Windows 10: Gamebar / DVR suddenly changed "behavior"

Discus and support Gamebar / DVR suddenly changed "behavior" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello I dont know why today, my gamebar/DVR recording video with the file size is 10 times larger than before. A video I recorded before was only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tylê, Jan 14, 2020.

1. tylê Win User

Gamebar / DVR suddenly changed "behavior"

Hello

I dont know why today, my gamebar/DVR recording video with the file size is 10 times larger than before. A video I recorded before was only 50MB in size, now it's 500MB, oh my god @@

I checked and found that the previous video's bitrate was ~ 1.5k, now 19k. I dont know why but, there may have been some effects in the last few days the settings of the gamebar have not changed, stardant with 60fps. Detail.

+ A ~ 4m video recorded on January 10 is ~ 50MB, bitrate with ~1.5k.

+ I checked that the xbox gamebar plugin was updated on 11/1.

+ I upgraded to gtx 1060 from the old gtx 750Ti yesterday, January 13. setting global performance completely for this card, that is, all applications will use its power.

+ Today, January 14, I recorded the video again, the size is 500MB, bitrate jump to 19k.

+ I have set the app which I use to record with the gamebar, and gamebar too to use only the onboard card intel hd 4600 and record one more time. However, the size is still 500MB.

Any suggestions? and thanks for reading.

:)

tylê, Jan 14, 2020

2. Gamebar process problem

Hi,

The Gamebar Presence Writer is automatically enabled on your computer if you opened the Game bar and play a game. This process allows you to record video clips from your games.

If you are playing a game and you want to disable the Gamebar Presence Writer, follow the steps below:

• Click Start, and then type Task Manager in the search box.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, look for Gamebar Presence Writer, and then press the
      End task button.

To disable Game bar, here are the steps:

• Launch Xbox app, and then go to Settings
      Gamebar / DVR suddenly changed "behavior" 3fdfc27e-d4eb-432c-a21e-4c317ca12d6d.jpg
    • Click Game DVR.
    • Turn off Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR.

If you have further queries, feel free to contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Gamebar process problem

Yeah, Like many people here have commented I have disabled everything in relation to Windows Game mode, gamedvr and gamebar in the settings menu. When that failed to fix the issue, I disabled everything in the registry in relation to game mode, gamedvr and
    gamebar. That stupid gamebar presence process was still there. Then I used powershell to remove the xbox app. Still there. It only started doing this today. Please get rid of this crap and give me back control over what runs on my own computer.

Thanks.

GingerMonkey_891, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Gamebar / DVR suddenly changed "behavior"

Gamebar process problem

This **** runs in the background even if you uninstall Xbox app and have everything turned off it's a consistent pain in the ass that I have to kill the process every time I'm gaming because it eats my framerate when I've never used it or want to use it.

DavidSischo, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Gamebar / DVR suddenly changed "behavior"

1. Gamebar / DVR suddenly changed "behavior" - Similar Threads - Gamebar DVR suddenly

2. Changing Taskbar search behavior

in Cortana
    Changing Taskbar search behavior: I want to be able to just click, and type.as now I have to click it and pop open a window before I can search https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-taskbar-search-behavior/d3c50f79-ee49-4ffe-8a4c-86a91c45ec52
  3. Xbox Gamebar Suddenly Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Gamebar Suddenly Stopped Working: A week or so ago, The Xbox Gamebar application stopped responding to the same hotkeys I used to open the overlay and record videos or capture the last 30 seconds of gameplay. It was working normally until I turned my PC on one day and it did not respond to any keybinds. I...
  4. Changing The DVR location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing The DVR location: Hello everyone, by mistake i changed the game dvr location to a very wrong place. Can anyone tell me how to revert this?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-the-dvr-location/999aa1a9-067e-47f9-ba64-cb0dcce44368
  5. Changing cursor behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing cursor behavior: Does someone have any ideas how to make windows to move cursor to end of line with down arrow if no lines are below, like in macOS? Without using another shortcuts or buttons. submitted by /u/Windows-1251 [link] [comments]...
  6. GameBar Game DVR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GameBar Game DVR: [IMG]Why Does this keep happening whenever I open Gamebar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gamebar-game-dvr/569ea1a2-06f1-4954-a588-8436d63a5205
  7. Explorer has changed behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer has changed behavior: Hi. All of a sudden, explorer has begun to expand all drive contents in the left side bar when navigating my hard drives. This is not a behavior I want, and it has never happened before. Does anyone know how to fix it? Windows 10 1909. Thanks for any help. EDIT: Out of...
  8. Change name of GameBar Captures.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change name of GameBar Captures.: Title says it all, I'm trying to find a way to change the name given to recordings and game clips when using GameBar. So, for example, instead of {game} - {timestamp}, I can change it to just {timestamp}....
  9. Windows Game DVR Location Change?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Game DVR Location Change?: Hello, I am currently using the built in Windows Game DVR, and I want to change the default save location. I have read other threads, but they don't help me at all. I do not have an account with Xbox and I don't plan on getting one. Is there anyway I can do this? I would...
  10. Sudden Copy/Paste Folders in File Explorer Behavior Change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden Copy/Paste Folders in File Explorer Behavior Change: File Explorer used to give me the option to either overwrite or skip existing files when copying a folder from one drive to another to replace a same name folder on the target drive. Today, that option dialog disappeared and the copy-paste process resulted in the automatic...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox game bar bitrate broken