Windows 10: Games and other applications keep crashing on Windows 10, no fix seems to work.

Discus and support Games and other applications keep crashing on Windows 10, no fix seems to work. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I recently bought a new pc (specs: GIGABYTE B450 AORUS ELITE AM4 AMD B450 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard, EVGA 650 B3, 80 Plus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AaronRZ, Jan 10, 2019.

1. AaronRZ Win User

Games and other applications keep crashing on Windows 10, no fix seems to work.

So I recently bought a new pc (specs: GIGABYTE B450 AORUS ELITE AM4 AMD B450 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard,
    EVGA 650 B3, 80 Plus Bronze 650W, Fully Modular, EVGA ECO Mode, Compact 150mm Size, Power Supply 220-B3-0650-V1,

G.SKILL Aegis 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) Intel Z170 Platform Memory (Desktop Memory) Model F4-3000C16D-16GISB,

AMD RYZEN 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz (3.9 GHz Max Boost) Socket AM4 65W YD2600BBAFBOX Desktop Processor,

ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1070 Ti DirectX 12 ZT-P10710B-10P 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card - AMP! EXTREME Edition,

WD Blue 3D NAND 1TB PC SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s M.2 2280 Solid State Drive - WDS100T2B0B) and I installed windows 10 pro on it for gaming. Immediately, I started getting crashes. The event viewer turns up faulty application paths and faulty module paths no matter what I do, while some games crash and show an error message that my GPU is not responding, I have tried every fix imaginable for this issue, from using SFC/SCANNOW (which says I have corrupted files, and upon using DISM to repair them the problem just comes back) to completely resetting and reinstalling windows (deleting all my files). Each fix usually works for about a day, but then the problem comes back. Is this a hardware issue, and if so, which piece of hardware is the issue? I spent good money on the PC for it to do one thing, and it won't do that, which is very frustrating.

:)

AaronRZ, Jan 10, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 10, 2019
  3. Games keep crashing on Windows 10.

Hi,

I would like to inform that the games which were working in previous Operating System may or may not work in Windows 10 due to compatibility issues. I suggest you to check for the latest version of the games which are not working, check compatibility
    with Windows 10 and install. If the latest version is not available or if the games are not compatible, suggest you to install the games in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below:

• Download the setup files for the game nd save it on your local disk.

• Right click on the setup file of the game and select
      “Properties”.

• Select “Compatibility” Tab.

• Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

• Let the game install and then check thefunctionality.
    Let us know the status of the issue.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jan 10, 2019
  4. Games and other applications keep crashing on Windows 10, no fix seems to work.

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

Games and other applications keep crashing on Windows 10, no fix seems to work.

1. Games and other applications keep crashing on Windows 10, no fix seems to work. - Similar Threads - Games applications keep

2. Windows applications keep crashing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows applications keep crashing: Lately when I start a Windows application like Camera or Calculator, it closes immediately and won't start. Any ideas how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-applications-keep-crashing/18949892-1090-4fca-8b15-c98bbf3b7ec9
  3. Windows applications keep crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows applications keep crashing: Lately when I start a Windows application like Camera or Calculator, it closes immediately and won't start. Any ideas how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-applications-keep-crashing/18949892-1090-4fca-8b15-c98bbf3b7ec9
  4. Windows applications keep crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 games keep crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 games keep crashing: For some reason, any game that I download off of the microsoft store always ends up crashing, such as Minecraft Bedrock, Astroneer, and Sea of Thieves. I have been searching for months as to why this is and I have uninstalled and reinstalled them all. I made sure that the pc...
  6. Windows 10 Hypervisor Server Keeps Crashing - No Troubleshooting Seems to Fix

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Hypervisor Server Keeps Crashing - No Troubleshooting Seems to Fix: Windows 10 Pro Version - OS Build 19042.789 I have a Windows 10 machine that I use solely as my Docker & Plex server which is kept switched on 24/7. It is a headless server which is why I never get to see what happens but when I connect a HDMI cable to see the screen after...
  7. Windows Search Crashing and Other applications Crashing

in Cortana
    Windows Search Crashing and Other applications Crashing: Hey, I've been having this issue where My windows Search freezes or crashes. Please Help [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-crashing-and-other-applications/3cbab76f-ac18-4646-82e6-4033c0cadbaa
  8. various games seem to crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    various games seem to crash: Games such as Rainbow six siege, PUBG and assassins creed odyssey crash whenever I start them up. I haven't been able to identify the issue. This is the crash report for Rainbow six siege. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! -Provider [ Name] Windows Error Reporting...
  9. Random crashes with seemingly no fix

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random crashes with seemingly no fix: A brief run down of my situation, in the most logical way I can present it: Built a gaming PC running Windows 10 about a year ago. Smooth sailing, no real issues, but totally forgot to format my extra internal hard drive. Finally reached a point where I needed the extra...
  10. Applications keep crashing on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Applications keep crashing on Windows 10 Pro: I purchased a Lenovo X1 Extreme Gen 2 recently and it was running perfectly until about 2 weeks ago. Lately Brave browser and Microsoft Word/Excel have been crashing. Google Chrome also has many issues loading basic shopping websites, or I’ll have to sign in every two...