wasn't always like this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm stuttering in my games It wasn't always like this: I'm not entirely sure why exactly this is happening to me again, I've looked up online and couldn't find a proper concrete solution to my exact situation.I updated my geforce experience driver, my device manager display adapters, and used the benchmark graphic when gaming...
  7. I'm stuttering in my games It wasn't always like this

I'm stuttering in my games It wasn't always like this: I'm not entirely sure why exactly this is happening to me again, I've looked up online and couldn't find a proper concrete solution to my exact situation.I updated my geforce experience driver, my device manager display adapters, and used the benchmark graphic when gaming...
  8. Pc stutters while gaming occasionally. What's causing this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc stutters while gaming occasionally. What's causing this?: Hello,I recently upgraded components in my pc. Since the upgrades I have had an occasional stutter/fps drops while gaming. I've already done a lot of troubleshooting such as checking Temps/reapplying thermal paste, using hwmoniter to watch usage and Temps of all components,...
  9. Pc stutters while gaming occasionally. What's causing this?

Pc stutters while gaming occasionally. What's causing this?: Hello,I recently upgraded components in my pc. Since the upgrades I have had an occasional stutter/fps drops while gaming. I've already done a lot of troubleshooting such as checking Temps/reapplying thermal paste, using hwmoniter to watch usage and Temps of all components,...
  10. Stuttering when gaming with a keyboard plugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuttering when gaming with a keyboard plugged: Just purchased a keyboard from a store a couple hours ago, however I've soon discovered a major problem with it after minutes into using it. When I started playing with it plugged into my laptop it was causing me to stutter, this is my first time ever encountering this issue....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. all my games stutter

2. pc stutter 2019

3. help my games are stuttering 2019

4. games stutter after 2019 update