Windows 10: Gamebar automatically shuts off my microphone (for the capture thing), so I can never hear...

Discus and support Gamebar automatically shuts off my microphone (for the capture thing), so I can never hear... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Title. submitted by /u/SushiGamingIsOk [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SushiGamingIsOk, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Gamebar automatically shuts off my microphone (for the capture thing), so I can never hear...

/u/SushiGamingIsOk, Sep 27, 2020

2. Recording the last 30 seconds of gameplay in the gamebar doesn't automatically enable to microphone?

I have all the settings that I can see enabled within the gamebar and windows dvr capture settings to allow the microphone to be on by default, yet for some reason if I want the last 30 seconds captured to contain my voice, I have to open up the gamebar
    and unmute myself every time after I record a clip or tab in or out of the game. How can I keep my microphone enabled no matter what?

c8b36ac1-cf04-4137-8740-32dcc844824f, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Restore Default Gamebar Capture location

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to restore the default location for GameBar Captures, I’ll help you with the steps to do this.

Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming and select
      Captures
      from the left pane.
    3. Click on Open folder to open the current capture folder.
    4. Now, right click on an empty space in the folder and select
      Properties.
    5. Click on Location tab, and select
      Restore Default.
    6. Click on OK and select Yes (Twice) to confirm the change.

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Gamebar automatically shuts off my microphone (for the capture thing), so I can never hear...

Recording the last 30 seconds of gameplay in the gamebar doesn't automatically enable my microphone?

I have all the settings that I can see enabled within the gamebar and windows dvr capture settings to allow the microphone to be on by default, yet for some reason if I want the last 30 seconds captured to contain
    my voice, I have to open up the gamebar and unmute myself every time after I record a clip or tab in or out of the game. How can I keep my microphone enabled no matter what?

Apocalatypus, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Gamebar automatically shuts off my microphone (for the capture thing), so I can never hear...

1. Gamebar automatically shuts off my microphone (for the capture thing), so I can never hear... - Similar Threads - Gamebar automatically shuts

2. The microphone is not working. But I can hear the sound.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The microphone is not working. But I can hear the sound.: So after I recently rebooted my computer, my microphone is now not working. The microphone works on the other 2 computers and on my phone. I have searched the internet and made all the ideas to try to solve this problem to no avail. Please help.Thanks in advance....
  3. Xbox gamebar capture

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox gamebar capture: Hey I recently started using the screen capture feature on my laptop for gameplay. But I'm seeing that some don't record all the way, they record audio but have a black screen on them. Is there any way that I can save that file from having a black screen and also prevent it...
  4. I accidentally shut off my windows key. (Xbox Gamebar)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I accidentally shut off my windows key. (Xbox Gamebar): On Xbox Game bar I think there is a feature to have "Game Mode" Always on, in game, or off. I chose always on, and ticked three boxes to disable the windows key, alt f4, and and tab while in game mode. I can't seem to find the option to re-enable them again, and now those 3...
  5. Gamebar capture not recording audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gamebar capture not recording audio: Gamebar recording isn't capturing audio. How can I fix it? Is it a problem that Gamebar won't let me change the Mix from Monitor to Headphones? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gamebar-capture-not-recording-audio/e9ca356a-ee66-465f-ba3a-2dbccbf1f1ed
  6. Xbox Gamebar automatically turns off.

Xbox Gamebar automatically turns off.: Last year, I used a third party app to remove all xbox apps since I didnt need them. I now know that was a mistake. I have tried everything I could find online to get them back. Is there anyway I can get the xbox services back without resetting windows? Here is what happens...
  7. Can't specify my Captures folder for GameBar

Can't specify my Captures folder for GameBar: [ATTACH] I had to reinstall Windows 10 about a week ago for unrelated reasons, but I had moved my Captures folder to my gaming SSD (F:\). When I reinstalled, I moved the empty captures folder in the default location to the current location. However, GameBar now saves to my...
  8. Change name of GameBar Captures.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change name of GameBar Captures.: Title says it all, I'm trying to find a way to change the name given to recordings and game clips when using GameBar. So, for example, instead of {game} - {timestamp}, I can change it to just {timestamp}....
  9. Microsoft gamebar: Microphone defaults off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft gamebar: Microphone defaults off: When I tell gamebar to start recording, with the default record keybind of "Win+Alt+R" or my own, the microphone is set to off. Checking the settings, Start>Settings>Gaming>Captures, the check of "Turn mic on by default when I record" is either on, due to being recently...
  10. Only Windows can hear my microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Only Windows can hear my microphone: I started having an issue about two weeks ago where Windows registers and displays microphones correctly, but then seems to "eat" the input from them so that no other programs pick anything up. If I plug a microphone in and go to sound settings, I can see the input meter rise...