Windows 10: Games/Apps are not visible?

Discus and support Games/Apps are not visible? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I've had Windows 10 for about, roughly maybe a month now. I have had it back in 2015 when it first got released, or at least that's the driver that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Zerren, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Zerren Win User

Games/Apps are not visible?

So I've had Windows 10 for about, roughly maybe a month now. I have had it back in 2015 when it first got released, or at least that's the driver that I had for it, and ended up downgrading to Windows 8. Multiple years later, I upgraded to Windows 10 again, and after some time found that most of my Steam Games no longer worked. The games are not visible and despite being able to hear the audio of the game, when I click on them all it does is show my desktop. I have updated Unity, updated my drivers for windows 10, re-installed the game, ran as admin, changed compatibility, yet none of this seems to work. Am I missing something vital that I haven't realized?

:)

Zerren, Nov 26, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Improvements to Windows Store apps and games visibility

Source: Improvements to Windows Store apps and games visibility | Building Apps for Windows

Brink, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Game Apps

Based on the error you've received, this seems to be due to corrupted Store cache. We suggest manually resetting the Store app from the Settings menu. Here are the steps:

• Click Start, then Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps & features.
    • Find the Store app, then click Reset.
    • Click Reset again to confirm.
    • Restart your device so that the changes will take effect. Sign in to the app. Launch the game and check if the same issue occurs.

We also recommend accessing the game from the Start menu. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.
    • Select All apps, and then find your game in the list. Check if you encounter the same issue.

We also recommend signing in to a different user profile. This can help determine if this is due to corrupted user profile. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon from the bottom-left corner of the main screen.
    • Select your account name from the top-left corner of the menu, and then select Switch account.
    • Sign in with an account other than the one you were using.
    • Restart the game to see if it works correctly.

If you don't have a different user profile, kindly perform the steps provided on this link

Catherine Cus., Nov 26, 2018
  4. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Games/Apps are not visible? - Similar Threads - Games Apps are

2. Installed app not visible in START

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Installed app not visible in START: My windows 10 Pro desktop OS has done this several times with my VPN program, Hotspot Shield. Hotspot Shield is installed but not visible in START. Nor is there a desktop icon. So why does stupid windows 10 Pro allow this to happen? And how to I fix, as it will probably...
  3. Installed app not visible in START

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed app not visible in START: My windows 10 Pro desktop OS has done this several times with my VPN program, Hotspot Shield. Hotspot Shield is installed but not visible in START. Nor is there a desktop icon. So why does stupid windows 10 Pro allow this to happen? And how to I fix, as it will probably...
  4. Installed app not visible in START

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Apps not visible in Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps not visible in Search: I don´t know what I´ve done but all of my office apps like word, excel etc. aren´t showing up in the start menu. They aren´t showing up in the search field neither and also not in the Apps -> Apps and Features in the Preferences. But they are defenitely installed and I can...
  6. Apps not visible in Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps not visible in Search: I don´t know what I´ve done but all of my office apps like word, excel etc. aren´t showing up in the start menu. They aren´t showing up in the search field neither and also not in the Apps -> Apps and Features in the Preferences. But they are defenitely installed and I can...
  7. The review section is Not visible in Microsoft Store for a App/ Game

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The review section is Not visible in Microsoft Store for a App/ Game: I can't rate any app /game in Microsoft store, the problem is from one week and plz help me to fix the bugyou can see in the screenshot below :...
  8. Sideload apps option not visible.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sideload apps option not visible.: In order to update creative cloud, I have to turn on sideload apps, but this option is not visibile to me. Windows 10 Pro [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sideload-apps-option-not-visible/f1fb6549-b53d-49c7-ab78-8be0698bf0b9
  9. Games/Apps not launching but visible in task manager for few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games/Apps not launching but visible in task manager for few seconds: I was playing games stored in my external hard drive, but my internal hard drive crashed. I got a new hard drive and installed windows 10 1803 in it, set it up from beginning. But now whenever I run the same games from my external hard drive they do not work. I double click...
  10. Improvements to Windows Store apps and games visibility

in Windows 10 News
    Improvements to Windows Store apps and games visibility: Windows Store has received feedback from some developers who were not able to find their apps in the Store and we’ve been working hard to improve app visibility. In addition to improving app visibility, later this month the Store will also optimize the algorithms that...