Windows 10: Games are unplayable after updating to Windows 10 1909

Discus and support Games are unplayable after updating to Windows 10 1909 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/aeronauticalRacoon [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/aeronauticalRacoon, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Games are unplayable after updating to Windows 10 1909

/u/aeronauticalRacoon, Apr 14, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, May 25, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, May 25, 2020
  4. Jetster Win User

Games are unplayable after updating to Windows 10 1909

Jetster, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Games are unplayable after updating to Windows 10 1909

1. Games are unplayable after updating to Windows 10 1909 - Similar Threads - Games are unplayable

2. HELP GAME UNPLAYABLE!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP GAME UNPLAYABLE!: Game crashes along with my pc. Only happens with downloads from ether xbox or microsoft store. Thank You! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-game-unplayable/d425b8f5-971d-4e82-aed5-47900a3ade73
  3. HELP GAME UNPLAYABLE!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP GAME UNPLAYABLE!: Game crashes along with my pc. Only happens with downloads from ether xbox or microsoft store. Thank You! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-game-unplayable/d425b8f5-971d-4e82-aed5-47900a3ade73
  4. Games now unplayable after 2h22 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games now unplayable after 2h22 update: I recently started playing apex again, and it's been a really enjoyable experience. But since the 2h22 update i can no longer play, the game starts fine adn then drops to 30 fps and stays there. It's unplayable. It was running perfect before this and now I can't revert back...
  5. Games now unplayable after 2h22 update

Games now unplayable after 2h22 update: I recently started playing apex again, and it's been a really enjoyable experience. But since the 2h22 update i can no longer play, the game starts fine adn then drops to 30 fps and stays there. It's unplayable. It was running perfect before this and now I can't revert back...
  6. Games suddenly unplayable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games suddenly unplayable: I built my pc maybe 2 months ago, any game I ran would play smooth as butter, no lag spikes or fps drops. Suddenly about 1 month later my game experiences the worst lag spikes ex: 70-4000 ping and this occurs almost every minute making it where I can no longer play my...
  7. Games suddenly unplayable

Games suddenly unplayable: I built my pc maybe 2 months ago, any game I ran would play smooth as butter, no lag spikes or fps drops. Suddenly about 1 month later my game experiences the worst lag spikes ex: 70-4000 ping and this occurs almost every minute making it where I can no longer play my...
  8. Games are unplayable after latest windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games are unplayable after latest windows update: Hi,My PC was working fine till couple of weeks ago, and I was able to play all the games on my system without any issue. But after the some of the latest windows updates, the gaming performance has become really bad and most of the games are unplayable. I used to get...
  9. Games are unplayable after latest windows update

Games are unplayable after latest windows update: Hi,My PC was working fine till couple of weeks ago, and I was able to play all the games on my system without any issue. But after the some of the latest windows updates, the gaming performance has become really bad and most of the games are unplayable. I used to get...
  10. Windows Update - gaming lag...unplayable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update - gaming lag...unplayable: Windows 10 was just updated yesterday 5/29/2020 with a link given to me from a Microsoft advisor. Now my games are unplayable with lag. When I used the settings check for updates, there were none available and I was already up to date. If I check my update history, it is...