Windows 10: Games Act as if I had a controller connected, need help!

Discus and support Games Act as if I had a controller connected, need help! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello guys, Some of my games show me the controller layout when i start them up and then start scrolling up endlessly in menus and let me move forward... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Gandorhar, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Games Act as if I had a controller connected, need help!

Hello guys,

Some of my games show me the controller layout when i start them up and then start scrolling up endlessly in menus and let me move forward in games without me giving any input. I dont have any virtual controllers installed and no controller connected to my PC. Does Win10 has some kind of Virtual Controller by default? I couldnt find any help on google so I was thinking maybe someone here has an idea what the problem could be.

Btw. if i remove my mouse it swaps to mouse layout for a second but then jumps back to controller and starts scrolling again. If anyone has an idea i would be very thankfull!

submitted by /u/Gandorhar
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Gandorhar, Dec 8, 2019

2. Game controller ID settings

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the update. I understand your concern.

I would suggest you to look for the Devices settings in Control Panel and check if the game controllers are listed. If so, refer to the following steps to alter the settings and check if these are helpful in resolving your issue.

a. Right click on one of your game controllers and click Game Controller Settings. Note where in the list it is. If it is not at the top proceed to the next step.

b. Right click and remove all your other controllers (not the 360/gamepad) and let them reinstall automatically.

c. Once complete right click and check the list again and see if the 360 controller/gamepad is at the top. If so, give the game another try and see if it detects your controller.

If the issue still persists, restart your console and then try to reconnect your controller.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post back your results for further assistance.

Harkanwar Singh, Dec 8, 2019
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Mala_S Win User

Games Act as if I had a controller connected, need help!

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Games Act as if I had a controller connected, need help!

1. Games Act as if I had a controller connected, need help! - Similar Threads - Games Act controller

2. i need help with my controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help with my controller: Hello,I have read that a recent win10 update included the Xbox One controller drivers, and all you need to do is plug it in. However, when I plug a controller in and press the home button it only flashes until it times out and does not get recognized. When plugging the...
  3. i need help with my controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i need help with my controller: Hello,I have read that a recent win10 update included the Xbox One controller drivers, and all you need to do is plug it in. However, when I plug a controller in and press the home button it only flashes until it times out and does not get recognized. When plugging the...
  4. i need help with my controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I had BSOD. Need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had BSOD. Need help: Here logs of last startup https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EMbMEfB7fHdIse13ebqQWuuNSKNTm4Kz/view?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-bsod-need-help/8e97e4e9-84b4-46c9-89b8-3ad12f8041d9
  6. I had BSOD. Need help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I had BSOD. Need help: Here logs of last startup https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EMbMEfB7fHdIse13ebqQWuuNSKNTm4Kz/view?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-bsod-need-help/8e97e4e9-84b4-46c9-89b8-3ad12f8041d9
  7. Xbox one controller acting buggy in game

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox one controller acting buggy in game: I've recently started using my xbox one controller on my pc and for whatever reason it's not accepting button/trigger input quite often, and it's also acting as if the trigger is being pressed in when the controller isn't being touched. This happens whether the controller is...
  8. Need help with controller

Need help with controller: Is there a way to make the controller pair on startup? like without having to go on bluethoot settings remove the association and re connect it? So once i start windows 10 the controller is already paired and i can play at some games? submitted by /u/tyzerk_ [link]...
  9. Need help connecting a DS4 controller to windows.

Need help connecting a DS4 controller to windows.: Hello, I've been trying to help a friend who has just got his first gaming pc, he wants to use his ps4 controller. The trouble is, windows is detecting the controller as "wireless controller" but no games or steam will detect them. He's using a cable to connect it to his PC....
  10. I need help. Browsers acting up.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need help. Browsers acting up.: I'm very angry right now. Microsoft is sabotaging my PC so I can't use any browser but Edge. Any browser with Chromium stops working on my PC. I click the icon for Chrome or AVG and all I get is THIS: [ATTACH] I'm getting tired of this. I've tried to uninstall and...