Windows 10: GameDVR service missing entirely

Discus and support GameDVR service missing entirely in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was going to play a game and attempted to open the Game Bar. It would not open. I looked in the registry and did find the BCastDVRUserService... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Melting Ice, May 17, 2020.

1. GameDVR service missing entirely

I was going to play a game and attempted to open the Game Bar. It would not open. I looked in the registry and did find the BCastDVRUserService service. It was disabled, but when I tried to enable it with services.msc it would just spit out "The paramater is incorrect."

So I opted for regedit. I changed "Start" from 4 to 2 and when I tried to start it, both with net start, services.msc, and sc start, I always got error 1058.

I tried restarting. I tried opening the game bar again and nothing. So I went into the registry again, expecting it to be disabled again and...the BCastDVRUserService key was completely gone. No trace left behind.

How can I restore this with SC?

:)

Melting Ice, May 17, 2020
  2. Kubiuks Win User

Unable to disable GameDVR

My Xbox app always shuts down when I try to enter GameDVR tab so I tried to disable it with every method I found on the internet including changing keys in register editor (which worked but after launching windows the next morning the problem was back) and
    turning off every xbox service and removing the app itself but GameDVR is still working.

I am also missing "gaming" section in windows settings.

How do i manage this problem?

I have Windows 10 Education N with all possible updates.

Thanks!

Kubiuks, May 17, 2020
  3. Jjoogood Win User
    GameDVR Listing Problems (Windows 10)

When I record a video on the GameDVR application, the footage does not appear in the GameDVR listings though it appears in the location that I set it to. This means that I can not trim or upload the video within the app.

I have tried:

- Restarting computer.

- Deleting everything inside folder.

- Recording another video.

Thanks!

Jjoogood, May 17, 2020
  4. GameDVR service missing entirely

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 17, 2020
Thema:

GameDVR service missing entirely

1. GameDVR service missing entirely - Similar Threads - GameDVR service missing

2. GameDVR and Broadcast User Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GameDVR and Broadcast User Service: This blasted process spikes my GPU to 100% usage for no reason, resulting in crashes. I followed some advice to turn it off from a different post on this site, but I couldn’t complete the last step, Remove-AppxPackage. I kept getting the error “Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay :...
  3. GameDVR and Broadcast User Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GameDVR and Broadcast User Service: This blasted process spikes my GPU to 100% usage for no reason, resulting in crashes. I followed some advice to turn it off from a different post on this site, but I couldn’t complete the last step, Remove-AppxPackage. I kept getting the error “Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay :...
  4. GameDVR and Broadcast User Service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. GameDVR and Broadcast User Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GameDVR and Broadcast User Service: Why is this process taking up so much CPU and RAM? I never used Xbox Game Bar, and I disabled it, it's still taking up processing power.Is it recording all stuff I'm doing on my computer or what?...
  6. GameDVR and Broadcast User Service

GameDVR and Broadcast User Service: Why is this process taking up so much CPU and RAM? I never used Xbox Game Bar, and I disabled it, it's still taking up processing power.Is it recording all stuff I'm doing on my computer or what?...
  7. Modify Service "GameDVR and Broadcast User Service_4a805"?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Modify Service "GameDVR and Broadcast User Service_4a805"?: I wish to modify/disable the service "GameDVR and Broadcast User Service_4a805"? I tried accessing the properties via Computer Management, but when i modify any of the fields then click OK, i get the error message, "The parameter is incorrect", and i have to cancel out....
  8. GameDVR service missing entirely

GameDVR service missing entirely: I was going to play a game and attempted to open the Game Bar. It would not open. I looked in the registry and did find the BCastDVRUserService service. It was disabled, but when I tried to enable it with services.msc it would just spit out "The paramater is incorrect." So I...
  9. GameDVR and Broadcast User Service 50% usage on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    GameDVR and Broadcast User Service 50% usage on my laptop.: [ATTACH] While searching through the processes in my Task Manager, I found out that the GPU was being used up. I had that problem since around four months ago. I searched through finding that one of the service hosts are causing it. On some days, it's totally fine, on...
  10. Entire Wuaserv (Windows Update) File Missing from Registry/ Missing From Services/ Missing...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Entire Wuaserv (Windows Update) File Missing from Registry/ Missing From Services/ Missing...: Now, this has been a bit of a pain in my ass. I've had this issue for quite some time now (a few months, to be exact) and am now unsure of what to do after doing the following: - DISM checks - SFC/ scannow - Windows Update Troubleshooter - Running BITS - A Full-On...