Windows 10: Gameinput Redestrutable

Discus and support Gameinput Redestrutable in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently got a new HP ENVY 13-aq0xxx Laptop, but its been crashing a lot when i put it to sleep or leave it on. I've checked reliability monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DanielZaborszky, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Gameinput Redestrutable

I recently got a new HP ENVY 13-aq0xxx Laptop,

but its been crashing a lot when i put it to sleep or leave it on. I've checked reliability monitor and right before the crash gameinput redistributable, Note this is a work and Not gaming laptop So what would be my next step?

:)

DanielZaborszky, Sep 14, 2020

2. "GameInput Redistributable" -- What is it, what's using it, how to get rid of it?

I don't necessarily want to uninstall the GameInput Redistributable. What I really want to do is figure out what, exactly, is blocking that update. Microsoft's told us it's blocked because of reasons. But, they've given us no visibility into what those
    reasons are (in my case, I'm just guessing it's GameInput Redistributable because it keeps popping up in Reliability Monitor and nothing else in their list seems to apply) or what, if any, progress is being made. For all I know, it's some trivial, unused
    thing on these systems. Or, perhaps something that's not being maintained any more and will never be fixed. I really doubt that either of those things apply. But, if MS is going to stick that warning label up in Windows Update, they really need to give
    more information.

oreveredrist, Sep 14, 2020
  3. "GameInput Redistributable" -- What is it, what's using it, how to get rid of it?

From the Windows status document I referenced in my OP, it looks like they've resolved the GameInput Redistributable thing. And, the update is now available to me in Windows Update.

oreveredrist, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Gameinput Redestrutable

"GameInput Redistributable" -- What is it, what's using it, how to get rid of it?

I agree with you on that. MS should give some more details as to why and how is Gameinput redistributable responsible for the update block.

I think it's something that is used in some niche services. This is what I found when I looked up on reddit -GameInput Redistributable - anyone know what it is? : techsupport

Stranger_Hanyo, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Gameinput Redestrutable

1. Gameinput Redestrutable - Similar Threads - Gameinput Redestrutable

2. Constant BSOD at startup after recent Win11Pro update, related to GameInput Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD at startup after recent Win11Pro update, related to GameInput Service: Hello, since updating to the newest version of Windows 11 Pro I've had problems with starting my system. Notably it crashes with a BSOD like 2-3 times at startup and it's a gamble whether it will progress normally or not. It works fine for about 10 seconds and then it...
  3. Constant BSOD at startup after recent Win11Pro update, related to GameInput Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSOD at startup after recent Win11Pro update, related to GameInput Service: Hello, since updating to the newest version of Windows 11 Pro I've had problems with starting my system. Notably it crashes with a BSOD like 2-3 times at startup and it's a gamble whether it will progress normally or not. It works fine for about 10 seconds and then it...
  4. KB5034441 and GameInput Service Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5034441 and GameInput Service Failure: issue I've encountered on my home computer after attempting to install Windows Update KB5034441. Post-installation, I've been experiencing a failure with the GameInput service, which is critical for my gaming applications. I have attempted various troubleshooting methods...
  5. KB5034441 and GameInput Service Failure

KB5034441 and GameInput Service Failure: issue I've encountered on my home computer after attempting to install Windows Update KB5034441. Post-installation, I've been experiencing a failure with the GameInput service, which is critical for my gaming applications. I have attempted various troubleshooting methods...
  6. KB5034441 and GameInput Service Failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Microsoft GameInput causing BSOD or something else?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft GameInput causing BSOD or something else?: Hello. Just as I started typing this the laptop died again, so i booted up safe mode to try and reach for the minidump files, which are here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1V334rEcKYU562ViKA1deaf9_BnbTsiJY?usp=sharingAnd guess what: it crashes also in safe mode, and...
  8. Microsoft GameInput causing BSOD or something else?

Microsoft GameInput causing BSOD or something else?: Hello. Just as I started typing this the laptop died again, so i booted up safe mode to try and reach for the minidump files, which are here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1V334rEcKYU562ViKA1deaf9_BnbTsiJY?usp=sharingAnd guess what: it crashes also in safe mode, and...
  9. BSOD because of GameInput Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD because of GameInput Service: Hi,I seem to be crashing while gaming or using 3D related programs, tried updatingdrivers and Windows, reinstalling Windows, etc, etc.I'll add the Minidump file below. I've read this maybe different kinds of driver issues, so I'd like to ask for help in reading the file....
  10. BSOD because of GameInput Service

BSOD because of GameInput Service: Hi,I seem to be crashing while gaming or using 3D related programs, tried updatingdrivers and Windows, reinstalling Windows, etc, etc.I'll add the Minidump file below. I've read this maybe different kinds of driver issues, so I'd like to ask for help in reading the file....