Windows 10: GameInput Redistributable - Every time my PC crashes

Discus and support GameInput Redistributable - Every time my PC crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So anytime I try to play a game, my PC crashes. I get a black screen and have to totally switch off power to reboot. What is happening and how can i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Walter B.Johnson, Jan 12, 2021.

1. GameInput Redistributable - Every time my PC crashes

So anytime I try to play a game, my PC crashes. I get a black screen and have to totally switch off power to reboot. What is happening and how can i fix it?

Every time this happens I am noticing this in the reliability log.

Description

Windows Installer reconfigured the product. Product Name: GameInput Redistributable. Product Version: 10.1.19041.3906. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation. Reconfiguration success or error status: 0.

:)

Walter B.Johnson, Jan 12, 2021

2. Gameinput Redestrutable

I recently got a new HP ENVY 13-aq0xxx Laptop,

but its been crashing a lot when i put it to sleep or leave it on. I've checked reliability monitor and right before the crash gameinput redistributable, Note this is a work and Not gaming laptop So what would be my next step?

DanielZaborszky, Jan 12, 2021
  3. How to permenantly remove GameInput Redistributable?

Hi,

I've been having this problem where GameInput Redistributable causes my pc to freeze completely and crash (everything on the screen freezes, the num lock test doesn't work, ctrl+alt+dlt doesn't work). The only solution I had is to uninstall the feature and
    my PC works fine.

However every time I reboot it reinstalls it.

Which means I have to uninstall it every single time I turn my pc on.

My windows updates are blocked from updating, but it still reinstalls it. Please tell me theres a way to uninstall it for good. Its so infuriating to have to uninstall it or have my PC just die every few hours. ):

Caper Iris, Jan 12, 2021
  4. GameInput Redistributable - Every time my PC crashes

"GameInput Redistributable" -- What is it, what's using it, how to get rid of it?

I don't necessarily want to uninstall the GameInput Redistributable. What I really want to do is figure out what, exactly, is blocking that update. Microsoft's told us it's blocked because of reasons. But, they've given us no visibility into what those
    reasons are (in my case, I'm just guessing it's GameInput Redistributable because it keeps popping up in Reliability Monitor and nothing else in their list seems to apply) or what, if any, progress is being made. For all I know, it's some trivial, unused
    thing on these systems. Or, perhaps something that's not being maintained any more and will never be fixed. I really doubt that either of those things apply. But, if MS is going to stick that warning label up in Windows Update, they really need to give
    more information.

oreveredrist, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

GameInput Redistributable - Every time my PC crashes

1. GameInput Redistributable - Every time my PC crashes - Similar Threads - GameInput Redistributable Every

2. GameInput crashing my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GameInput crashing my pc: Whilst playing games recently my pc has crashed multiple times, after checking the reliability history i see a that microsoft GameInput successfully reconfigures at exactly the same time the pc crashes and creates a critical event notice of windows not shutting down...
  3. GameInput crashing my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GameInput crashing my pc: Whilst playing games recently my pc has crashed multiple times, after checking the reliability history i see a that microsoft GameInput successfully reconfigures at exactly the same time the pc crashes and creates a critical event notice of windows not shutting down...
  4. GameInput crashing my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Microsoft GameInput Reconfiguration is crashing my pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft GameInput Reconfiguration is crashing my pc.: Hello, For the past 2 months, after the big Win 11 update, my computer is crashing about 3-4 times daily. Its slowly becomes unresponsive and then everything freezes and I have to reboot manually. Upon closer inspection, I saw through the Reliability History viewer that...
  6. Microsoft GameInput Reconfiguration is crashing my pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft GameInput Reconfiguration is crashing my pc.: Hello, For the past 2 months, after the big Win 11 update, my computer is crashing about 3-4 times daily. Its slowly becomes unresponsive and then everything freezes and I have to reboot manually. Upon closer inspection, I saw through the Reliability History viewer that...
  7. Microsoft GameInput crashing PC

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft GameInput crashing PC: [ATTACH]As per reports, Microsoft GameInput is crashing their PC – sometimes even causing BSOD. According to the affected users, Windows computer crashes when playing a game, when they checked the Reliability Monitor, they found out that the issue is related to Microsoft...
  8. Laptop Freezes because GameInput Redistributable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Freezes because GameInput Redistributable: My quite brand new Asus Tuf Gaming Laptop seems to have started freezing at 9/20/2020 and from the reliability monitor and some digging around it feels like its being caused by GameInput Redistributable, though i am not 100% sure if its the problem. Any help or tips on...
  9. GameInput redistributable and drawing tablets

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GameInput redistributable and drawing tablets: Two days ago, my drawing tablet began missing my inputs. My pen would be on the screen, but the cursor would not move, or it would move seconds after I had moved the pen. For reference, I had purchased my tablet 2 years ago and have not had this problem before. After...
  10. How to permenantly remove GameInput Redistributable?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to permenantly remove GameInput Redistributable?: Hi, I've been having this problem where GameInput Redistributable causes my pc to freeze completely and crash everything on the screen freezes, the num lock test doesn't work, ctrl+alt+dlt doesn't work. The only solution I had is to uninstall the feature and my PC works...