Windows 10: games are being "suspended"

Discus and support games are being "suspended" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; when im playing games, they just freeze or close down and when i look at task manager it says they have been suspended, but im not sure why.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by alexsturt, Apr 29, 2021.

1. alexsturt Win User

games are being "suspended"

when im playing games, they just freeze or close down and when i look at task manager it says they have been suspended, but im not sure why.

:)

alexsturt, Apr 29, 2021

2. Suspended Game

Please i need help

After i updated my windows 10,some of my game cant be played like GTA 5,Batman Arkham Knight.

Before my laptop updated it was fine,i can play them without problem. But after i updated it whenever i opened them,the game was close by self,and then i checked on my task manager and the status say before the game close is suspended,please help me thank
    you

MickeyJonez, Apr 29, 2021
  3. Wilfredo_Soto, Apr 29, 2021
  4. alexl102 Win User

Can't install a game as there is already a 'suspended installation'?

Hi,

I'm trying to install a couple of games on a friend's laptop -

• Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 (RA3)
    • Command & Conquer: Tiberian Twilight 4 (TT4).

The laptop's an Acer Aspire V5-552 with an AMD Quad A8-5557M processor, 512mb graphics and 8GB RAM, running Windows 8.1.

Game specs are:

• Intel Core 2/AMD64 or better (RA3 states '2.6GHz or faster' - this laptop has a turbo boost up to 3.1?)
    • 1 - 1.5GB RAM
    • 10GB Hard Drive Space
    • 256mb video card with support for shader model 3
    • Directx 9.0
    When I try and install RA3, it says it can't complete because there is a Suspended Installation
    of TT4. It asks me if I want to remove the relevant files, which I say Yes to, but that dialogue box just keeps coming back.

If I put TT4 in instead and try and run the installer, it allows me to hit Install > English > Agree > Standard Installation and then says
    The program cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file.

It seems to me like I need to find this 'suspended installation' and get rid of it - but I can't find anything. Is that right, and if so, how?!

Please can someone help?

(I have also posted this on another forum but posting here too as there are usually some really helpful people around games are being "suspended" :) )

alexl102, Apr 29, 2021
Thema:

1. games are being "suspended" - Similar Threads - games are being

2. Game Bar being suspended by UWP process for better performance, is there a way to stop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar being suspended by UWP process for better performance, is there a way to stop...: As soon as i make window+G to open Game Bar, i can see in the task manager the Game Bar process passing from suspended to executed but never open and go back to suspended by UWP process, I've tried EVERY SINGLE article on here and even got to some weird forum about window 11...
  3. Game Bar being suspended by UWP process for better performance, is there a way to stop...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game Bar being suspended by UWP process for better performance, is there a way to stop...: As soon as i make window+G to open Game Bar, i can see in the task manager the Game Bar process passing from suspended to executed but never open and go back to suspended by UWP process, I've tried EVERY SINGLE article on here and even got to some weird forum about window 11...
  4. Games are being suspended by windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games are being suspended by windows.: As it seems after a while of gaming around an hour to two hours of gaming. The game will then suddenly freeze and looking through task manager you can see there is a little green leaf near the process tab. There was one article on the same forum about a year ago that showed...
  5. Games are being suspended by windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games are being suspended by windows.: As it seems after a while of gaming around an hour to two hours of gaming. The game will then suddenly freeze and looking through task manager you can see there is a little green leaf near the process tab. There was one article on the same forum about a year ago that showed...
  6. Games are being suspended by windows.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Application being suspended.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application being suspended.: Hi, Whenever I try to launch a game it always gets suspended in task manager, and I do not have permission to resume it from Resource Monitor. It also only happens with this one game, even if I launch it from Steam or from Discord.CPU usage is always around 30%....
  8. Windows Installer is being Suspended

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Installer is being Suspended: I was trying to download the PS4 Remote play app and my download kept freezing after about 2 seconds. Initially I thought it was an issue with PS4, but I soon realized my issue applied to windows. Whenever I open windows installer, the application immediately suspends in task...
  9. Apps/processes being suspended!

in Windows 10 Support
    Apps/processes being suspended!: [img] I can't figure out why, but randomly my computer has started suspending processes I try to start, for no reason I can think of. I have scanned my PC multiple times fully, there is no virus, but I can't think of a reason it would be doing this. It is incredibly...
  10. Suspended Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspended Game: Please i need help After i updated my windows 10,some of my game cant be played like GTA 5,Batman Arkham Knight. Before my laptop updated it was fine,i can play them without problem. But after i updated it whenever i opened them,the game was close by self,and then i...