Windows 10: Game works only on Local account

Discus and support Game works only on Local account in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently found out that the game fallout76 only worked when i made a local account in my pc I mainly use my Microsoft account can anyone help try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ExAnimo, Nov 8, 2018.

1. ExAnimo Win User

Game works only on Local account

I recently found out that the game fallout76 only worked when i made a local account in my pc

I mainly use my Microsoft account can anyone help try to fix this and make it launch on the microsoft account

Thank you!

:)

ExAnimo, Nov 8, 2018

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Nov 8, 2018
  3. New Local Account Not Working In Windows 10

Hi Scott,

This issue could have happened due to corrupted profile on your Windows 10. We suggest that you delete the non-working profile on your PC and try to register it again.

To delete your non-working account, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the *Start menu**. It's the Windows logo in the bottom left of your screen.

• Click on Settings.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Family & other users.

• Click on the account you wish to remove.

• Click on the remove button.

• Click on the Delete account and data button.

We also suggest that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Game works only on Local account - Similar Threads - Game works Local

2. Hyper-V issue with Enhanced Session - Working only on Local Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V issue with Enhanced Session - Working only on Local Account: I have installed a W11 machine. I have 2 users: local administrator - microsoft account administrator rightsIf I select Enhanced Session only the Local Administrator is able to logon on. I do not have a logon screen where I can select the userIf I disable it I get into the...
  3. Game crashes on main account administrator but works on new local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game crashes on main account administrator but works on new local account: Hi,So I've been playing a game Skyrim, no mods for a while now but I have this weird issue that has never been solved. So here's the situation:- Once I hit play the game begins running on window mode. Once I hit start a new game, along with the sound effect confirming the...
  4. Game crashes on main account administrator but works on new local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game crashes on main account administrator but works on new local account: Hi,So I've been playing a game Skyrim, no mods for a while now but I have this weird issue that has never been solved. So here's the situation:- Once I hit play the game begins running on window mode. Once I hit start a new game, along with the sound effect confirming the...
  5. Remote Desktop: Only local account works?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop: Only local account works?: Hello Microsoft Community,I recently tried to use remote desktop to access my home computer from my work laptop. My work computer is in a build of Windows 10 while my home laptop is running Windows 11. However, I was unable to connect because it kept telling me that my...
  6. Remote Desktop: Only local account works?

Remote Desktop: Only local account works?: Hello Microsoft Community,I recently tried to use remote desktop to access my home computer from my work laptop. My work computer is in a build of Windows 10 while my home laptop is running Windows 11. However, I was unable to connect because it kept telling me that my...
  7. Windows 11 with local account only?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 with local account only?: I Just spent the morning in Windows 11 password hell where the machine required me to create an unwanted "Hello PIN" then required me to use a Microsoft account to log into my local machine. I don't want that AT ALL I don't want to use an email address , data from this...
  8. Windows 11 with local account only?

Windows 11 with local account only?: I Just spent the morning in Windows 11 password hell where the machine required me to create an unwanted "Hello PIN" then required me to use a Microsoft account to log into my local machine. I don't want that AT ALL I don't want to use an email address , data from this...
  9. I can make autologon work only with a local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can make autologon work only with a local account: How to get Autologon to work - in Windows 10 Ver. 1903, with a Microsoft Account? I can make autologon work with a local account. but not with a MS account; is it even possible? If so, how? Auto;ogon
  10. Using MS account on a local account for games..

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Using MS account on a local account for games..: I have a laptop and there are two users created......one (A) with admin status and a MS account. The other is (B) with a local account credentials. B has no MS account. Can I install games from Windows store on B's login account using my MS account? ...and perhaps some...