Windows 10: Gamepad / Joypad Hell Corner

Discus and support Gamepad / Joypad Hell Corner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; **This is an informative post , you can skip it if you are just here to help** I have been caught up with an issue with few gamepads i had that worked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Gamepad / Joypad Hell Corner

**This is an informative post , you can skip it if you are just here to help**

I have been caught up with an issue with few gamepads i had that worked just fine in the past but been giving me hell lately one windows 10 , the issue lead me to realize few facts that i want to share :

1 - Seems like Microsoft is trying to make it difficult for all manufacturers of gamepads / joypads were there are constant windows updates that breaks their drivers or might produce crashes with certain games , even the top of the line manufacturers might just surrender and tell their users their pad is not compatible with the game they are trying to play .

2 - Surprisingly Xbox 360 Controller for Windows seems to be the only smooth going pad of the bunch , knowing that the manufacturer is still microsoft might bring up the thought (aha no fair play) .

3 - While almost all controllers get detected and windows get to install a generic drivers for which , the driver 99% of the time randomly allocate the buttons (button B becomes RT1 , A becomes B etc) , at first this might seem like a minor problem , but then wait till you realize that the majority of games throw at you a reflex action input (Like games asking from you to press a certain button to block or hold to a cliff or swing a sword) only to realize the whole map of buttons are messed up and not following what's on screen .

4 - 90% of controllers on the market are whole sale whiteboxes (which are later sold and branded by other manufacturers) that are either produced by a company named Saitake or another named UCom , now that revealed you might just download these drivers and install em both (you shouldnt worry they would conflict , there is more here to worry you than conflicts) .

5 - While the majority of pads in market support force feed back (a.k.a vibration) generic drivers don't .

6 - Installing your official gamepad driver may show the vibration option but yet crash the driver or the game upon utilizing it .

7 - Upon consulting manufacturers if possible they would direct you to game maker , game maker on the other hand might direct you to just unpair / unplug the pad and call it non compatible if they ever reply .

8 - There is an odd work around to crashing gamepads that vibrates and that is to copy the file %Windir%\SysWOW64\joy.cpl and replace the file %Windir%\System32\joy.cpl (Might require you use a program called Unlocker because windows locks down joy.cpl with tight permissions) .

9 - Again non of these blahs happen with Xbox 360 Controller for Windows .

10 - Some gamepads plugged may cause the game not to load at all , so before you wonder about causes , remove gamepad before trying any new game .

11 - You may get suggestions that you should install your gamepad driver if you were on generic or uninstall the driver and revert to generic , just overlook these blahs and unplug / unpair the pad and save yourself the time it just wont work .

12 - There had been kind hearted developers who came up with an idea to create an emulator that deceives windows and games thinking the gamepad plugged is actually an Xbox 360 Controller for Windows and that kind of instantly solves all the problems you might be facing (the emulator is called TochaEdit x360) , the emulator itself isn't really that easy to deal with and might require trying different versions before landing on the one that is good for you or the game but meh , the bright side is , just one setup process per game and you just leave it there doing its thing (youtubers sometime help with the walk through or note which version suites which etc) .

So what is the bottom line here ? as you might have guessed , microsoft is just telling you its Xbox 360 Controller for Windows baby or you may just try sitting on devil's lap and sing see if they care .

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Sep 22, 2018

2. Windows 10 is not configuring joypad/gamepad

Hello everyone,

I have a gamepad/joypad which is not configuring with windows 10. Windows 10 is not showing any action after i plugged a joystick (Not a windows sound or any notification) So whats the problem?

Windows 10 or anything else?

Gamepad Manufacturers: Lanjue

Gamepad Model: L1000

Here is the Picture of Mine (Lanjue L1000)

Gamepad / Joypad Hell Corner a03196c6-717f-4530-88d5-8774d942d873.jpg

Ruh Ullah Sanwal, Sep 22, 2018
  3. Windows 10 is not configuring joypad/gamepad

1.Have you tried connecting the game pad to another PC and tried?

Answer: Yes I have tried to connect the gamepad on all PC's in my home and there is no response. All PC's has Windows 10 installed.

2.Have you tried connecting the Game Pad to another USB port ?

Answer: All USB ports are good and working. but gamepad is not working

3.Have you tried connecting another Game Pad to your PC ?

Answer: Yes I connected a Gamepad without joystick and vibration and its working.

Troubleshooting is not solving the problem.

Ruh Ullah Sanwal, Sep 22, 2018
  4. Gamepad / Joypad Hell Corner

Gamepad for lumia 730

I am using Lumia 730 from 2 months. I need a gamepad for asphalt 8, nova 3 like games. Suggest me some good gamepad.

ArghadipAdhikari, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

Gamepad / Joypad Hell Corner

1. Gamepad / Joypad Hell Corner - Similar Threads - Gamepad Joypad Hell

2. Intel Driver 15.40.45.5126 for 4th & 5th Gen to hold to - Hell Corner

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel Driver 15.40.45.5126 for 4th & 5th Gen to hold to - Hell Corner: Several years ago I wrote an article about how a glitch in Intel driver manages to show flickering and artification to proud owners of PCs and laptops of 4th and 5th Generation of Intel(R) HD Graphics Family even in dual GPUs setups . The flickering would still happen in...
  3. Microsoft Input Lag (Keyboards Acting Up) - Hell Corner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Input Lag (Keyboards Acting Up) - Hell Corner: So basically I have came to face the situation once of an acting up keyboard on a laptop that I had it replaced and everything got back to normal and I called it today , but this post isn't about this clearly brainless case . Its more about later on as I started having...
  4. Nvidia Laptop users using NVSlimmer beware - Hell Corner

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia Laptop users using NVSlimmer beware - Hell Corner: So this fine day I woke up to my laptop's second GPU being recognized as not working 3D Video Card , everything surrounding the case seemed like it went busted , it wouldn't update driver , attempting to remove the driver worked , but re-installing it using official stock...
  5. Gamepad

Gamepad: I'm having a problem with my gamepad.I went to device manager and found the device and in it's properties,general,device status i saw this: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) A request for the USB device descriptor failed. I've...
  6. Gamepad.

Gamepad.: Evining. I am having a problem with my gamepad. A few days ago it was working fine without problems and recently it stoped working. When i plug it in on my laptop my laptop doesnt even respond to show that im pluging in a device and the gamepad just vibrates untill i unplug...
  7. On upgrading your system beware of 16+ GBs RAM - Hell Corner

On upgrading your system beware of 16+ GBs RAM - Hell Corner: So basically I am writing this (Frequently Asked Yet Wrongly Answered Question) after realizing that there are minimal knowledge available about RAMs and their optimizations : Q - I have 8 GBs of RAM would buying 16 GBs make my system run faster ? A - A tech would answer...
  8. Laptop keyboards broken/double key after Windows updates - Hell Corner

Laptop keyboards broken/double key after Windows updates - Hell Corner: I have had a problem losing 2 laptop keyboards to 2 consecutive windows updates where I attempted to tackle the issue and here are my findings since I am starting to see this problem escalating to so many users of the forum and online : 1 - If you are like me with the habit...
  9. Windows 10 Automatic Driver Updates Hell Corner

Windows 10 Automatic Driver Updates Hell Corner: So it's been a month that i have been having a glitching windows that i have been clueless at first of why it is doing that , been having "Stub" errors on running anything that requires administrative rights from first go then works from the second go , at first received...
  10. Microsoft Store Hell Corner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Hell Corner: I have 2 laptops running windows 10 version 1709 that managed to develop issues almost the same time : Laptop 1 : Lately managed to hide a lot of store apps icons and tiles from start menu but I can still run them from store itself also leaving at the bottom of start...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to use generic gamepad with microsoft store