Windows 10: GAMEBAR PRESENCE WRITER

Discus and support GAMEBAR PRESENCE WRITER in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How do I keep the process, GAMEBAR PRESENCE WRITER, from loading? XBOX gamebar is completely disabled in windows settings, and I have disabled it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TK_GAMER, Mar 24, 2020.

1. TK_GAMER Win User

GAMEBAR PRESENCE WRITER

How do I keep the process, GAMEBAR PRESENCE WRITER, from loading?

XBOX gamebar is completely disabled in windows settings, and I have disabled it from loading windows services.

XBOX gamebar still loads every time, takes up resources, and I have a very noticeable lag in input.

XBOX gamebar is not uninstallable for myself. Not an available option, though I see the button more grayed out without ability to click.

Input lag is so noticeable in-game that the input lag lets me know when I forgot to end the process.

Why does Microsoft make it not possible to disable the feature when I do not own an XBOX, will never use Game Pass, and hurts my ability to use the computer without declined performance?

WHY DOES MICROSOFT NOT ADDRESS THE GAMEBAR PRESENCE WRITER LOADING ISSUE THAT HAS POSTS AS FAR BACK AS 2017?

Can anyone tell me a solution, other than end the process every time?

Can anyone tell me the location of XBOX gamebar files and ramification of deleting it manually if not protected by windows?

MICROSOFT SOLUTION OF DISABLING GAMEBAR SETTINGS IN WINDOWS DOES NOT WORK.

MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVICES DISABLING XBOX LIVE SETTINGS DOES NOT WORK.

MICROSOFT SOLUTION OF ENDING THE PROCESS EVERY TIME I LOAD THE GAME IS ANNOYING.

:)

TK_GAMER, Mar 24, 2020

2. Gamebar process problem

Hi,

The Gamebar Presence Writer is automatically enabled on your computer if you opened the Game bar and play a game. This process allows you to record video clips from your games.

If you are playing a game and you want to disable the Gamebar Presence Writer, follow the steps below:

• Click Start, and then type Task Manager in the search box.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, look for Gamebar Presence Writer, and then press the
      End task button.

To disable Game bar, here are the steps:

• Launch Xbox app, and then go to Settings
      GAMEBAR PRESENCE WRITER 3fdfc27e-d4eb-432c-a21e-4c317ca12d6d.jpg
    • Click Game DVR.
    • Turn off Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR.

If you have further queries, feel free to contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, Mar 24, 2020
  3. GameBar Presence Writer.exe + GamingServices? Why can't I get rid of it?

Hi wBoop and thanks for reaching out. My name is Joseph. I'm an independent advisor. I'll be happy to help you out today.

The Gamebar Presence Writer is automatically enabled on your computer if you opened the Game bar and play a game. This process allows you to record video clips from your games.

If you are playing a game and you want to disable the Gamebar Presence Writer, follow the steps below:

Click Start, and then type Task Manager in the search box.

Select Task Manager.

Under Processes, look for Gamebar Presence Writer, and then press the End task button.

To disable Game bar, here are the steps:

Launch the Xbox app, and then go to Settings Image.

Click Game DVR.

Turn off Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR.

Source:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let me know how it goes.

Thank you!

Joseph Y. Marquez, Mar 24, 2020
  4. GAMEBAR PRESENCE WRITER

Gamebar process problem

Yeah, Like many people here have commented I have disabled everything in relation to Windows Game mode, gamedvr and gamebar in the settings menu. When that failed to fix the issue, I disabled everything in the registry in relation to game mode, gamedvr and
    gamebar. That stupid gamebar presence process was still there. Then I used powershell to remove the xbox app. Still there. It only started doing this today. Please get rid of this crap and give me back control over what runs on my own computer.

Thanks.

GingerMonkey_891, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

GAMEBAR PRESENCE WRITER

1. GAMEBAR PRESENCE WRITER - Similar Threads - GAMEBAR PRESENCE WRITER

2. Checking Media Presence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Checking Media Presence: This started yesterday. I had left my computer running on a game while I was away for around 30 minutes. Then I came back to see a DellSupport Assist error. This is what it said."Dell SupportAssist has detected a failing component on your system that requires immediate...
  3. Checking Media Presence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Checking Media Presence: Every time I boot up my PC an alienware aurora r7 it first shows the alienware logo loading as usual, but switches to a black screen that says “checking media presence” and sometimes it flashes “no media present”, but then eventually the alienware loading screen shows up...
  4. Checking Media Presence

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Checking Media Presence: Every time I boot up my PC an alienware aurora r7 it first shows the alienware logo loading as usual, but switches to a black screen that says “checking media presence” and sometimes it flashes “no media present”, but then eventually the alienware loading screen shows up...
  5. How to grant permission to delete my own files? (Gamebar Presence Writer)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to grant permission to delete my own files? (Gamebar Presence Writer): [ATTACH] Trying to get rid of GameBarPresenceWriter.exe because it's crippling my FPS in game. When I End Task, my gaming performance doubles (literally) but the .exe loads back up every game. How do I get rid of it?...
  6. Why is Gamebar Presence Writer running, while GameDVR is disabled?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Gamebar Presence Writer running, while GameDVR is disabled?!: Why is Gamebar Presence Writer running, while Game bar/DVR is disabled?! It is disabled in setting along game mode, with verything in that category... I don't have xbox app, xbox services are off. In regedit Game bar/DVR disabled in all these locations:...
  7. cant make gamebar presence writer not launch after launching a game

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cant make gamebar presence writer not launch after launching a game: I've turned it off in settings, uninstalled the Xbox app. most of the regedit guides I see are looking for xbgm which I don't have and I've seen others have the same problem. Ive looked at https://gist.github.com/joshschmelzle/04c57d957c5bb92e85ae9180021b26dc but it wasnt...
  8. GameBar Presence Writer.exe + GamingServices? Why can't I get rid of it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GameBar Presence Writer.exe + GamingServices? Why can't I get rid of it?: Hello. Sorry in advance for being a bit hotheaded. Why is it that Windows 10 Microsoft is forcing these services down my throat when they have absolutely no reason to be running? W [ATTACH][ATTACH] They have absolutely no reason to be running. The GameBar Presence...
  9. checking media presence

in Windows 10 Customization
    checking media presence: how do I get around this message each time I boot up windows " checking media presence " https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/checking-media-presence/ab17aa18-c033-4972-abcc-ac1373a81617
  10. False AMD Presence

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    False AMD Presence: How on earth do I get rid of this, it must be in the registry???? Quite a long time ago now, I uninstalled AMD Radeon and installed GeForce FX 1060 software and drivers when it first appeared on the shelf. But this has always stayed and I keep getting notifications for new...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gamebar presence writer fps drop

2. game bar presence writer