Windows 10: GameBar Presence Writer.exe + GamingServices? Why can't I get rid of it?

Discus and support GameBar Presence Writer.exe + GamingServices? Why can't I get rid of it? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. Sorry in advance for being a bit hotheaded. Why is it that Windows 10 Microsoft is forcing these services down my throat when they have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by wBoop, Mar 3, 2020.

1. wBoop Win User

GameBar Presence Writer.exe + GamingServices? Why can't I get rid of it?

Hello.

Sorry in advance for being a bit hotheaded.

Why is it that Windows 10 Microsoft is forcing these services down my throat when they have absolutely no reason to be running?

W

GameBar Presence Writer.exe + GamingServices? Why can't I get rid of it? 037f7b66-4efe-4d81-8635-5d8f52773bac?upload=true.png GameBar Presence Writer.exe + GamingServices? Why can't I get rid of it? 78435ad6-3757-44ce-9f17-4e2203b5c3f4?upload=true.png

They have absolutely no reason to be running.

The GameBar Presence Writer causes my games to have Microstutters - My only fix is to manually close down the service everytime I start a game. If Im playing games like League of Legends that means me shutting it down before each individual game, cause it starts by itself.

The other one GamingServices and GamingServicesNet show up under Service Stub. These two are impossible to close as they just keep re-opening themselves.

Yes! I have tried disabling them in services.msc they are greyed out. Yes I have tried going into Regedit. Yes I have disabled all Xbox/Gamebar settings in Windows and uninstalled what I could.

No - None of these services are vital for the games to run

:)

wBoop, Mar 3, 2020

2. Gamebar process problem

That gamebar presence writer service run in game background even with xbox app uninstalled, everything disabled and every reg key switched to disabled. Any suggestions how to get rid of that horsecrap?

martakakis, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Gamebar process problem

Yeah, Like many people here have commented I have disabled everything in relation to Windows Game mode, gamedvr and gamebar in the settings menu. When that failed to fix the issue, I disabled everything in the registry in relation to game mode, gamedvr and
    gamebar. That stupid gamebar presence process was still there. Then I used powershell to remove the xbox app. Still there. It only started doing this today. Please get rid of this crap and give me back control over what runs on my own computer.

Thanks.

GingerMonkey_891, Mar 3, 2020
  4. GameBar Presence Writer.exe + GamingServices? Why can't I get rid of it?

Gamebar process problem

Hi,

The Gamebar Presence Writer is automatically enabled on your computer if you opened the Game bar and play a game. This process allows you to record video clips from your games.

If you are playing a game and you want to disable the Gamebar Presence Writer, follow the steps below:

• Click Start, and then type Task Manager in the search box.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, look for Gamebar Presence Writer, and then press the
      End task button.

To disable Game bar, here are the steps:

• Launch Xbox app, and then go to Settings
      GameBar Presence Writer.exe + GamingServices? Why can't I get rid of it? 3fdfc27e-d4eb-432c-a21e-4c317ca12d6d.jpg
    • Click Game DVR.
    • Turn off Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR.

If you have further queries, feel free to contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

GameBar Presence Writer.exe + GamingServices? Why can't I get rid of it?

1. GameBar Presence Writer.exe + GamingServices? Why can't I get rid of it? - Similar Threads - GameBar Presence Writer

2. Why can't I get rid of itunes in my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I get rid of itunes in my taskbar?: When I right click on it it says "pin to taskbar" instead of "unpin from taskbar" and I cannot get rid of it. It's driving me crazy because it keeps randomly opening....
  3. Why can't I get rid of itunes in my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I get rid of itunes in my taskbar?: When I right click on it it says "pin to taskbar" instead of "unpin from taskbar" and I cannot get rid of it. It's driving me crazy because it keeps randomly opening....
  4. How to grant permission to delete my own files? (Gamebar Presence Writer)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to grant permission to delete my own files? (Gamebar Presence Writer): [ATTACH] Trying to get rid of GameBarPresenceWriter.exe because it's crippling my FPS in game. When I End Task, my gaming performance doubles (literally) but the .exe loads back up every game. How do I get rid of it?...
  5. Why is Gamebar Presence Writer running, while GameDVR is disabled?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Gamebar Presence Writer running, while GameDVR is disabled?!: Why is Gamebar Presence Writer running, while Game bar/DVR is disabled?! It is disabled in setting along game mode, with verything in that category... I don't have xbox app, xbox services are off. In regedit Game bar/DVR disabled in all these locations:...
  6. cant make gamebar presence writer not launch after launching a game

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cant make gamebar presence writer not launch after launching a game: I've turned it off in settings, uninstalled the Xbox app. most of the regedit guides I see are looking for xbgm which I don't have and I've seen others have the same problem. Ive looked at https://gist.github.com/joshschmelzle/04c57d957c5bb92e85ae9180021b26dc but it wasnt...
  7. Download I can't get rid of

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Download I can't get rid of: I have an download I can't get rid of? I tried to remove it in the control panel I can't find it. I tried to wipe my computer it can't wipe my computer. This download is annoying every time I turn my computer on it comes on I don't know what to do now?...
  8. GAMEBAR PRESENCE WRITER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GAMEBAR PRESENCE WRITER: How do I keep the process, GAMEBAR PRESENCE WRITER, from loading? XBOX gamebar is completely disabled in windows settings, and I have disabled it from loading windows services. XBOX gamebar still loads every time, takes up resources, and I have a very noticeable lag in...
  9. I can't get rid of an app!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't get rid of an app!: I inadvertantly installed several apps after I was told on a website that I needed to update Adobe Flash. I got rid of all but one. It won't uninstall. I went to control panel via Start, and I keep trying to uninstall, but it wants me to fill out a capacha, I do, but then...
  10. cannot get rid of rundll32.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot get rid of rundll32.exe: Hey guys, some rundll32 processes are doing whatever in my computer and this seems to be very important to them, so that I cannot work comfortably. With Autoruns64.exe I could delete some processes(see this post), but some malicious ones are still there. sfc /scannow didnt...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is gamebar presence writer in windows 10