Windows 10: gamepad is not being detected by Windows 10

Discus and support gamepad is not being detected by Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm on Windows 10. When I plug in my mad catz gamepad the light blinks on then it turns off immediately. I do not see the gamepad anywhere in device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Barry Ellin, Jan 20, 2021.

1. gamepad is not being detected by Windows 10

I'm on Windows 10. When I plug in my mad catz gamepad the light blinks on then it turns off immediately. I do not see the gamepad anywhere in device manager, and it is not detected by any games. I tried different usb ports and it's the same for every port. I also changed my power plan to not put usb devices in standby but no luck there either. The gamepad was working previously but not anymore.

:)

Barry Ellin, Jan 20, 2021

2. F310 Gamepad detects as HID Keyboard and mouse (Windows 10)

I have a Logitech 310 Gamepad and windows 10. Sometimes the device works, but very rarely and I have no idea what triggers it to work properly.

Most of the time, the controller registers as an HID Mouse and an HID Keyboard (though I gather that it's supposed to show up as a Gamepad F310 when using X-input or Dual Action gamepad when using D-input).

Occasionally the gamepad gets detected properly and it works like it should. Sometimes this happens after waiting a while with it plugged in. Other times it's in the midst of flipping switches and settings. The gamepad has never worked immediately after being plugged in.

I have run the provided software (for windows 10, 64 bit), but the readme does not list windows 10 as an OS that it was designed for and it's dated 2010.
    I have rebooted with the controller plugged in.
    I have switched which USB port the controller is plugged into.
    I have made sure that the switch on the back is set to X, though I have also tried it set to D and tried switching it after it didn't seem to detect as the other.
    I have run windows 10's Set up a USB gamepad controller functionality (this worked once, but has not since). Most of the time the device doesn't show up on here at all.
    I have run the profiler while trying to get it recognized as I read that was someone's solution on the forum (though I have yet to see anyone claim their devices are showing up as HID keyboards or mice).

I am willing to try anything suggested, including things I have already tried if it means that I might have a reliable way of making this controller work.

Archmuffin, Jan 20, 2021
  3. windows 7 can't see my microsoft sidewinder gamepad

I'm trying to install a gamepad from the year 2000
    I tried adding a device automatically using "add device" under "hardware and sound" it never ended looking for devices and nothing showed so I cancel it, then I tried adding a legacy hardware under action menu on device manager but my device wasn't listed.

as a last try I used the game port to usb adapter but it detected it as unknown device and searched for microsoft drivers but there were no sidewinders listed.

this use to work under xp but is not listed or detected on win7 I need the driver for it it's a microsoft gamepad that uses the gameport to connect to the pc. Is there a wey to take the driver from the windows xp disc?

Miguel2013, Jan 20, 2021
  4. gamepad is not being detected by Windows 10

windows 10 gamepad problem

Hi Malav,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

After going through the following link I understand that your Gamepad is only compatible with Windows Vista or older versions. Therefore, it will not work in Windows 10.

http://www.enter-multimedia.com/gamepad_single_vibration.html

However, you may download the driver from the following link and run the driver using Windows 10 Compatibility troubleshooter.

http://www.enter-multimedia.com/support.html

Click on USB Gamepad, download the driver and then follow the steps below.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select
      Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

You may also refer the link below for more help.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

Make older apps or programs compatible with Windows 10

(Steps for Windows 8.1 are also applicable for Windows 10 in the above link)

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

gamepad is not being detected by Windows 10

1. gamepad is not being detected by Windows 10 - Similar Threads - gamepad being detected

2. Windows 10 detected double gamepad??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 detected double gamepad??: Hi. I'm connecting 2 USB gamepads to my Win10 laptop to play some old games Neogeo with my son. It's no problem when i connect only 1 gamepad, but cannot play if connect both of them at the same time.The Game Controllers setting is showing that I have connected 4 Twin...
  3. Windows 10 detected double gamepad??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 detected double gamepad??: Hi. I'm connecting 2 USB gamepads to my Win10 laptop to play some old games Neogeo with my son. It's no problem when i connect only 1 gamepad, but cannot play if connect both of them at the same time.The Game Controllers setting is showing that I have connected 4 Twin...
  4. ds4 is detected by win 10 pro x64 as pc gamepad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ds4 is detected by win 10 pro x64 as pc gamepad: Split from this thread. hi i have a big problem my ds4 is detected by win 10 pro x64 as pc gamepad every time i connected to pc what should i do?...
  5. gamepad is not being detected by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gamepad is not being detected by Windows 10: I'm on Windows 10. When I plug in my mad catz gamepad the light blinks on then it turns off immediately. I do not see the gamepad anywhere in device manager, and it is not detected by any games. I tried different usb ports and it's the same for every port. I also changed my...
  6. GamePad not being recognized in Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GamePad not being recognized in Games: Im using Window 10 laptop, Rysan 5. I have bought a Twin USB Gamepads. I cant use it to play my games, It is not shown on controls menu under options menu, even after doing the calibrations on Windows 10....
  7. Microphone not being detected on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone not being detected on Windows 10: Hey everyone! How are you all? I just wanted to ask does anyone know how to fix my issue. I currently own a MacBook Air 2018 with Windows 10 (Latest Version) bootcamped on to it. For some reason, despite the fact that my headphones are working fine on the macOS side of my...
  8. Logitech Gamepad F310 not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logitech Gamepad F310 not detected: Hi folks, I come with an issue I've spent hours trying to solve, to no avail. I own a Logitech F310 that's been working fine until I had to clean-install windows 10 yesterday. Now the thing won't connect. When I plug it in I get nothing, not the chime that you hear...
  9. Gamepad Not Being Recognized By Windows 10

Gamepad Not Being Recognized By Windows 10: A couple of months ago I had troubles with a game recognizing my PS4 Controller. In order to sort this out, I uninstalled the Gamepad device from my control panel and restarted my PC hoping that the device would be re-installed and my problems solved. Instead, this resulted...
  10. Mouse not being detected by Windows 10

Mouse not being detected by Windows 10: Tried plugging in a new mouse to USB and nothing. The mouse does not appear anywhere in settings, hardware etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mouse-not-being-detected-by-windows-10/205c45c1-7bb7-4bda-8713-bf9e6cc015bf