Windows 10: Game wont start

Discus and support Game wont start in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When i try to start Ark: Survival Evolved Windows 10 app version it doesent even start. Right when i click on the icon it instantly closes. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by mikwbm, Sep 5, 2020.

1. mikwbm Win User

Game wont start

When i try to start Ark: Survival Evolved Windows 10 app version it doesent even start. Right when i click on the icon it instantly closes. I have tried all the fixes for it, it just doesent want to work. i have tried restarting PC, reinstalling game, troubleshooted the app, disableling all my antivirus, fixing DCOM errors, Drivers up to date, good internet connectivity, and i meet system requirments.

:)

mikwbm, Sep 5, 2020

2. Game crashes, wont start...

Hello Aurelio,

I understand that you have trouble in playing Left 4 Dead 2.

Please answer the below questions:

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Do you get any error message after the game automatically closes?
    • Were you able to play the game before? Or since you installed the game, you have this issue?

I request you to try the methods below:

Method 1:

I request you to place the computer in Clean boot and check if it helps.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows.
    You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

Follow the link to place your computer in Clean boot:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: To start the computer in normal mode refer the section,
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the link above.

Method 2:

I understand that the graphics of the game is fine as you mentioned, but still I would request you to try uninstalling and reinstalling the Graphics Card Drivers and check if that makes any difference.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on the Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

You may also try reinstalling the game.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Sep 5, 2020
  3. niko084 Win User
    Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Game wont start

Game F1 2015 on Steam Wont start

Hello,

Please answer the questions below:

• What exactly happens when you try to launch the game?
    • DO you see any error message?
    • Did you make any recent changes prior to this issue?

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on the Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Game wont start

1. Game wont start - Similar Threads - Game wont start

2. games wont start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    games wont start: so i had the gamepass for a while but i decided to play farming simulator 22 and for some reson i installed and all but when i press play nothing happens,also its the same for skyrim too...
  3. games wont start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    games wont start: so i had the gamepass for a while but i decided to play farming simulator 22 and for some reson i installed and all but when i press play nothing happens,also its the same for skyrim too...
  4. game wont start up on certain users please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game wont start up on certain users please help: hi I am trying to play a game on my pc but for some reason it will not load. Its only the one game that will not work, when I attempt to start it up it closes immediately. I have done checks and the game files are all ok. This is the second time this has happened. If I create...
  5. game wont start up on certain users please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    game wont start up on certain users please help: hi I am trying to play a game on my pc but for some reason it will not load. Its only the one game that will not work, when I attempt to start it up it closes immediately. I have done checks and the game files are all ok. This is the second time this has happened. If I create...
  6. XBOX Game bar wont start

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    XBOX Game bar wont start: So yesterday I just upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10 2004. Everything seems to be running as it should, minus the common bugs, but this one hit me. I pressed win+g for game bar, spinning wheel appears on mouse, and then nothing. I thought it might be i was not signed...
  7. Xbox Game Downloaded on PC wont start up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Downloaded on PC wont start up.: It wont let me Terminate my installed game "Ark Survival evolved" because when I try to start it up, it brings me to a picture of the game where it try's to boot up the game, and then the picture disappears like a second later... I don't know how to fix that, I'm guessing one...
  8. Camera wont start

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera wont start: Hello, my Camera does not work.. after i update it to Windows 10, this is what happens.. attached you find the screenshots of my problem. Hope to have a response soon. Thank you![ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  9. Some of my games wont start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some of my games wont start: More exactly ye olde BF3 and the new assassins creed When i click the exe the games appear in the task manager for a little while... under background processes... then just disappear. I know this could be 50 different things but i really dont know what to do. The games dont...
  10. Wont start

in Windows 10 Support
    Wont start: I scheduled a task in scheduler and now it just won't boot up is there any way I can get it to stop. I can't even remember what task it was. But I thought maybe isn't there a way to like edit the registry offline through parted magic while its offline to stop whatever it is?...