Windows 10: Gamepass games flagged by AVG with IDP.Generic

Discus and support Gamepass games flagged by AVG with IDP.Generic in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently downloaded both Superhot MCD, and Nier Automata on PC Gamepass. After playing the game and exiting, AVG flags the .exe files as being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Goldensilver18, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Gamepass games flagged by AVG with IDP.Generic

I recently downloaded both Superhot MCD, and Nier Automata on PC Gamepass. After playing the game and exiting, AVG flags the .exe files as being infected with IDP.Generic.

I tried to upload the files to Virustotal to check if its just a false flag, but apparently I'm locked out of the WIndowsapps folder. It says I do not have permissions to see the files, which is odd since I am set as the Admin.

So, since I don't let me access to the folder, how about a definitive answer? Should I be worried that Gamepass games are infecting my PC with viruses, or can I safely allow them as exceptions? I would like to say I can trust MS enough to disregard them, but with all the Windows vulnerability issues in the news lately, I would rather be safe than sorry.

:)

Goldensilver18, Mar 22, 2021

2. AVG Zen and Error message 0xc0000005

Uninstalling the AVG management console (formerly known as AVG Zen)

Uninstalling the AVG management console (previously known as AVG Zen) | AVG

Uninstall the AVG management console

NOTE: Before uninstalling the AVG management console, you must first uninstall all AVG Products linked to your AVG management console by following steps in the section above.

Troubleshooting

1. If you experience issues uninstalling the AVG management console from your PC, try using
      AVG Clear or AVG Remover by following steps in the article below:
    2. If you are still unable to uninstall the AVG management console after following all steps in this article, contact

AVG Support

Bill Smithers, Mar 22, 2021
  3. glory of generals game dont work on windows 10

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• What happens when you launch Glory of Generals game?
    • Do you get any error message/code?
    • What do you mean by “it just to big to appear on the screan”?
    • Is this issue specific only with Glory of Generals game?
    I suggest you to install the Glory of Generals game in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right-click on the setup file of the game and select Properties.

2. Select Compatibility tab.

3. Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

4. Let the game run and then check the functionality.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Mar 22, 2021
  4. Voxeldust Win User

Gamepass games flagged by AVG with IDP.Generic

I have Gamepass PC and ever since I downloaded a game I've been getting errors when trying to download Gamepass Games. Help!

The other day I downloaded Forza Horizon 4 on PC with Gamepass, ever since then I've been getting the error code "0x80070424" whenever I try to install a Gamepass game from the store. I can download non-gamepass games but for some reason it just doesn't
    want to work with gamepass. What's going on here?

Voxeldust, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

Gamepass games flagged by AVG with IDP.Generic

1. Gamepass games flagged by AVG with IDP.Generic - Similar Threads - Gamepass games flagged

2. Powershell infected with IDP Generic by avast

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Powershell infected with IDP Generic by avast: Hi, please help me identify if this is a malware or not. Everytime I turn off avast and turn it on again i get a message saying avast is infected with malware. I gave it an exception to get the code. If it is a malware, what should I do? Please help. Thanks!...
  3. Gamepass PC games not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gamepass PC games not installing: Having an issue installing games on GamePass PC, when I try to install the download gets to 99% then it wont complete and just says error, error code it gives is 0x803fb107. I've tried reinstalling gaming services app, reinstalling the Xbox app and even tried using commands...
  4. Gamepass PC games not installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gamepass PC games not installing: Having an issue installing games on GamePass PC, when I try to install the download gets to 99% then it wont complete and just says error, error code it gives is 0x803fb107. I've tried reinstalling gaming services app, reinstalling the Xbox app and even tried using commands...
  5. Cannot launch gamepass games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot launch gamepass games: I bought the gamepass ultimate deal for $1 on my Xbox account, but everytime i try to play it pops up with an error saying, "File System Error" or telling me to purchase the game again. This has happened with all games I've launched from the Xbox and Windows store apps. Note,...
  6. Gaming services, gamepass games on PC not launching

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Gaming services, gamepass games on PC not launching: Launching a game on gamepass takes me to the Windows Store for Gaming services. The Gamepass app has a Fix Me Now link and I've tried troubleshooting but apparently there was an update that fixed this issue and I don't have the right OS version for that update. Gamepass...
  7. Can't download Gamepass games, and only gamepass games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download Gamepass games, and only gamepass games.: All of the sudden the other day, I can't install anything from gamepass. Through either the Xbox app or the Microsoft Store. I've reinstalled everything over powershell, I've reinstalled the gaming services, I've rebooted and reset the Xbox app, and use wsreset.exe multiple...
  8. Gaming Services & gamepass games won't install/update (GAMEPASS PC)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gaming Services & gamepass games won't install/update (GAMEPASS PC): I get error code 0x80073D26 for both. There is little on the internet about this error and it just started when GamingServices had an update pushed a few days ago. Since then I haven't been able to update or install it or the game apps from the xbox app or the MS store, but I...
  9. AVG

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AVG: I had AVG on my old computer with Windows 7, but had to buy a new computer with Windows 10. I want AVG for this computer too but cannot download it because I didn't get it from Microsoft store. AVG isn't a scam people, it's a good product and I want it on my new computer. Why...
  10. Gamepass games on PC not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Gamepass games on PC not working: I have a valid gamepass ultimate subscription and recently tried to play gamepass games on PC. I downloaded the app and installed Crosscode and The Messenger. When I try to launch the games through the Xbox PC app, the app minimizes and nothing happens. When I try to launch...