Windows 10: GameDVR not recording audio

Discus and support GameDVR not recording audio in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10's GameDVR looks very promising, and other than this issue I've been having, works really well. For some reason, it is not recording any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CaptainMurica, Jul 31, 2015.

1. GameDVR not recording audio

Windows 10's GameDVR looks very promising, and other than this issue I've been having, works really well.

For some reason, it is not recording any audio at all. I'd like to to record both in-game audio as well as my microphone, but it only records the video. I have audio recording enabled:

GameDVR not recording audio [​IMG]

Any help is appreciated!

:)

CaptainMurica, Jul 31, 2015

2. Game DVR Microphone Quality Isn't Good

I do usually use OBS for video recordings and whatnot, it's just that when I quickly want to record something, I use GameDVR. And I have found a way to work around the bad mic quality:

• I turn on 'listen to this device' in my mic settings
    • I turn off the mic in GameDVR, and make sure that GameDVR records all system audio
    • BOOM! Better mic quality! it doesn't ALWAYS work though..

SleepyBearZZZZ, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Broadcast DVR Server (bcastdvr.exe) RAM Hog

I just discovered the same problem on my Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10. I realized that GameDVR on the XBOX app could be causing problems.

I opened the XBOX app, clicked Settings->GameDVR->Background recording, and disabled continuous background recording.

I'm not having the problem anymore!

cubanquixote, Jul 31, 2015
  4. tcman50 Win User

GameDVR not recording audio

Didnt even know this was a feature of windows 10, would like to use it on my Aspalt 8: Airborne game.

I Suppose Fraps still be used instead, though it is limited until it's purchased.

I highly recommend the above game download from the app store, hell of a free game, of course if one gets stuck on a season or one wants to skip sections of the game and just get more powerful cars those can be purchased for a small fee.

tcman50, Aug 31, 2015
  5. I want to use it as an alternative to ShadowPlay since it occasionally has issues.

CaptainMurica, Aug 31, 2015
  6. Bhrayan23 Win User
    This is a usual concern to all Game DVR users including me. Have you taken any actions to fix it? In my case, my audio was not captured and I can’t generate a video as well. What I did is to search the net for possible ways to solve Game DVR not working issues, and I end-up using another screen recorder.

Bhrayan23, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

GameDVR not recording audio

1. GameDVR not recording audio - Similar Threads - GameDVR recording audio

2. GameDVR unable to record with 60fps limit, because of 240hz monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    GameDVR unable to record with 60fps limit, because of 240hz monitor?: When recording with GameDVR you can chose between 30fps or 60fps limit. But in my case the recorded videos all have higher fps than the limit. E.g. limit is set to 60fps - video has 80fps. or if limit is set to 30fps - video has 35fps. Is that due to the 240hz high...
  3. Audio recorder is not capturing the audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio recorder is not capturing the audio: Greetings,My Audio recorder is not capturing the audio since the windows 11 update.Kindly help me to fix this. As i need this feature for my OBS studio.Thank You....
  4. Audio recorder is not capturing the audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio recorder is not capturing the audio: Greetings,My Audio recorder is not capturing the audio since the windows 11 update.Kindly help me to fix this. As i need this feature for my OBS studio.Thank You....
  5. Audio recording

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio recording: How can I test my microphone on my HP Pavillion to ensure it's working correctly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-recording/4102eee7-05c3-4fca-b19d-ad466c42980c
  6. Recording Audio

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recording Audio: I'm trying to set up a recording studio using my laptop and aNd confused how to do it. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recording-audio/fc17e0de-215e-4538-a80b-7359945286f2
  7. We can't record right now. Try again later. gamedvr issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We can't record right now. Try again later. gamedvr issue.: [ATTACH] This issue started to prompt me when I was in-game and wanted to record some clips. When started gamebar and this popup came up when I clicked the record button. Gamebar was working fine and recording was working too like 3/4 days ago and all of sudden yesterday I...
  8. Increase bitrate with gamedvr? or an alternative to record Games with HDR enabled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Increase bitrate with gamedvr? or an alternative to record Games with HDR enabled: Only gamedvr records HDR games correctly, others as OBS or Shadowplay records with washed out colors. The problem with game DVR is resolution and bitrate, any chance to modify these values? submitted by /u/ahmlet [link] [comments]...
  9. In built screen recorder not recording audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In built screen recorder not recording audio: The in built screen recorder is not recording audio, however when i have my earphones in i can hear some audio however it is really glitchy and broken, without my earphones in there is not sound at all. I have troubleshooted the audio recording but there were no problems...
  10. audio recordings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio recordings: I want to make an audio recording, and make a copy on a memory stick to send by mail to a friend to play on a laptop or pc How please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-recordings/9c68afc0-a4a6-4abc-9617-1b215e7a0326

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gamedvr not recording my audio