Windows 10: Game works on one windows account but not the other

Discus and support Game works on one windows account but not the other in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As the title says, a game I have on origin will work not work on my main windows account, but if I switch to a guest it then starts working. Any ideas?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BradyYoung12345, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Game works on one windows account but not the other

As the title says, a game I have on origin will work not work on my main windows account, but if I switch to a guest it then starts working. Any ideas?

:)

BradyYoung12345, Mar 20, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Mar 20, 2021
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Game works on one windows account but not the other :(

Zakin, Mar 20, 2021
  4. Game works on one windows account but not the other

pc gaming HELLO

Hi Robert,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• Sign out your account from the game.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps by clicking this
      link
    • Sign in your account and check it.

If the steps above do not work, we recommend getting in touch with the game developer to get the missing item you’ve purchased. Click this
    link to contact the game developer.

Keep us posted.

Wilfred Mac, Mar 20, 2021
Thema:

Game works on one windows account but not the other

1. Game works on one windows account but not the other - Similar Threads - Game works account

2. Game crashing on one user profile and not others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game crashing on one user profile and not others: Hello. The video game Prey 2017, when played on my primary user profile, often crashes to desktop and gives DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG or DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_RESET as errors. I tried creating a new user profile, and the game works without crashing when playing it on that user...
  3. Game crashing on one user profile and not others

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game crashing on one user profile and not others: Hello. The video game Prey 2017, when played on my primary user profile, often crashes to desktop and gives DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG or DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_RESET as errors. I tried creating a new user profile, and the game works without crashing when playing it on that user...
  4. One monitor works the other doesn't

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    One monitor works the other doesn't: Hello everyone, thanks for reading and helping in advance. Yesterday I switched an old psu for the current one, which somehow caused the old monitor, 24" let's go with 24" coz i forgot the brand not to give display. At first I thought I have not fully slotted in the rx550 but...
  5. Game for windows live, working on one machine but not the other :S

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game for windows live, working on one machine but not the other :S: Hello people I have two computers, an old laptop and a new desktop, both running windows 10. Battlestations Pacific is the game that i am trying to run on the new one. On the old computer it runs perfectly fine since 2018 without any issues from the 'games for windows...
  6. Windows Defender Security Center does not work on one Windows account, but works on the other.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Security Center does not work on one Windows account, but works on the other.: Hello There! I've recently been having issues with Windows Defender. After fixing problem after problem, I have finally decided to ask for yourfinancial support help. Problem is that Windows Defender Security Center does not open on my main Windows account [The one I...
  7. Windows Defender Security Center does not work on one Windows account, but works on the other.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Security Center does not work on one Windows account, but works on the other.: Hello There! I've recently been having issues with Windows Defender. After fixing problem after problem, I have finally decided to ask for yourfinancial support help. Problem is that Windows Defender Security Center does not open on my main Windows account [The one I...
  8. Program will run in one account but not the other

Program will run in one account but not the other: I have a program called Cut List that when I click on the icon it will ask me if I want this program to makes changes to my computer. When I say yes a small blue circle appears for a few seconds then goes away but the program never starts. However, if I go to a second...
  9. Administrator account works, other one has problems

Administrator account works, other one has problems: I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 in summer. Have had many problems. Now the major one is: Windows 10 works fine in administrator account, but in the other user account I primarily use, most of the apps don't work (including store --Cortana and Edge are about the only ones that...
  10. Win 10 File Explorer: Works on one account but not the other

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 File Explorer: Works on one account but not the other: Hi all, This probably isn't specific to Windows 10, but it just started happening after upgrading to 10 yesterday. The basics: - Two accounts on system, both administrator level. - Everything worked fine on both immediately after install/upgrade. - At some point on...