Windows 10: Gamepad Not Being Recognized By Windows 10

Discus and support Gamepad Not Being Recognized By Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A couple of months ago I had troubles with a game recognizing my PS4 Controller. In order to sort this out, I uninstalled the Gamepad device from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hi Im Noot, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Gamepad Not Being Recognized By Windows 10

A couple of months ago I had troubles with a game recognizing my PS4 Controller. In order to sort this out, I uninstalled the Gamepad device from my control panel and restarted my PC hoping that the device would be re-installed and my problems solved. Instead, this resulted in my PS4 controller not being recognized by my PC.

My PS4 controller AND my Xbox 1 controller don't show up in Device Manager or Control Panel and aren't even powered by my PC anymore (No light indication from LED). I've looked through multiple forums and have tried all sorts of workarounds, but nothing seems to work. And yes, I did run the Device Troubleshoot program to no avail.

Any sort of response would be helpful right now.

Thanks,

Noot.

:)

Hi Im Noot, Apr 23, 2019

2. Bluetooth gamepad recognized as keyboard

I bought bluetooth gamepad

It works fine with my Android phone, but Windows 10 PC recognizes it as bluetooth keyboard and asks me to enter pin on it.

How am I supposed to type numbers from 0-9 on gamepad?

Gamepad Not Being Recognized By Windows 10 4840d0dd-3d44-4e97-ba1c-1c57b93af710.png

EldinTurkic, Jun 28, 2019
  3. windows 10 gamepad problem

Hi Malav,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

After going through the following link I understand that your Gamepad is only compatible with Windows Vista or older versions. Therefore, it will not work in Windows 10.

http://www.enter-multimedia.com/gamepad_single_vibration.html

However, you may download the driver from the following link and run the driver using Windows 10 Compatibility troubleshooter.

http://www.enter-multimedia.com/support.html

Click on USB Gamepad, download the driver and then follow the steps below.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select
      Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

You may also refer the link below for more help.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

(Steps for Windows 8.1 are also applicable for Windows 10 in the above link)

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jun 28, 2019
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Gamepad Not Being Recognized By Windows 10

Help me guys... My redgear pro wired gamepad is not connecting

Hello
    MeenaBoy

Usually, this happens when the gamepad is not being recognized by your laptop anymore. To assist you with your concern, I would like to know the following:

• What changes have you made prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you installed the latest updates for Windows 10?
    • What is the current build number of your windows 10 laptop?
    • Since it is not showing in the Device Manager, have you check if it is listed under unknown devices?

To check for the latest update for Windows 10, click the
    Start button, go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update then select
    Check for updates. The current build of Windows 10 is 17134.228 which was released last August 14. Click the
    Start button again, type winver then press
    Enter
    to check the version and build number of your Windows 10 PC.

It's normal for the gamepad to have it's light on since it is still receiving power from the laptop even though it is not recognized.

In the meantime, I suggest you perform these troubleshooting steps to isolate the issue:

1. Try to remove other plug-and-Play devices to make sure that it is not overloaded.
    2. Connect the gamepad on a different USB port.
    3. Try to adjust the Power Management Settings. Here's how:
      • Right-click Start, and choose Device Manager.
      • Expand the USB Serial Bus controllers.
      • Right-click on the USB Root Hub and choose Properties.
      • Select Power Management.
      • Uncheck the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

We will wait for your response regarding this matter.

Jay Jap, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

Gamepad Not Being Recognized By Windows 10

1. Gamepad Not Being Recognized By Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Gamepad Being Recognized

2. My redgear gamepad is not recognized by the windows and the gamepad light is no turning on....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My redgear gamepad is not recognized by the windows and the gamepad light is no turning on....: I was using this controller for like just 3 months its good as new it worked fine yesterday, but today it didn't detect. This is what i got from the device manager. I updated all my ports, reinstalled it but still no good came out of it. So pls assist me....
  3. My redgear gamepad is not recognized by the windows and the gamepad light is no turning on....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My redgear gamepad is not recognized by the windows and the gamepad light is no turning on....: I was using this controller for like just 3 months its good as new it worked fine yesterday, but today it didn't detect. This is what i got from the device manager. I updated all my ports, reinstalled it but still no good came out of it. So pls assist me....
  4. Gamepad controller not fully recognized in Window 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gamepad controller not fully recognized in Window 10: Hello Microsoft Community,I was trying to connect my game controller in windows 10 and the controller is only partly recognized, if at all. Here is what I get... Going into the "Game Controller Settings", I not seeing the controller at all.What is the issue and how can I...
  5. Gamepad controller not fully recognized in Window 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gamepad controller not fully recognized in Window 10: Hello Microsoft Community,I was trying to connect my game controller in windows 10 and the controller is only partly recognized, if at all. Here is what I get... Going into the "Game Controller Settings", I not seeing the controller at all.What is the issue and how can I...
  6. gamepad is not being detected by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gamepad is not being detected by Windows 10: I'm on Windows 10. When I plug in my mad catz gamepad the light blinks on then it turns off immediately. I do not see the gamepad anywhere in device manager, and it is not detected by any games. I tried different usb ports and it's the same for every port. I also changed my...
  7. gamepad is not being detected by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    gamepad is not being detected by Windows 10: I'm on Windows 10. When I plug in my mad catz gamepad the light blinks on then it turns off immediately. I do not see the gamepad anywhere in device manager, and it is not detected by any games. I tried different usb ports and it's the same for every port. I also changed my...
  8. GamePad not being recognized in Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GamePad not being recognized in Games: Im using Window 10 laptop, Rysan 5. I have bought a Twin USB Gamepads. I cant use it to play my games, It is not shown on controls menu under options menu, even after doing the calibrations on Windows 10....
  9. Gamepad recognized as Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gamepad recognized as Keyboard: my gamepad is being recognized as a keyboard. I have tried reinstalling drivers and still no solution to this problem. theres no vibration for it anymore any solution?...
  10. Headphones not being recognized - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones not being recognized - Windows 10: I recently reset Windows and ever since my headphones have not been recognized. I have tried the following: - Restarting my PC - Updating drivers - Troubleshooting - Unplugging and plugging in the headphones - Manually installing drivers None of these have worked. Any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows bluetooth gamepadnot recognised

2. fc not recognized as controller

3. xbox one reciever not recognising x box one controller