Windows 10: GameDVR unable to record with 60fps limit, because of 240hz monitor?

Discus and support GameDVR unable to record with 60fps limit, because of 240hz monitor? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When recording with GameDVR you can chose between 30fps or 60fps limit. But in my case the recorded videos all have higher fps than the limit. E.g.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sloppy-Tuesday, Feb 24, 2023.

1. GameDVR unable to record with 60fps limit, because of 240hz monitor?

When recording with GameDVR you can chose between 30fps or 60fps limit. But in my case the recorded videos all have higher fps than the limit. E.g. limit is set to 60fps - video has 80fps. or if limit is set to 30fps - video has 35fps.

Is that due to the 240hz high refreshrate monitor that I have?

How can I actually limit the recorded video to 60fps when using GameDVR?

submitted by /u/Sloppy-Tuesday
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sloppy-Tuesday, Feb 24, 2023

2. Unable to record with GameDVR

Hi Angellus,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

As the issue is related to XBOX I would suggest you to refer the link below to post your query there and they will be happy to assist you.

Xbox Support

If you have any other queries related to windows 10 feel free to post we will be happy to help you.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 24, 2023
  3. Unable to record with GameDVR

Ever since the GameDVR feature was first added to Windows 10, I have been unable to record clips with it. I have double and triple checked that my PC meets the requirements, but still no luck. Inside of the Xbox app under Settings -> GameDVR it says I can
    record clips, but the Xbox Game Bar complains that I do not meet the requirements.

Again, this issue has occurred since they added the feature. Including the stable release of Windows 10 and th1 update which were not Insider builds. This should not be Insider related.

Any ideas?

Screenshots with details and system specs below.
    GameDVR unable to record with 60fps limit, because of 240hz monitor? 32190d7c-85d6-4d16-b155-bd8e64197478.png

GameDVR unable to record with 60fps limit, because of 240hz monitor? 432210a6-6d2c-4c83-b72a-3218bac06d66.png

GameDVR unable to record with 60fps limit, because of 240hz monitor? c2946812-001b-4a67-965d-d487aa12d2a4.png

Angellus Mortis, Feb 24, 2023
  4. GameDVR unable to record with 60fps limit, because of 240hz monitor?

Windows 10 External Monitor only :: How to set Portrait orientation?

Thanks Elise,

I found more links which suggest

1. turn one of the monitor
    2. feedback to Microsoft
    Using Steps Recorder on Two monitors. (microsoft.com)

How to limit Problem Steps Recorder to single - Microsoft Community

I need assistance on both suggestions; how to

1. turn off laptop monitor?
    2. locate feedback hub on Cortana?
    My workaround is to use PowerPoint Screen Recorder but this need additional screen capture.

The reason for Screen Recorder is Windows 10 Mouse Cursor for Office Menu item disappear when select Screen Capture App. It is cumbersome to show Tech Support what is selected on Office App on captured screen...

Thanks Ahead!

panes-rubrics.0l_icloud.com, Feb 24, 2023
Thema:

GameDVR unable to record with 60fps limit, because of 240hz monitor?

1. GameDVR unable to record with 60fps limit, because of 240hz monitor? - Similar Threads - GameDVR unable record

2. How to keep 240hz refresh rate on new monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to keep 240hz refresh rate on new monitor: This is my situation. I have a MSI Stealth GS77 gaming laptop with an HDMI 2.1 output that I have an external monitor connected to. The monitor is a 1440p Asus ROG PG279QM. The monitor has several HDMI 2.0 inputs and a DP 1.4 input. The monitor is capable of a 240hz refresh...
  3. 60FPS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    60FPS: Hi, I can't export videos at 1080p@60fps in Video Editor from Windows 10.Send a feedback to Microsoft to add these features: Export up to 1080p@60fps and choose custom resolution to export it....
  4. 60FPS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    60FPS: Hi, I can't export videos at 1080p@60fps in Video Editor from Windows 10.Send a feedback to Microsoft to add these features: Export up to 1080p@60fps and choose custom resolution to export it....
  5. 1440p 60fps recording on Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    1440p 60fps recording on Xbox Game Bar: Hello can i record 1440p 60 fps videos on Xbox Game Bar? I had give it a try but it has recorded 1920x1080 resolution. submitted by /u/muzaffer22 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l3zsl6/1440p_60fps_recording_on_xbox_game_bar/
  6. Recording at 4K@60FPS problems. A lot of frame dropping.

Recording at 4K@60FPS problems. A lot of frame dropping.: So i have a bunch of replay files of the game Rocket League, I want to screen record them and upload it to YouTube. But when I use a screen recorder such as OBS, Streamlabs or Screen Grabber, it all starts to lagging making the final output about 1 frame per 4 seconds, while...
  7. Can't set my monitor to 240Hz

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't set my monitor to 240Hz: I just bought this new 240 Hz LC27RG50FQUXEN and I can't set it to any value higher than 240Hz. I tried so many things but to no avail, I tried turning Adaptive-sync off, I tried turning V-sync off, I had the ability to set it to 144hz but with DP Version 1.1, whenever I set...
  8. Increase bitrate with gamedvr? or an alternative to record Games with HDR enabled

Increase bitrate with gamedvr? or an alternative to record Games with HDR enabled: Only gamedvr records HDR games correctly, others as OBS or Shadowplay records with washed out colors. The problem with game DVR is resolution and bitrate, any chance to modify these values? submitted by /u/ahmlet [link] [comments]...
  9. Night light setting on 240hz monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night light setting on 240hz monitor: Hey. There seems to be an issue when the Night Light setting is ON, only on the Alienware AW2518HF, scrolling the websites creates a greenish effect around the text....
  10. GameDVR not recording audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GameDVR not recording audio: Windows 10's GameDVR looks very promising, and other than this issue I've been having, works really well. For some reason, it is not recording any audio at all. I'd like to to record both in-game audio as well as my microphone, but it only records the video. I have audio...