Windows 10: Games and other applications keep crashing on Windows 10, no fix seems to work.

Discus and support Games and other applications keep crashing on Windows 10, no fix seems to work. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I recently bought a new pc (specs: GIGABYTE B450 AORUS ELITE AM4 AMD B450 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard, EVGA 650 B3, 80 Plus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AaronRZ, Jan 10, 2019.

1. AaronRZ Win User

Games and other applications keep crashing on Windows 10, no fix seems to work.

So I recently bought a new pc (specs: GIGABYTE B450 AORUS ELITE AM4 AMD B450 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard,
    EVGA 650 B3, 80 Plus Bronze 650W, Fully Modular, EVGA ECO Mode, Compact 150mm Size, Power Supply 220-B3-0650-V1,

G.SKILL Aegis 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) Intel Z170 Platform Memory (Desktop Memory) Model F4-3000C16D-16GISB,

AMD RYZEN 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz (3.9 GHz Max Boost) Socket AM4 65W YD2600BBAFBOX Desktop Processor,

ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1070 Ti DirectX 12 ZT-P10710B-10P 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card - AMP! EXTREME Edition,

WD Blue 3D NAND 1TB PC SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s M.2 2280 Solid State Drive - WDS100T2B0B) and I installed windows 10 pro on it for gaming. Immediately, I started getting crashes. The event viewer turns up faulty application paths and faulty module paths no matter what I do, while some games crash and show an error message that my GPU is not responding, I have tried every fix imaginable for this issue, from using SFC/SCANNOW (which says I have corrupted files, and upon using DISM to repair them the problem just comes back) to completely resetting and reinstalling windows (deleting all my files). Each fix usually works for about a day, but then the problem comes back. Is this a hardware issue, and if so, which piece of hardware is the issue? I spent good money on the PC for it to do one thing, and it won't do that, which is very frustrating.

:)

AaronRZ, Jan 10, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 10, 2019
  3. Games keep crashing on Windows 10.

Hi,

I would like to inform that the games which were working in previous Operating System may or may not work in Windows 10 due to compatibility issues. I suggest you to check for the latest version of the games which are not working, check compatibility
    with Windows 10 and install. If the latest version is not available or if the games are not compatible, suggest you to install the games in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below:

• Download the setup files for the game nd save it on your local disk.

• Right click on the setup file of the game and select
      “Properties”.

• Select “Compatibility” Tab.

• Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

• Let the game install and then check thefunctionality.
    Let us know the status of the issue.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jan 10, 2019
  4. Games and other applications keep crashing on Windows 10, no fix seems to work.

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

Games and other applications keep crashing on Windows 10, no fix seems to work.

1. Games and other applications keep crashing on Windows 10, no fix seems to work. - Similar Threads - Games applications keep

2. Title font for windows 10 and other applications are very small. How to fix?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Title font for windows 10 and other applications are very small. How to fix?: Hello, I have had a problem recently with the title font sizes of my laptop (Huawei MateBook x Pro). The title font sizes are very small but normal font sizes for windows and other applications are fine. This problem occurred one morning where I just opened up my laptop and...
  3. DirectX Isn't Working For Games And Applications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX Isn't Working For Games And Applications: Hello, I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out with this problem I've been experiencing for about a day now. I've had my computer for over a year now and I would consider it better than just a casual computer so I don't understand what exactly is...
  4. Browser and Applications Keep Crashing After CHKDSK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browser and Applications Keep Crashing After CHKDSK: Hello, Recently I've noticed that my PC was performing slowly and saw that my DISK Usage was constantly at 100% for extended periods of time, especially when I open a Game / Application. After some research on how to fix this problem I came across a possible solution in...
  5. Windows 10 keep crashing...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 keep crashing...: My win 10 keeps crashing every 35 mins - 2 hours since i updated it 2-3 days ago... The crash isnt common it shows me some white screen with little black lines... And i need to reset my pc to continiue what i was working on......
  6. windows 10 keeps crashing.

windows 10 keeps crashing.: recently i've gotten a dell inspiron 3847 i5 w/ windows 10 pro that was upgraded from windows 7 pro. the build on it is 17134.165. this is the problem i'm having: any time i play a game or use any sort of app for an extended period of time, my computer crashes with that...
  7. free games keep crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    free games keep crashing: Good Evening I have another problem, when I am playing one of the free games. I can click on to it, and then start to play then just out of the blue it buffers and then diapers, losing my place in the game point lost so I then have to log into the games again and start...
  8. USB Microphone Works in Windows Sound But Not in Other Applications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Microphone Works in Windows Sound But Not in Other Applications: My USB mic works in windows sound (I can click listen to device and hear) but not in other applications such as Teamspeak 3, Discord and Skype. I have tried reinstalling my audio drivers and repair installing windows. I have the latest Realtek audio drivers, latest windows...
  9. Windows 10 keep crashing

Windows 10 keep crashing: Hello I recently bought windows 10 for my mother and the pc hast been running stable since. She plays games here GameTwist - Play online on Europe's biggest gaming platform - for free! and always crashes while playing. I hope someone can tell me where the problem is so i...
  10. The VirtualRegistry compatibility fix doesn't seem to work

in Windows 10 Support
    The VirtualRegistry compatibility fix doesn't seem to work: Dear forum readers, I've been trying to have it working for a few hours now, to no avail. What I do : Create two registry keys on HKCU : NHR1 and NHR2, as follows : Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\NHR1] "Test"="A"...