Windows 10: Game stutters after switching from Windows 7 to 10

Discus and support Game stutters after switching from Windows 7 to 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After I switch to Windows 10 21H1 from Windows 7 and yes I did clean install the games started stuttering every few seconds!I did another clean install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by xshadowfear, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Game stutters after switching from Windows 7 to 10

After I switch to Windows 10 21H1 from Windows 7 and yes I did clean install the games started stuttering every few seconds!I did another clean install to older version 20H2 it still doesn't resolve. I've also tried to do this exact steps from this websites https://www.minitool.com/news/game-stuttering-windows-10.html but it still hasn't resolved. I've also did restart my computer, Change power plan to Ultimate performance, turn off fast startup, update the latest graphics card driver, update the latest Windows Update, turn off Intel C-State, turn off overclocking, turn off XMP, turn off

:)

xshadowfear, Jun 10, 2021

2. Windows 10 upgrade: Game stutter issue

Hi,

Compatibility issues is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing stutter issues when playing a game on your Windows 10 device. To help you resolve this concern, we need to gather more details. kindly verify the information below:

• Are you experiencing this issue with all of your games?
    • Are you having this issue when you are playing both online and offline games?
    • Does this issue occur on both digital and disk games?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this

link
    . This can help us resolve problems you may experience during gameplay on your Windows 10 device.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Wilfred Mac, Jun 10, 2021
  3. High end build, stuttering in every game

Hello, this is my build:

• i5-6600k
    • ASUS MAXIMUS RANGER VIII
    • MSI GTX 1060 6G
    • Samsung SSD 850 evo 250gb
    • WD Caviar Blue 1TB
    • G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 DDR4 (XMP profile)
    • Dual monitor: Zowie XL2411 144hz + BenQ GW2260 60Hz
    I get stuttering in the following titles:

• Rocket League: every time a new player join a match the game freeze, also when V-Sync is on I get random lag from 144 to 130 and then the game continue to run smoothly.
    • GTA V: random stuttering Online and fps drops, V-Sync on.
    • PUBG: random stuttering, V-Sync off.
    • Rust: stuttering when loading chunks with fps drops.
    • Ark: as Rust.
    • Total War Warhammer: random stuttering in the strategic map, V-Sync on.
    What I've done till now:

• Tried every graphic settings.
    • All kind of Windows 10 optimizations like Performance mode, Xbox game mode off, disabled unnecessary services and tasks, no antivirus (Windows Defender on only).
    • Hard drive defragmentation.
    • Nvidia control panel optimizations for every game like Thread optimization, tried several v-sync modes, etc.
    • All drivers are updated.
    • No pending Windows updates.
    • Temps are fine, GPU and CPU never go above 65C.
    • Shadowplay overlay off.
    • Playing with one monitor at once.
    • Moved games from HDD to SSD.
    • Tried different version of GPU drivers.
    • Disabled the page on the HDD and fixed its size on the SSD with the reccommended value.
    • Memtest for both RAM stick at once (8 pass each no errors).
    What I've not tried yet is to reinstall the OS... benchmarks and performance in game are ok and in line with every other user... do you have any suggestions? Could it be network related? How can I analyze the stuttering?

PS: I'm testing with Latencymon and doing some screenshot of gpu and cpu usage

djanthony93, Jun 10, 2021
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Game stutters after switching from Windows 7 to 10

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

Game stutters after switching from Windows 7 to 10

1. Game stutters after switching from Windows 7 to 10 - Similar Threads - Game stutters switching

2. Games stuttering after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games stuttering after windows update: After the I had updated my windows, I am now experiencing stuttering in games like World of Warships and Final Fantasy 14. My PC was not doing this before the update. I have already checked and made sure that windows, my graphics card and bios were all up to date. I also went...
  3. Games stuttering after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games stuttering after windows update: After the I had updated my windows, I am now experiencing stuttering in games like World of Warships and Final Fantasy 14. My PC was not doing this before the update. I have already checked and made sure that windows, my graphics card and bios were all up to date. I also went...
  4. Stuttering in Games - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuttering in Games - Windows 10: Stuttering in games, and bad performance. What i have tried. Changing the Settings From High to Low in games like CSGO, Valorant, League of Legends doesn't improve my fps or the stuttering. I have these random stutters during the games. On this rig my LOL fps is not going...
  5. Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 caused stuttering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 caused stuttering: Hi there, I recently upgraded my self built PC from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 pro. In doing so I now get a stuttering that stops basically everything on my computer for about half a second every two seconds. I have been working on trying to fix this for the better part of...
  6. BSoD after switching from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and a SSD

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BSoD after switching from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and a SSD: I keep getting BSoD after installing Windows 10 on a new installed SSD. Samsung Evo 840 Before I was running Windows 7 on a HDD. After getting the problems, I reinstalled Windows 10 2nd time. This time, I downloaded all drivers from Gigabyte for my Chipset, Audio, Lan,...
  7. Regarding Games major stuttering and soung lagging After windows 10 upgrade from windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding Games major stuttering and soung lagging After windows 10 upgrade from windows 7: Dell XPS L401x Intel i7 7th gen Nvidia Gefore GT 425M With latest game ready drivers installed 12 gb ram 4gb pre installed + additional 8gb stick installed Edition Windows 10 Home Version 2004 Installed on ‎11/‎2/‎2020 OS build 20246.1 Experience Windows Feature...
  8. Switching from 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching from 7 to 10: Hey guys, so I think that I'll have to switch to win10 soon. So I was wondering if there are any useful apps/software to install or some settings to change after installing it. I saw "Tips and Tricks" link at the side, but I would also like to know opinion of real people....
  9. Switching from Windows 10 to 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching from Windows 10 to 7: I am getting tired of using Windows 10 (Memory hog), and want to switch to Windows 7. The reason for the question is this laptop came pre-installed with Windows 8.1 and I hated it so when 10 became available I immediately installed it. I was wondering if it would even be able...
  10. Trouble switching to Windows 10 from Windows 7.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trouble switching to Windows 10 from Windows 7.: My original PC had Windows 7 home premium. Someone in our office installed Windows 7 Ultimate. When Microsoft offered to upgrade Windows 7 machines to windows 10 my machine wouldn't take it because the Windows 7 Ultimate wasn't authentic. Now Quickbooks isn't working properly...