Windows 10: Gamepad doesn't work in games after momentarily disconnecting until I restart PC

Discus and support Gamepad doesn't work in games after momentarily disconnecting until I restart PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi ! I've got a Logitech F310 wired controller/gamepad which is connected to my desktop via USB. I'm using Windows 10 x64 v1909 b18363.836. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GamingNChill, May 30, 2020.

1. Gamepad doesn't work in games after momentarily disconnecting until I restart PC

Hi !

I've got a Logitech F310 wired controller/gamepad which is connected to my desktop via USB. I'm using Windows 10 x64 v1909 b18363.836.

The issue I'm facing is that sometimes my controller disconnects automatically - I'm pretty sure it happens when the wire coming out of my controller moves a certain way/amount which might indicate a wiring or power issue on the controller's PCB - but I feel this only happens momentarily, because when I press the Mode button on the F310, even immediately after the disconnection, the green light lights up, and when I use the switch on the back to select XInput mode or DInput mode, the device connection/disconnection sound comes through my speakers, leading me to believe it's still being recognized in Windows in some limited way.

When I check in Device Manager and Printers and Devices, I can see the device listed refreshed/scanned for changes and it still shows. The inputs are detected in the calibration menu as well.

The problem is that it doesn't work in games until I've restarted my PC. I've checked on multiple games including Assetto Corsa, Assetto Corsa Competitzione and GTA V.

I've tried closing and re-opening Steam, changing Steam controller settings, using Windows Devices Controller Calibration settings, disabling and re-enabling the controller, unplugging and re-plugging it.

I can think of a number of possible reasons but need help in narrowing it down -

Is it a driver bug doesn't need any updates through Windows Update
    Is it a User Account permissions issue
    Is it a Steam issue seems least likely to me personally

:)

GamingNChill, May 30, 2020

2. Gamepad not working on games

Why QHM7468-2V gamepad is not working, i have tested all the tests and it works properly on all test's, but in games it is not working, i have troubleshooted and reinstalled the drivers and restarted the pc many times and it is still not working in games,please
    give me the solution.

gokulkrishnan7, May 30, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Gamepad doesn't work in games after momentarily disconnecting until I restart PC [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, May 30, 2020
  4. Shilohbob Win User

Gamepad doesn't work in games after momentarily disconnecting until I restart PC

Can't use Gamepad in Windows 10

Disconnect Gamepad & uninstall all drivers > Restart PC > install drivers with Admin Rights & in Compatibility Mode > Shut down PC ' attach Game pad > restart PC > check if it works!

Shilohbob, May 30, 2020
Thema:

Gamepad doesn't work in games after momentarily disconnecting until I restart PC

1. Gamepad doesn't work in games after momentarily disconnecting until I restart PC - Similar Threads - Gamepad doesn't games

2. Games wont work until I restart PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games wont work until I restart PC: Hello , First of all I would like to mention that this problem has been happening to me ever since I reinstalled my Windows.The problem I am facing is that games wont start up unless I restart the PC , after which I can play all the games perfectly fine. moreover , while I am...
  3. Games wont work until I restart PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games wont work until I restart PC: Hello , First of all I would like to mention that this problem has been happening to me ever since I reinstalled my Windows.The problem I am facing is that games wont start up unless I restart the PC , after which I can play all the games perfectly fine. moreover , while I am...
  4. Headphones doesn't work untill we restart and after restart if we unplug the headphones and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones doesn't work untill we restart and after restart if we unplug the headphones and...: I've been looking through the old questions and I couldn't find a fix, the issue is pretty much what the title says.Please look at the image below, idk why it says this.Also I think the issue occurred after I updated my drivers from here...
  5. Headphones doesn't work untill we restart and after restart if we unplug the headphones and...

Headphones doesn't work untill we restart and after restart if we unplug the headphones and...: I've been looking through the old questions and I couldn't find a fix, the issue is pretty much what the title says.Please look at the image below, idk why it says this.Also I think the issue occurred after I updated my drivers from here...
  6. A game won't open until I restart my pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A game won't open until I restart my pc.: It doesn't happen to all of my games, only with one actually. I click on the game and the only thing it does is showing the loading circle but it goes away a second later and nothing else. It then opens when I restart my pc. It happened to another game a while ago but it's...
  7. A game won't open until I restart my pc.

A game won't open until I restart my pc.: It doesn't happen to all of my games, only with one actually. I click on the game and the only thing it does is showing the loading circle but it goes away a second later and nothing else. It then opens when I restart my pc. It happened to another game a while ago but it's...
  8. Gamepad not working on games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gamepad not working on games: Why QHM7468-2V gamepad is not working, i have tested all the tests and it works properly on all test's, but in games it is not working, i have troubleshooted and reinstalled the drivers and restarted the pc many times and it is still not working in games,please give me the...
  9. Network card doesn't work until restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network card doesn't work until restart: If i use the computer to download things, continously after a while (sometimes 1 hour, other times 4 hours, but anytime eventually) the Ethernet wired connection doesn't work; it says "no internet access". if i try to disable/enable network card, run troubleshooter,...
  10. Not connect until after i restart my pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not connect until after i restart my pc: When i turn my PC on it doesn't connect the internet, i use a Ethernet wire which is not damaged. it doesn't show that i am connected to the router at all, its acting like the wire is completely unplugged. this is where it gets weird, when i restart my it works fine. the...