Windows 10: Gamebar/Xbox One Controller PC Audio Issues

Discus and support Gamebar/Xbox One Controller PC Audio Issues in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Alright, so I've detailed this issue overhere as well on Reddit, although I have new information in this post. I'll be copy/pasting some of what I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jwakajoma, May 31, 2020.

1. jwakajoma Win User

Gamebar/Xbox One Controller PC Audio Issues

Alright, so I've detailed this issue overhere as well on Reddit, although I have new information in this post. I'll be copy/pasting some of what I wrote there for ease. This issue has existed continuously for long enough to where I finally felt the need to make a post detailing it. Normally, I can find other people with the same issues as I, but I've found zero posts regarding this specific problem thus far.

So I'm running into a couple of different issues with Gamebar that reoccurs every time I reset the app or restart the computer. One is when I plug my headphones into my Xbox controller, it shows the controller in my normal audio options just fine second photo *but not in gamebar* first photo. Something to keep in mind: my normal audio settings always update perfectly fine the moment I plug in my headphones into the controller, it is only Gamebar that doesn't seem to be pulling the correct information.

Gamebar/Xbox One Controller PC Audio Issues ab850c58-2f5a-4e6b-a564-2639578c551a?upload=true.png

Gamebar/Xbox One Controller PC Audio Issues 5d6b449e-d518-44ae-bd7e-b677e0592e7f?upload=true.png

Another issue is, eventually, instead of showing all my audio options *except* for the Xbox controller, it doesn't show *any of them* and gets stuck in this loading screen the goes on for eternity. I can't get it to load anything unless I reset the app or restart the computer.

Gamebar/Xbox One Controller PC Audio Issues 5cced865-c930-4f07-8577-2175d8601461?upload=true.jpg

A more recent issue I've come across is now I can't see my other audio options like my Razer Leviathan speaker or my TV even though they again show up in my actual audio settings just fine.

Gamebar/Xbox One Controller PC Audio Issues 02eb2929-3ff4-4893-8e52-d052bd7c59bb?upload=true.png

Needless to say, the audio portion of Gamebar is not functioning properly. Every time I restart the computer, one of the above three mentioned problems will eventually appear. Bear in mind, I can still listen through my controller since the audio settings do update when I plug in headphones, it just doesn't let me switch between audio settings on the fly in Gamebar when I want to, which is obviously a very nice and convenient feature I would like to be able to use.

I've included my system information below. Windows 10 Pro using a 2015-update Xbox One Controller and usually a chatpad plugged into it although the issue occurs with or without it. I play wirelessly using the 2018 wireless Xbox One controller adapter. I've tried multiple headphones and played multiple games and it occurs no matter what. I've reset the app and restarted the computer hundreds of times, and each time the issue is initially resolved before shortly returning.

Can anyone help me with this?

Gamebar/Xbox One Controller PC Audio Issues d479af58-8c48-4b9d-8176-c77d4cd7624c?upload=true.png

:)

jwakajoma, May 31, 2020
  2. Mala_S Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, May 31, 2020
  3. Xbox One S Controller on PC as a Hands-Free Headset with horrible audio quality

Hi Mikul,

I realize the inconvenience that you are facing with Audio and Drivers.

This issue might have occurred if the audio drivers are incompatible or not updated.

To assist you better on the issue, I request to provide information on the following questions:

• Is the issue specific to Xbox controller?

• Are you facing similar issues related to Audio and connectivity?
    If you are facing similar issues with any other device as well, I suggest you to run the built in
    Audio Device Troubleshooter and update the Audio Drivers by following the steps below:

Method 1: Run built in
    Audio Device troubleshooter, and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: Type
    Troubleshooting in the search box next to
    Start button, and press Enter.

Step 2: Click on
    View all from left side panel of the screen.

Step 3: Select
    Playing Audio, click on Advanced
    option, and check Apply repairs automatically.

Step 4: Follow the on screen instructions.

Method 2: Update the audio drivers, and check if it helps.

Step 1: Open run command by pressing
    Windows key + R, type devmgmt.msc, and press
    Enter.

Step 2:Expand the
    Audio inputs and outputs option.

Step 3:Right click on the
    audio drivers, and select Update Driver Software. Once this is done,
    restart the computer to check if the problem fixed.

For more information on troubleshooting Audio, refer to the link below:

Windows 10 - Audio Troubleshooting Tips
    (also refer to the section My Headphones/Speakers/Bluetooth won’t Play/Switch!)

If the issue is specific to Xbox controller, then it would be better suited on the Xbox support forum:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_support/xbox_on_windows_support/default.aspx

For reference, click on the link below:

Xbox Support

Kindly get back to us with the update on the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, May 31, 2020
  4. Gamebar/Xbox One Controller PC Audio Issues

Gamebar process problem

Yeah, Like many people here have commented I have disabled everything in relation to Windows Game mode, gamedvr and gamebar in the settings menu. When that failed to fix the issue, I disabled everything in the registry in relation to game mode, gamedvr and
    gamebar. That stupid gamebar presence process was still there. Then I used powershell to remove the xbox app. Still there. It only started doing this today. Please get rid of this crap and give me back control over what runs on my own computer.

Thanks.

GingerMonkey_891, May 31, 2020
Thema:

Gamebar/Xbox One Controller PC Audio Issues

1. Gamebar/Xbox One Controller PC Audio Issues - Similar Threads - Gamebar Xbox Controller

2. Audio Troubles with Xbox Gamebar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Troubles with Xbox Gamebar: Ok, so when I am on pc and have been having an issue with Xbox gamebar. My microphone sounds awful in the party chat. Side-note: my microphone is connected through an XLR input in my audio interface along with my speakers. Anyways I have read through posts that have the same...
  3. Xbox One Controller issues on PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox One Controller issues on PC: So, my xbox one controller keeps disconnecting and causing issues during COD:MW. It ONLY happens on this game. I've tried RDR2 and GTAV and it doesn't do this. I'll be playing the game and after a few minutes, the screen will lag a bunch and the screen will say "controller...
  4. Xbox Gamebar issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Gamebar issue: So for 2 days now, I get randomly tabbed out of various games to my Desktop and I couldn’t really find any reason for it to Happen so I checked out my windows „event display“ - windows protocols - applications And I got several warnings and issues which showed some kind of...
  5. another xbox one controller issue with the pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    another xbox one controller issue with the pc: My xbox one controller used to work perfectly on my pc until yesterday. I always used my micro-usb cable to connect it, and it always would turn on istantly. Starting from yesterday, when I connected my controller it would vibrate and nothing would happen? Did my cable just...
  6. Xbox One Controller connecting to PC issue

Xbox One Controller connecting to PC issue: Currently am trying to connect my xbox one controller to my PC with windows 10 and it isn't detecting at all. The controller is not under devices and it isn't in device manager. Seems as if there are no xbox one controller drivers on my computer. I also do not have the...
  7. XBOX One Controller Audio on PC

XBOX One Controller Audio on PC: I have an XBOX One Controller connected through the official wireless adapter. I would like to use my headphones through the controller 3.5mm audio jack. It is officially supported. However, i don’t see any relevant audio device to select in sound settings. I have...
  8. Issues connecting a Xbox one controller to PC

Issues connecting a Xbox one controller to PC: I have a second-hand xbox one s controller that connects fine via bluetooth to my phone, but it doesn't on pc. It either tries to connect and once I accept on pc it still flashes like it's connecting or it just doesn't appear in the bluetooth screen. It works fine with any...
  9. XBOX One Controller: Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    XBOX One Controller: Audio Issues: I'm having this weird problem with my XBOX One Controller. The audio isn't being played. I have it connected to my computer via USB and I connect my headphones to my XBOX One Controller because if I connect my headphones to my computer's built-in AUX output the sound will be...
  10. Xbox One Controller Issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Controller Issue?: Hi I have just bought a new xbox one wireless controller, i previously had a xbox 360 wired controller but one of the bumper buttons has stopped working. I have successfully paired the new controller and have started up Rainbow Six Siege, the controls seem to work fine until...