Windows 10: Games always crash after an inconsistent amount of time!

Discus and support Games always crash after an inconsistent amount of time! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Reinstalling Java might fix Minecraft, but it won't help with GTAV, since it doesn't use Java. And don't just blindly follow the advice about changing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KingCrepe, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Games always crash after an inconsistent amount of time!

Reinstalling Java might fix Minecraft, but it won't help with GTAV, since it doesn't use Java. And don't just blindly follow the advice about changing disk modes in the BIOS (AHCI, RAID, SATA, IDE), it's a good way to get a BSOD, which is difficult to fix. Windows installs according to what mode is already set in the BIOS, if you later change it from say IDE to AHCI then Windows probably won't boot. @essenbe should have warned about that.

AnonVendetta, Sep 26, 2017
  2. KingCrepe Win User

Yes I did a clean installation, but left all the boxes ticked. I did what you said, unticked every box except graphics driver and physx. Today I got another crash on minecraft, in the form of my whole monitor turned light blue. I tried to capture it with snipping tool/print screen, but it just captured the desktop beneath the blue screen. Force closing minecraft (the java processes which is minecraft) got rid of the blue screen. I have had this before, so it is not the first time this has happened, evidently it still crashes. GTAV also still crashes in the same way as before.

KingCrepe, Sep 26, 2017
  3. essenbe Win User
    Do you have a way to verify the game files?

Also please go into bios, check your sata mode (IDE, AHCI or Raid). See which it is. Next please set Optimized Defaults (F5 on most boards), go back and make sure the sata mode is the same as it was when you checked it. Save and exit. Change nothing else.

essenbe, Sep 27, 2017
  4. KingCrepe Win User

Games always crash after an inconsistent amount of time!

I replaced the RAM in my computer and the games haven't crashed for 8 hours of game time now. Success so far!

KingCrepe, Sep 30, 2017
  5. KingCrepe Win User
    Thanks for all your help. And everyone elses too *Smile

KingCrepe, Sep 30, 2017
  6. Dude Win User
    Glad you fixed it *Thumbs

Thema:

Games always crash after an inconsistent amount of time!

1. Games always crash after an inconsistent amount of time! - Similar Threads - Games always crash

2. PC crashes after playing games for random amount of time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes after playing games for random amount of time: I've been playing a game called Valorant and my PC started crashing more often than it used to I've tried everything including windows reset. reseating the RAM sticks updating drivers and windows my specs are. RTX 3060 12gb I5 11600k Z-490 A PRO motherboard16GB of DDR4...
  3. PC crashes after playing games for random amount of time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashes after playing games for random amount of time: I've been playing a game called Valorant and my PC started crashing more often than it used to I've tried everything including windows reset. reseating the RAM sticks updating drivers and windows my specs are. RTX 3060 12gb I5 11600k Z-490 A PRO motherboard16GB of DDR4...
  4. PC crashes after playing games for random amount of time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. All my games crashing except Rocket League after inconsistent amounts of time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my games crashing except Rocket League after inconsistent amounts of time: I bought a prebuilt PC several months ago since I didn't want to keep waiting for a graphics card. I started to have issues with my games crashing about a month after I got it. I'm at my wit's end. Whenever I play any of my games, except Rocket League, they always crash. The...
  6. All my games crashing except Rocket League after inconsistent amounts of time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my games crashing except Rocket League after inconsistent amounts of time: I bought a prebuilt PC several months ago since I didn't want to keep waiting for a graphics card. I started to have issues with my games crashing about a month after I got it. I'm at my wit's end. Whenever I play any of my games, except Rocket League, they always crash. The...
  7. inconsistent crashing

inconsistent crashing: I've been receiving BSODs with the error "IRQL_NOT_GREATER_OR_EQUAL", for a few time this last few weeks or so. I haven't been able to catch the actual specific error code yet, as before I can screenshot the screen my computer has already reset. BugCheek in Eventveiwer says...
  8. Applications keep crashing after certain amount of time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Applications keep crashing after certain amount of time: [ATTACH] This has been going on for about a month or so. After running my computer for an hour or so, most the applications will either shut down, or freeze entirely. Even if I'm not using my pc, and I leave chrome running in the background then it will still crash Chrome...
  9. Screen Time Inconsistancies

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Screen Time Inconsistancies: I have been trying to debug Screen Time limits for my son. It appears that when the times he logs in and logs out WHICH I can pull from the machines System event logs are NOT being recorded consistently. IN FACT, His MS account reports DIFFERENT Screen Time numbers than MINE...
  10. NDIS_INTENAL_ERROR - PC always crashing after some time

NDIS_INTENAL_ERROR - PC always crashing after some time: Hi, so friend of mine recently encountered an issue with his PC. His PC started to crash after 20 minutes of boot every single time. So, after he realized that something is wrong, he went to the "PC repair shop". The guys from the shop did not find anything. They...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. minecraft crashing after some amount of time