Windows 10: Game Stutters with cursor as well, only in the game

Discus and support Game Stutters with cursor as well, only in the game in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I haved stuttering lately, my older pc doesn't do that at least I haven't seen it happening. Old pc: an i5 7760K with 32GB ram at 2666MHz and an SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/VirtualPoser, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Game Stutters with cursor as well, only in the game

I haved stuttering lately, my older pc doesn't do that at least I haven't seen it happening.

Old pc: an i5 7760K with 32GB ram at 2666MHz and an SSD Samsung, Radeon RTX480/8GB with windows 10 pro, that thing cost me close to 1500 euros back when I did it in 2015.

New pc: it is like 3 weeks old: NVidia RTX 3070 Asus TUF OC, Threadripper 3960x (24/48), 3600MHz RAM 64GB, PCI-E Evo 512GB with windows 10 pro. This beast cost me more than 4000 euros and that is without a new screen.

I play Aion in window mode, initially the game is as smooth as butter, I can open like 20 clients if I want and my cpu is still at 20% or less and gpu still low (RAM starts getting more than 50% at 20 clients lol,but I'll get me more). The reason I mention this is because the problem happens with 1 client on when I play the game. So it is not like I have it running on the edge.

With 1 client my cpu is at like 1%, Ram is at 2%, GPU is literally not struggling at all like 2~3% and my game starts lagging and stuttering after some time, initially it only shows in the mouse like I can see the mouse becoming invisible for a fracti0on of a second, then appear, then again invisible for a fraction of a second and then again, and this happens continuously like a 10fps movie or something, but later it starts having the game stuter as well, having dropped frames etc.

When I minimize it and do anything else windows is pretty smooth and all applications are literally butter smooth. When I have the game running in front in window mode and I move the cursor out of the game, the cursor stops stuttering at all.

I tried vsync on and off, gsync with it, I put the diagnostics down etc, it still happens here and there and it is weird. It doesn't seem to happen to my older pc which is like 10 times less powerful.

I am more than sure this has to do with something that has to do with game optimization, windows has a ton of options for supposedly making games run better which in the end might turn them useless when the game is rather old with an old engine, I could be wrong.

Edit: someone said that if my pc is open for many hours the standby cache might be full and in a new more powerful pc this can be more intense as the ram it might need is more. I'll put more RAM obviously, and I'll probably rr my pc more often until I do so. but if anyone has another thing to add please let me know

submitted by /u/VirtualPoser
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/VirtualPoser, Feb 21, 2021

2. Windows 10 upgrade: Game stutter issue

Hi,

Compatibility issues is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing stutter issues when playing a game on your Windows 10 device. To help you resolve this concern, we need to gather more details. kindly verify the information below:

• Are you experiencing this issue with all of your games?
    • Are you having this issue when you are playing both online and offline games?
    • Does this issue occur on both digital and disk games?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this

link
    . This can help us resolve problems you may experience during gameplay on your Windows 10 device.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Wilfred Mac, Feb 21, 2021
  3. games stuttering

dear support

am pc gamer and play too much games

i play games all time, suddenly i open a game and found that the camera when moving is stuttering while the fps is 50 and its not dropping.

all games like this, i though its about the windows and i make reset for my pc.

i tried the games after reset and its working normally without any stuttering.

after 2 days the games become stuttering again.

i have windows 10 pro version 1709

CPU: intel core i7-4800qm

Nvidia gtx880m

RAM:16GB

all games old or new is same issue!!

Moved thread from: Windows / Gaming on Windows 10

majedraheel, Feb 21, 2021
  4. Game Stutters with cursor as well, only in the game

High end build, stuttering in every game

Hello, this is my build:

• i5-6600k
    • ASUS MAXIMUS RANGER VIII
    • MSI GTX 1060 6G
    • Samsung SSD 850 evo 250gb
    • WD Caviar Blue 1TB
    • G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 DDR4 (XMP profile)
    • Dual monitor: Zowie XL2411 144hz + BenQ GW2260 60Hz
    I get stuttering in the following titles:

• Rocket League: every time a new player join a match the game freeze, also when V-Sync is on I get random lag from 144 to 130 and then the game continue to run smoothly.
    • GTA V: random stuttering Online and fps drops, V-Sync on.
    • PUBG: random stuttering, V-Sync off.
    • Rust: stuttering when loading chunks with fps drops.
    • Ark: as Rust.
    • Total War Warhammer: random stuttering in the strategic map, V-Sync on.
    What I've done till now:

• Tried every graphic settings.
    • All kind of Windows 10 optimizations like Performance mode, Xbox game mode off, disabled unnecessary services and tasks, no antivirus (Windows Defender on only).
    • Hard drive defragmentation.
    • Nvidia control panel optimizations for every game like Thread optimization, tried several v-sync modes, etc.
    • All drivers are updated.
    • No pending Windows updates.
    • Temps are fine, GPU and CPU never go above 65C.
    • Shadowplay overlay off.
    • Playing with one monitor at once.
    • Moved games from HDD to SSD.
    • Tried different version of GPU drivers.
    • Disabled the page on the HDD and fixed its size on the SSD with the reccommended value.
    • Memtest for both RAM stick at once (8 pass each no errors).
    What I've not tried yet is to reinstall the OS... benchmarks and performance in game are ok and in line with every other user... do you have any suggestions? Could it be network related? How can I analyze the stuttering?

PS: I'm testing with Latencymon and doing some screenshot of gpu and cpu usage

djanthony93, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

Game Stutters with cursor as well, only in the game

1. Game Stutters with cursor as well, only in the game - Similar Threads - Game Stutters cursor

2. STUTTERING ON ONLY ONE GAME

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STUTTERING ON ONLY ONE GAME: Ive asked this question already and it didnt work which is annoying so im shortening this because that wasted my time and dont know if this will go through. Basically im gonna use 2 games for examples that being roblox and rainbow six siege. So id like to think i have a good...
  3. STUTTERING ON ONLY ONE GAME

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    STUTTERING ON ONLY ONE GAME: Ive asked this question already and it didnt work which is annoying so im shortening this because that wasted my time and dont know if this will go through. Basically im gonna use 2 games for examples that being roblox and rainbow six siege. So id like to think i have a good...
  4. STUTTERING ON ONLY ONE GAME

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Game stuttering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game stuttering: I recently went to Windows 11 and started having game stutters. I tried everything to fix it, then reverted back to Windows 10. I still have game fps stutter issues. I lowered my graphic settings, checked for updates and everything and it still stutters a lot. Please help....
  6. Game stuttering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game stuttering: I recently went to Windows 11 and started having game stutters. I tried everything to fix it, then reverted back to Windows 10. I still have game fps stutter issues. I lowered my graphic settings, checked for updates and everything and it still stutters a lot. Please help....
  7. Video lags/stutters in web browser as well as Games

Video lags/stutters in web browser as well as Games: Hi, After the recent update, Graphics on my HP Pavilion Gaming I7-9750H GTX 1650 are lagging on Apps, Chrome, Edge, Movies, etc. Moreover, the trackpad is also stuttering/ lagging. Windows Version is 21H1. Please assist.Regards Abhinav...
  8. Game frames and audio in game stutter

Game frames and audio in game stutter: Recently did a fresh reset of windows several times and once from my recovery usb now my games audio will stutter which causes the games frames to stutter. This is not a hardware issue as the games themself don't consume much resources. Neither is this a driver version issue....
  9. Game is Stuttering

Game is Stuttering: I play Roblox everyday. My computer is bad, but I upgraded my ram. I have tried lots of optimization and I run the game in high priority. But still I get some stutters every 10 seconds or so. Please help. System Specs- i3 Processor 8GB RAM Intel Graphics 4600 500 GB HDD...
  10. game stutter

game stutter: my games started to severely stutter after the October 2018 update that for me installed sometime in February of 2019. my games did not stutter before the October 2018 update. I do have a bottleneck with my cpu but my cpu was not hovering around 80%-100% during game play...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 11 stutter with vsync and mouse in game