Windows 10: gamebar won't let me record

Discus and support gamebar won't let me record in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; when I try to click on record it says that my computer does not meet the hardware requirements for it I have a gt 1030 with the latest drivers and im... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SkylerMcbeth, Jul 12, 2020.

1. gamebar won't let me record

when I try to click on record it says that my computer does not meet the hardware requirements for it I have a gt 1030 with the latest drivers and im on the latest windows update mind you I have tried everything on the web and even searched for answers here but no one else seems to have this problem.

:)

SkylerMcbeth, Jul 12, 2020
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

GameBar wont let me "Record That"

Hello
    Golden_XBX,

We would like to know more about your issue. Which build and version of Windows 10 are you running?

You can find this information by clicking the Start button, type
    winver, and then press Enter. Make sure you have the
    latest updates on your Windows PC.

As an initial troubleshooting, I suggest that you restart the Game DVR. Please follow the steps below:

1. Make sure that the game is closed.
    2. Right-click on your taskbar> select Task Manager from the context menu.
    3. In Task Manager > select More
      Details.
    4. In the list of running processes, select the Broadcast DVR server (bcastdvr.exe) process (if it's still there), and then select
      End task.
    5. Restart the game and try recording again.

Also, make sure that the game allows recordings. Some games are protected and won't allow recordings.

For more troubleshooting steps, please refer to this support article:
    Troubleshoot Game DVR on Windows 10

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Jul 12, 2020
  3. IcyReaper Win User
    Gamebar not recording all sounds??

Here is a video properly demonstrating exactly how broken Gamebar is being.

Note: you can see that the Gamebar records shots fired by my TEAMMATES, but not ME.

IcyReaper, Jul 12, 2020
  4. gamebar won't let me record

Gamebar process problem

Yeah, Like many people here have commented I have disabled everything in relation to Windows Game mode, gamedvr and gamebar in the settings menu. When that failed to fix the issue, I disabled everything in the registry in relation to game mode, gamedvr and
    gamebar. That stupid gamebar presence process was still there. Then I used powershell to remove the xbox app. Still there. It only started doing this today. Please get rid of this crap and give me back control over what runs on my own computer.

Thanks.

GingerMonkey_891, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

gamebar won't let me record

1. gamebar won't let me record - Similar Threads - gamebar won't let

2. It won't let me in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It won't let me in?: How can I get in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-wont-let-me-in/65c7d072-7bb5-4cb2-8c0f-4de3440e084a
  3. It won't let me in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It won't let me in?: How can I get in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-wont-let-me-in/65c7d072-7bb5-4cb2-8c0f-4de3440e084a
  4. Xbox gamebar recording not recording video clips

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox gamebar recording not recording video clips: When I start recording an important video on the internet so I don't have to go online again to see it once again the video isn't being recorded; instead a black screen is being recorded not the video, although the sound of the video is being played and the surroundings of...
  5. Windows Game bar recording wont let me record even though it would let me record in the past

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Game bar recording wont let me record even though it would let me record in the past: I was playing my game and I wanted to screen record what I was doing on the game, but when I got to the windows gamebar click on the record button. it said that my PC does not meet the requirements to record. I have screen recorded in the past and I have not had this issue...
  6. Recording issue in GameBar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recording issue in GameBar: Everytime I try to record a game the gambar only records for about 2 seconds and then it stops recording without my knowledge. How do i fix this? ***Original Title: Game bar***...
  7. Gamebar capture not recording audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gamebar capture not recording audio: Gamebar recording isn't capturing audio. How can I fix it? Is it a problem that Gamebar won't let me change the Mix from Monitor to Headphones? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gamebar-capture-not-recording-audio/e9ca356a-ee66-465f-ba3a-2dbccbf1f1ed
  8. Gamebar recording / playback

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gamebar recording / playback: Hi. Can anyone help with my kids pc. He uses gamebar to capture clips of his games. And the last week or so hes not been able to play them back. Just gets a pop up saying format not supported. Im not sure if they are even recoding but the timer is moving . Thanks...
  9. GameBar wont let me "Record That"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GameBar wont let me "Record That": I have tried everything, changing the settings, going online and looking for awnsers, but nothing seems to work I am trying to use the "Record" that option on my PC, which has windows 10, while gaming. It does its thing and records the previous 30 seconds. But when I go...
  10. GameBar wont let me "Record That"

in Windows 10 Customization
    GameBar wont let me "Record That": I have tried everything, changing the settings, going online and looking for awnsers, but nothing seems to work I am trying to use the "Record" that option on my PC, which has windows 10, while gaming. It does its thing and records the previous 30 seconds. But when I go...