Windows 10: Gamertag linked to my account disappeared.

Discus and support Gamertag linked to my account disappeared. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I signed into my account with all my progress and games on it with the game pass, then I went to play a game and it asked to write a gamertag for me to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by TobaG24, Sep 28, 2019.

1. TobaG24 Win User

Gamertag linked to my account disappeared.

I signed into my account with all my progress and games on it with the game pass, then I went to play a game and it asked to write a gamertag for me to be shown with. So I wrote a possible gamertag after trying my own and it said it was taken. Now all progress has disappeared, I cant access my old gamertag with all progress on it. Which had my original account linked to it.

Does anyone know how to redeem a gamertag I can no longer access back to my account?

:)

TobaG24, Sep 28, 2019

2. profile/gamertag

Hi Fiona,

The email address that you used to create your child's Xbox Live account should be the same as the email address that you will use to log in on Windows 10. Once you are logged in to the same email address, it will show the same Xbox Profile, gamerscore and
    achievements.

To better assist you with your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Is there an email address attached to your child's account on the Xbox 360?
    • Did you create a new Microsoft Account or email address for the Child account online?

If the child account on Xbox 360 is not attached to an email address, follow the steps on this

link
    to connect an offline profile to a Microsoft Account and join Xbox Live.

If it is already connected to an email address in your Xbox 360, you can go to this

link
    and follow the steps to change the email.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Linking a Contact to their gamertag

Hi Jake,

Gamer tag is a online alter-ego for Xbox. Your gamertag represents you when you’re playing games and sharing with other people in the Xbox community.We’ll create a gamertag for you the first time you sign in to Xbox. If you don’t like
    it, you get to change it once for free.
    • To change your gamertag in Windows 10, open the Xbox app and select your gamerpic to open your profile. Then go to
      Customize > Change gamertag and follow the instructions.
    • To change it on your Xbox One, double-tap the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide, then select
      Sign in, select your gamerpic, and select My profile >
      Customize profile. Then select your gamertag and either pick a suggested one or make your own.

For further assistance: My account : Gamertag and profile

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Gamertag linked to my account disappeared.

Is there a way to replace the Gamertag on my Microsoft account with the Gamertag from my old Microsoft account?

My main Gamertag is linked to my old email address and I want to link it to my current address to stop having to sign in and out on my browser when I use different Microsoft services, and just so it's on the email address
    I actually use. The problem is, I can't even attempt this step because I have a Gamertag linked to my current email address which I've obviously just set up and never used, and I can't find a way to delete it without deleting my whole Microsoft account. I
    went through the steps on my Xbox 360 to change the account my unused Gamertag is linked to (I just created a throwaway 3rd Microsoft account) but it wouldn't let and sent me here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/errors/error-code-0X8015402d which tells
    me "You can’t move your gamertag to another Microsoft account."

Please help me out as this has been bugging me for years.

JoeyJoeJoeJr, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Gamertag linked to my account disappeared.

1. Gamertag linked to my account disappeared. - Similar Threads - Gamertag linked account

2. my minecraft account that was linked to this microsoft account has disappeared.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my minecraft account that was linked to this microsoft account has disappeared.: I am able to log into the minecraft.net page however i look at accounts and the minecraft account no longer exists. I have not given out any personal information that anyone can use to access the account....
  3. my minecraft account that was linked to this microsoft account has disappeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my minecraft account that was linked to this microsoft account has disappeared.: I am able to log into the minecraft.net page however i look at accounts and the minecraft account no longer exists. I have not given out any personal information that anyone can use to access the account....
  4. Moving a GamerTag to a Child Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Moving a GamerTag to a Child Account: My oldest son registered and setup a GamerTag years ago, under my parents account and email. He has grown up and moved on, but my next son is using that account. Unfortunately that account and GamerTag is associated with the organizer role. I don't want him to lose his...
  5. REMOVE OR DELETE Xbox gamertag associated with windows account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    REMOVE OR DELETE Xbox gamertag associated with windows account: I do not play xbox. I have no desire to play xbox. I did not request this gamertag or approve it being made for me. I have no desire to change my gamertag name. I want to REMOVE ALL ASSOCIATION from the gamertag. I DO NOT want suggestions on how to switch it or hide it or...
  6. wrong gamertag

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    wrong gamertag: I accidently put a different name for my account when I was trying to change my name, can I get a free name change? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-gamertag/ff355968-4f80-411f-a92a-1d038cea3c00
  7. Gamertag

Gamertag: I have a gamertag I do not want to use against my email address, how do I remove this but keep my email address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gamertag/819c8704-9c0e-4fa8-b09a-4350c2f2d953
  8. Link My Accounts

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Link My Accounts: How do I link my two Microsoft accounts that are both @gmail.com? I am trying to add my laptop device to one of my accounts where I just bought an app that I would like to use on my new laptop. Your help is appreciated....
  9. No way to change Gamertags

No way to change Gamertags: Hi, First time for me here. I don't have Xbox, but with my Windows10 I see that I have an account linked to my microsoft account. This account seems to have a random name I've never setted anything for that. I try to change this gamertag but nothing work I still have the...
  10. Transfer Xbox Live Gamertag from my Mom's Microsoft account to my own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Xbox Live Gamertag from my Mom's Microsoft account to my own: Hi, I created my X-box live gamer tag when I was a teenager under my mom's Microsoft account however now that I'm an adult and living on my own I have my own Microsoft account I'd like to transfer it to so I don't need to bother her every time I need to do something to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is my pc linked to my xbox gamertag

2. gamertag no longer attached to old email address