Windows 10: Gamebar_widget.exe has been crashing around 1000 times per week for the last month.

Discus and support Gamebar_widget.exe has been crashing around 1000 times per week for the last month. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Over the past month, reliability monitor has been showing Gamebar_widget crashing tens of times per day, sometimes over a thousand times per week. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AC_764, Feb 12, 2024.

1. AC_764 Win User

Gamebar_widget.exe has been crashing around 1000 times per week for the last month.

Over the past month, reliability monitor has been showing Gamebar_widget crashing tens of times per day, sometimes over a thousand times per week. I'm not certain what impact its having on my computer as I rarely use it, but I would really like to fix it. I've already tried verifying my system files, restoring gamebar and repairing gamebar in settings. I have also tried updating windows and my graphics drivers. Here is the info from reliability monitor from the most recent crash today:SourceGamebar_WidgetSummaryStopped workingDate‎2/‎12/‎2024 1:32 PMStatusReport sentDescrip

:)

AC_764, Feb 12, 2024
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Feb 12, 2024
  3. Explorer.exe Crashing (EventID 1000, Several Faulting Modules)

After several months of searching for solutions, I finally found something that can mediate the problem. I searched specifically for the faulting modules and the function listed in the Crash Dump info and ended up at this link which suggested a fix at the bottom. Here's the fix:

• Navigate to Windows 10 Settings -> Personalization -> Start
    • Disable "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the Taskbar"

It seems the issue resulted from some sort of error in adding an item to this recent list; hence why the crash occurs when creating a new folder or opening an item. One thing that hasn't been fixed is the "new window" part of the problem, but that's more of an inconvenience and I can work around that. At the very least, this seems to stop explorer from crashing... though I'm sure whatever the problem is it's still there, just mitigated by this setting. But that's good enough for me.

RobProductions, Feb 12, 2024
  4. Gamebar_widget.exe has been crashing around 1000 times per week for the last month.

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Feb 12, 2024
Thema:

Gamebar_widget.exe has been crashing around 1000 times per week for the last month.

1. Gamebar_widget.exe has been crashing around 1000 times per week for the last month. - Similar Threads - Gamebar_widget exe has

2. Gamebar_widget.exe has been crashing around 1000 times per week for the last month.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gamebar_widget.exe has been crashing around 1000 times per week for the last month.: Over the past month, reliability monitor has been showing Gamebar_widget crashing tens of times per day, sometimes over a thousand times per week. I'm not certain what impact its having on my computer as I rarely use it, but I would really like to fix it. I've already tried...
  3. Game Bar on Windows has been dropping parties multiple times per day for the past month or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar on Windows has been dropping parties multiple times per day for the past month or...: I want to start this off by stating this is not an issue on my end. I have nothing conflicting with the program in either version of Windows Firewall or any settings on my router messing with anything. This is the only connectivity issue I have on either PC or Xbox. Multiple...
  4. Game Bar on Windows has been dropping parties multiple times per day for the past month or...

Game Bar on Windows has been dropping parties multiple times per day for the past month or...: I want to start this off by stating this is not an issue on my end. I have nothing conflicting with the program in either version of Windows Firewall or any settings on my router messing with anything. This is the only connectivity issue I have on either PC or Xbox. Multiple...
  5. Windows Server Keep hanging two or three times per week since last month

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server Keep hanging two or three times per week since last month: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000501, 0x0000000000000500, 0xfffff801d9dbf540. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: d3888541-315f-4ebf-8d41-edcb575955b1.My windows server keep hanging...
  6. Windows Server Keep hanging two or three times per week since last month

Windows Server Keep hanging two or three times per week since last month: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000501, 0x0000000000000500, 0xfffff801d9dbf540. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: d3888541-315f-4ebf-8d41-edcb575955b1.My windows server keep hanging...
  7. PC has been crashing while gaming for the last week, trying to identify the cause

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC has been crashing while gaming for the last week, trying to identify the cause: I've had a series of crashes while gaming over the last week. Using the reliability monitor it seems to be a hardware issue. Most have read this error code when viewing the vent in reliability history:SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎8/‎6/‎2021 7:35 PMStatusNot...
  8. Backing up Selected Files - last Week or Last Month

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backing up Selected Files - last Week or Last Month: Before the last update I was able to select all files - new or modified - in say the last week or last month. Now when I highlight the directory and enter into the search box the option for modified since doesn't appear....
  9. PC has been crashing for the last 2 weeks whenever power is plugged in

PC has been crashing for the last 2 weeks whenever power is plugged in: Hi All, Im in a serious conundrum! Into the first week of May, my computer started getting a series of BSOD's and its its getting. frustrating I really need your help in figuring this out as ive tried almost every method online and on youtube. Nothing seems to work. The...
  10. BSOD roughly 3 times per month

BSOD roughly 3 times per month: Hello, my computer has been blue-screening roughly 3 times per month since October 2018. I don't know much about how to go about searching for the cause, but I did start collecting memory mini-dumps. 2019-01-04 dump: BugcheckCode 292, Parameter 1 = 0x0...