Windows 10: Gamepad inputs turning into keyboard inputs on Windows 10

Discus and support Gamepad inputs turning into keyboard inputs on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a RetroBit N64 Controller, a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller and a Sony DualShock 4. Whenever I try to use any of them, all of the buttons on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TheLivingGraveyard, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Gamepad inputs turning into keyboard inputs on Windows 10

I have a RetroBit N64 Controller, a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller and a Sony DualShock 4. Whenever I try to use any of them, all of the buttons on them turn into keys as if they were on a keyboard. For example, the C-Stick/C-buttons turn into the scrolling wheel on a mouse, the Start button on all of them turn into Escape and the left sticks turn into the arrow keys.

I find it quite weird that it's consistent, as in the buttons all correspond to each other, even though they are all from different developers. This leads me to believe a program or driver of sorts is the cause. However, looking through my Driver Manager and system files, I can't find anything that might relate to a gamepad.

It may be possible that it's the Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator that's causing all this. All my controllers are Plug and Play, discounting the Bluetooth function on the Pro Controller and the DS4. However, I can't revert to a previous state or update it, and I can't remove it because the computer really doesn't want me to.

It could also be possible that it's a Logitech Gaming Software folder. I found multiple files that might hint towards being involved in "supporting" controllers, such as C:\Program Files\Logitech Gaming Software\Drivers\LGJoyHid or C:\Program Files\Logitech Gaming Software\Drivers\VirtualBus.

This is every driver I have installed: https://imgur.com/a/X66WOAM

:)

TheLivingGraveyard, Aug 15, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Gamepad inputs turning into keyboard inputs on Windows 10

Help with the keyboard input

Dear TenForums members,

I have had this problem since I thought I had solved the chinese input. But, it turned out to be available for a few hours and then the IME is unavailable until next sign in.

In brief, to get the chinese input back, it need to sign out and sign in back and it will going to happen again continually.

Please tell me how to fix this.

Thank you.

Gamepad inputs turning into keyboard inputs on Windows 10 [​IMG]

*Picture above shows when it's unavailable.

Gamepad inputs turning into keyboard inputs on Windows 10 [​IMG]

*Picture above shows the language input setting

Steps that don't worked for me:
    - Alt + Shift
    - Win + Space
    - Setting the Chinese language as default language (worked for a while)

unidentified, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

Gamepad inputs turning into keyboard inputs on Windows 10

1. Gamepad inputs turning into keyboard inputs on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Gamepad inputs turning

2. Bluetooth gamepad inputs aren't recognized properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth gamepad inputs aren't recognized properly: When using a Bluetooth gamepad my inputs are incorrectly recognized.From what I can tell it's occurring with both my GameSir T4 Pro and my sony DS4.I went to the device and printer and it's not any individual game at fault the controllers X-crossDS4 and AGamesir are being...
  3. Keyboard random keyboard input; Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard random keyboard input; Windows 10: Running windows 10 latest version as of 4/15/2022. I am running into two different problems as of probably a month only on my computer at home. Using Corsair k70 low profile with Win 10. In the start menu if I go to type something it will occasionally type random...
  4. Keyboard random keyboard input; Windows 10

Keyboard random keyboard input; Windows 10: Running windows 10 latest version as of 4/15/2022. I am running into two different problems as of probably a month only on my computer at home. Using Corsair k70 low profile with Win 10. In the start menu if I go to type something it will occasionally type random...
  5. Keyboard random keyboard input; Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Keyboard Input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Input: Hello,Today set up Japanese input in the settings so that I can write in hiragana/katakana because I needed it for a task for school I set this up on my laptop a year ago and it works perfectly but then when I tried to set it up it would write the wrong character it was the...
  7. Keyboard Input

Keyboard Input: Hello,Today set up Japanese input in the settings so that I can write in hiragana/katakana because I needed it for a task for school I set this up on my laptop a year ago and it works perfectly but then when I tried to set it up it would write the wrong character it was the...
  8. Keyboard Input Stuttering and Input Locking

Keyboard Input Stuttering and Input Locking: I am having 2 similar issues involving my keyboard: When doing normal tasks typing documents, searching through YouTube, etc. my keyboard inputs stutter, when I type a full word the cursor freezes for a second then updates and inputs all of the previous letters I typed....
  9. keyboard inputs

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard inputs: Hello, My win 10 is in EN. My keyboard is AZERTY. I don't know from where all those keyboards come from neither how to get rid of them. It kept switching automatically from one to another in-game, This is so frustrating & discussing. .[ATTACH]...
  10. Keyboard input

Keyboard input: So I accidentally pressed two buttons on my keyboard (pretty sure it was left shift+alt or something similar) and now my shift+2 does not make the @ symbol. It has been switched with the key that creates the " symbol. So now if I press shift+2 it creates @ and if I press...