Windows 10: Games are running at 2x speed

Discus and support Games are running at 2x speed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't know why but my game is running at 2x speed than normal. I have Nvidia graphics card . Plz tell me how to fix this ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Silentjackle, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Games are running at 2x speed

I don't know why but my game is running at 2x speed than normal. I have Nvidia graphics card . Plz tell me how to fix this ?

:)

Silentjackle, Sep 26, 2020

2. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Unable to run a game on Windows 10.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- When you say 'ive tried troubleshooting', what are you referring to?

- Did you check in compatibility mode?

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with all the necessary information and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Games are running at 2x speed

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Games are running at 2x speed

1. Games are running at 2x speed - Similar Threads - Games are running

2. 2x Broken Headsets

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2x Broken Headsets: Hi,We purchased 3 Microsoft headsets recently and 2 have broken.The plastic head piece is weak and both have snapped.We would like 2 replacements ASAP under warranty as this has had a serious impact on our business.Serial numbers are:SN:0Y33BB7223801USN:0Y33B9J223801UPlease...
  3. 2x Broken Headsets

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2x Broken Headsets: Hi,We purchased 3 Microsoft headsets recently and 2 have broken.The plastic head piece is weak and both have snapped.We would like 2 replacements ASAP under warranty as this has had a serious impact on our business.Serial numbers are:SN:0Y33BB7223801USN:0Y33B9J223801UPlease...
  4. cpu not running at full speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cpu not running at full speed: ive been facing performance problems since i downgraded to windows 10 from 11the base speed of my cpu is 1.7ghz and at full stress it stays at 1.69ghz doesnt go past itmy cpu can go upto 2.6ghz as i saw on the intel websiteis there anyway i can fix thisi checked the bios and...
  5. cpu not running at full speed

cpu not running at full speed: ive been facing performance problems since i downgraded to windows 10 from 11the base speed of my cpu is 1.7ghz and at full stress it stays at 1.69ghz doesnt go past itmy cpu can go upto 2.6ghz as i saw on the intel websiteis there anyway i can fix thisi checked the bios and...
  6. MP4 player that can play at 1.5x & 2x speed?

MP4 player that can play at 1.5x & 2x speed?: Hi, I have some tutorials on MP4 files. They run too slowly, so i need to run them (audio and video) at 1.5x , or 2x normal speed. Do yo uknow of an MP4 player that i can download that can do this?
  7. internet speed in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internet speed in games: my pc is connected on a fast ethernet connection around 50 mbps, my browser is fast as usual, and files download quickly. however whenever I play an online game I have incredible amounts of network lag, with applications showing that games like fifa and warzone are only...
  8. BSOD - 2x+ / day

BSOD - 2x+ / day: Hi , Recently , I think in April , after an W10 update I started getting BSOD daily . I waited for around 3 weeks for another update that will fix my problem . There was another small update , no blue screens for 3-4 day , and another update that ramp it up...
  9. BSOD 2x today

BSOD 2x today: My windows 10 PC crashed twice without running any CPU-demanding applications. This PC has been fairly reliable until now. Needs help to debug. BlueScreen view seems to indicate the problem is related to hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe as follows: [ATTACH] The minidump file:...
  10. RAM not running at correct speed.

RAM not running at correct speed.: In my UEFI BIOS I set my XMP Settings for my DDR4 RAM to run at 2133mhz (note this is not overclocked) and Windows Task Manager shows it is running at 1067mhz, this is extremely problematic because I have a Ryzen 5 1600 CPU and Ryzen is better with fast RAM speeds. Also if...