Windows 10: Gamebar capture not recording audio

Discus and support Gamebar capture not recording audio in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Gamebar recording isn't capturing audio. How can I fix it? Is it a problem that Gamebar won't let me change the Mix from Monitor to Headphones?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Gavin.Williams, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Gamebar capture not recording audio

Gamebar recording isn't capturing audio. How can I fix it?

Is it a problem that Gamebar won't let me change the Mix from Monitor to Headphones?

:)

Gavin.Williams, Jun 2, 2020

2. distorted audio in medium and longer recordings of games with XboxDVR \ Gamebar

Think you for such a timely response, however the instruction you give are for disabling and disable the Gamebar and the ability to record with it. As stated, I want to use it for recording. It has the best recording features that i have found so far. (records
    game audio not system audio so that it does not capture other sounds including discord voice chat, the ability to use the xbox button on the game pad to record, save the last [set time] if i was not recording, and take screenshots). I only wish to fix the
    audio issue.

IsJustaGhost, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Gamebar capture not recording audio

Restore Default Gamebar Capture location

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to restore the default location for GameBar Captures, I’ll help you with the steps to do this.

Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming and select
      Captures
      from the left pane.
    3. Click on Open folder to open the current capture folder.
    4. Now, right click on an empty space in the folder and select
      Properties.
    5. Click on Location tab, and select
      Restore Default.
    6. Click on OK and select Yes (Twice) to confirm the change.

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Gamebar capture not recording audio

1. Gamebar capture not recording audio - Similar Threads - Gamebar capture recording

2. Audio recorder is not capturing the audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio recorder is not capturing the audio: Greetings,My Audio recorder is not capturing the audio since the windows 11 update.Kindly help me to fix this. As i need this feature for my OBS studio.Thank You....
  3. Audio recorder is not capturing the audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio recorder is not capturing the audio: Greetings,My Audio recorder is not capturing the audio since the windows 11 update.Kindly help me to fix this. As i need this feature for my OBS studio.Thank You....
  4. Xbox Gamebar recording AUDIO DELAY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Gamebar recording AUDIO DELAY: So I've been trying to record game clips on pc , But I've ran in a slight issue where the audio was early. Like the audio and the clip were not in sync. How do I fix this problem?...
  5. Xbox Gamebar recording AUDIO DELAY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Gamebar recording AUDIO DELAY: So I've been trying to record game clips on pc , But I've ran in a slight issue where the audio was early. Like the audio and the clip were not in sync. How do I fix this problem?...
  6. Xbox gamebar capture

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox gamebar capture: Hey I recently started using the screen capture feature on my laptop for gameplay. But I'm seeing that some don't record all the way, they record audio but have a black screen on them. Is there any way that I can save that file from having a black screen and also prevent it...
  7. Recording issue in GameBar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recording issue in GameBar: Everytime I try to record a game the gambar only records for about 2 seconds and then it stops recording without my knowledge. How do i fix this? ***Original Title: Game bar***...
  8. Choppy Audio in Gamebar Recordings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Choppy Audio in Gamebar Recordings: Hi, I've seen a previous post on this topic here Choppy audio in videos recorded through Game bar - Microsoft Community but the response was pretty much a non-answer because the Mod basically told the guy to just reboot everything and check the settings. This is why I'm...
  9. Audio From Screen Record Captures

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio From Screen Record Captures: When I listen to audio through my headphones it sounds fine, but whenever I screen record anything through the windows game bar screen recorder the audio comes out crackly in the video, this happens when i record from the internal speakers as well...
  10. Gamebar recording / playback

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gamebar recording / playback: Hi. Can anyone help with my kids pc. He uses gamebar to capture clips of his games. And the last week or so hes not been able to play them back. Just gets a pop up saying format not supported. Im not sure if they are even recoding but the timer is moving . Thanks...