Windows 10: Game tabs freeze when I open them

Discus and support Game tabs freeze when I open them in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Certain games Halo Infinite, Horizon Zero Dawn, and BF2024 on occasion open fine, and even run fine except for the fact that whenever I open their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Brett Klenklen, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Game tabs freeze when I open them

Certain games Halo Infinite, Horizon Zero Dawn, and BF2024 on occasion open fine, and even run fine except for the fact that whenever I open their specific windows they freeze, I can see them running at decent frames when they're in the background of, say, discord or while alt-tabbing but when I actually open them, the game just freezes up entirely. Wondering if this is something to do with my system or if I just need a spec upgrade, namely my gpu 1050 ti, 4gb

:)

Brett Klenklen, Nov 27, 2021

2. Games cause the computer to freeze seconds after opening them for Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the troubleshooting steps that you have performed.

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with the result of the issue and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Nov 27, 2021
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    Marby Rey, Nov 27, 2021
  4. Game tabs freeze when I open them

Loraine Mon, Nov 27, 2021
Thema:

Game tabs freeze when I open them

1. Game tabs freeze when I open them - Similar Threads - Game tabs freeze

2. Windows 11 'Freeze' When Alt-Tabbing From Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 'Freeze' When Alt-Tabbing From Game: Hey everyone,I built a new PC about a month ago and just started running into an issue. I was playing a game in this case, Valorant and I went to alt-tab and as I tried to load my browser, my system 'froze.' I could still hear all the audio of the game, I could hear my...
  3. Windows 11 'Freeze' When Alt-Tabbing From Game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 'Freeze' When Alt-Tabbing From Game: Hey everyone,I built a new PC about a month ago and just started running into an issue. I was playing a game in this case, Valorant and I went to alt-tab and as I tried to load my browser, my system 'froze.' I could still hear all the audio of the game, I could hear my...
  4. Xbox Game Bar freezing when opening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar freezing when opening.: Recently my Xbox Game Bar app has started freezing when I open it either in game or just on my desktop. It opens for about 30 seconds and in that time I can't navigate it or even close it. It closes by itself after about 30 seconds. I've tried the repair and reset options but...
  5. Xbox Game Bar freezing when opening.

Xbox Game Bar freezing when opening.: Recently my Xbox Game Bar app has started freezing when I open it either in game or just on my desktop. It opens for about 30 seconds and in that time I can't navigate it or even close it. It closes by itself after about 30 seconds. I've tried the repair and reset options but...
  6. Microsoft made games on pc keep freezing when I click in on them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft made games on pc keep freezing when I click in on them.: For some reason whenever I open a Microsoft game like Sea of Thieves or Halo Infinite the game freezes whenever I click in on it. I can not find any information on this issue and I have already tried all of the basic fixes. I am out of options other than calling Microsoft but...
  7. Microsoft made games on pc keep freezing when I click in on them.

Microsoft made games on pc keep freezing when I click in on them.: For some reason whenever I open a Microsoft game like Sea of Thieves or Halo Infinite the game freezes whenever I click in on it. I can not find any information on this issue and I have already tried all of the basic fixes. I am out of options other than calling Microsoft but...
  8. Game tabs freeze when I open them

Game tabs freeze when I open them: Certain games Halo Infinite, Horizon Zero Dawn, and BF2024 on occasion open fine, and even run fine except for the fact that whenever I open their specific windows they freeze, I can see them running at decent frames when they're in the background of, say, discord or while...
  9. Windows System Setting Tab freezing when opened.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows System Setting Tab freezing when opened.: When I open the System tab in Settings, it completely freezes. No crashing, just freezing. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-system-setting-tab-freezing-when-opened/61a5fdb2-b4d3-41a8-b899-f5a20aedf266
  10. Tabs disappear when i hover over them

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tabs disappear when i hover over them: When i move my mouse or use the touchpad and move the cursor over a window like powerpoint it immideatly shrinks. To work around this i have to make sure that only the application i want to use is open and i cant have multiple ones open at the same time. How do i fix this?...