Windows 10: Gamepad prevents monitor sleep after v2004

Discus and support Gamepad prevents monitor sleep after v2004 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Before the v2004 Windows 10 update, I had very annoying issue that wouldn't allow monitor to sleep if gamepad was plugged in. After searching for some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_thoax_, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Gamepad prevents monitor sleep after v2004

Before the v2004 Windows 10 update, I had very annoying issue that wouldn't allow monitor to sleep if gamepad was plugged in.

After searching for some fix, tried numerous things along the way, eventually found that disabling HID component in device manager that has Xbox360 gamepad description fixed the issue, monitor could sleep properly and gamepad worked just fine.

That is, until this new Windows 10 update. It gave us "new" version of the x360 driver and said fix no longer works.

Does anyone has any idea how to fix this?

I hate unplugging gamepad every time I finish gaming just so my monitor can sleep properly...

submitted by /u/_thoax_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/_thoax_, Jun 28, 2020

2. Preventing sleep on laptop/monitor

Hi Tricia,

In order to help you with your concern about preventing your Windows 10 not to go to sleep mode, may we request you to answer the following questions first:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer system prior to getting this issue?
    • What is the current Build and Version of your Windows 10 PC? To know these information follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type Winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • A small box will appear showing the current Build and
      Version
      of your PC.

(Should you need to update your PC, you may click on this
    link
    . This will also show you the update history for Windows 10.)

• Are you getting any error messages? If yes, kindly post it here.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

You may utilize the troubleshooting suggestions from the post of
    Aleksandr 10 in this thread, to remedy the
    automatic sleep that your device is displaying. This link has been helpful to a lot of Community members who had the same concern and may also be helpful in the issue at hand.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jun 28, 2020
  3. PC will not sleep during idle after upgrading to Windows 10

I found the culprit of the issue. After performing a clean install of Windows 10, I found that a gamepad connected to a USB port prevented the PC from sleeping on idle. When I disconnect the gamepad, the sleep timer works normally. It's weird because I
    never had that issue in Windows 8.1.

Joseph DeGarmo, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Gamepad prevents monitor sleep after v2004

Preventing sleep on laptop/monitor

I'm using a Lenovo pc with Windows 10. I have connected an hp Pavilion 27c monitor to it for work. I have set all sleep settings that I can find to never sleep but my screen goes black without warning within 2 minutes if my mouse isn't moving. How can
    I prevent this? I'm in "Green mode", my laptop stays plugged in, and it still blacks out.

Tricia0524, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Gamepad prevents monitor sleep after v2004

1. Gamepad prevents monitor sleep after v2004 - Similar Threads - Gamepad prevents monitor

2. Microsoft sculpt mouse preventing monitor sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft sculpt mouse preventing monitor sleep: I have gotten myself a microsoft sculpt mouse, I had had one in the past and it was a delightful product, and after many an ergonomic mouse that wore out way too soon I've returned to a better product. Now, the issue I am seeing with it is that this mouse prevents my monitors...
  3. Microsoft sculpt mouse preventing monitor sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft sculpt mouse preventing monitor sleep: I have gotten myself a microsoft sculpt mouse, I had had one in the past and it was a delightful product, and after many an ergonomic mouse that wore out way too soon I've returned to a better product. Now, the issue I am seeing with it is that this mouse prevents my monitors...
  4. Microsoft sculpt mouse preventing monitor sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Monitor won't go to sleep if gamepad is connected to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor won't go to sleep if gamepad is connected to PC: I remember this bug in Windows 10 and seems like it still appears in Windows 11 too. I don't even know if it's a bug or intentional, however it's really annoying, because whenever my gamepad is plugged to my computer, screen won't go off. I want to ask if there anything to...
  6. Monitor won't go to sleep if gamepad is connected to PC

Monitor won't go to sleep if gamepad is connected to PC: I remember this bug in Windows 10 and seems like it still appears in Windows 11 too. I don't even know if it's a bug or intentional, however it's really annoying, because whenever my gamepad is plugged to my computer, screen won't go off. I want to ask if there anything to...
  7. Gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode: Hello, as per title, gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode. Niether timed, neither enforced via console sleep works.I have three gamepads at my disposal, different brands, neither of them use any special software; and all three of them cause this problem. This issue...
  8. Gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode

Gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode: Hello, as per title, gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode. Niether timed, neither enforced via console sleep works.I have three gamepads at my disposal, different brands, neither of them use any special software; and all three of them cause this problem. This issue...
  9. Gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  10. Gamepad prevents my monitors and PCs from going to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Gamepad prevents my monitors and PCs from going to sleep: Hi, I own two PDP Rock Candy 360 gamepads for PC Windows 10, updated. If plugged, the Rock Candy prevents: - my monitor from going to sleep after some time of inactivity - my PC from going to sleep after some time of inactivity Tested on two different PCs and monitors....